Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Saw Black Panther earlier today.

I'm honestly floored that this is a Marvel Studios film. That's not to say there are still some visible guidelines of the MCU that can be seen, but they feel largely transparent; it feels like a total spinoff of the MCU rather than an official entry. The presentation (the setting, the music, the languages, accents, and oh so very much the costume and set design) are so very removed from Marvel films (even the more "out there" films like GotG and Ragnarok); especially so with how the writing handles the themes of the film and the motivation of the characters. It reminded me so much of some of the (higher budget) African films from Ghana and Nigeria my parents like to watch, except it was way, way better than what those usually turn out to be. 

This was probably the most packed I've been in a theater for some time (it was probably near halfway full, which is saying a lot for a morning screening; there are usually less than twenty people in the morning showings for movies I attend), and the audience applauded when it ended. And it totally deserved it (as well as that massive opening weekend it's going to sweep in the coming days); because as far as I'm concerned, this is arguably Marvel Studios' best movie and shares the throne with Thor Ragnarok (don't pun-ish me) as my personal favorite. I really want to get my parents to go see this movie, because I feel they will really enjoy (or at least, be surprised) as much as I was with what the film has to say and especially so with how it says it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/01/marvel-six-new-movie-release-dates-2021-and-2022/

Six new movies are planned for Phase 4 after the ones currently in production (Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Fourth Avengers movie, still don't know if the Venom movie fits or not). We know already sequels to Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange are pretty much given, so that's haf the slots; place your bets on the others.
Personal considerations:
*there were rumors on a stand-alone Black Widow film in production, i guess they may fit with this
*while being succesfull, i'm not sure what material could be used for a Black Panther sequel; maybe the Savage Lands? Maybe Kraven the Hunter? I dunno.
*Universal is still pressing so i'm not counting on a Hulk (or Hulk-related characters like She-Hulk) solo movie for the time being
*forgot when, but someone of Marvel Studios said they're not gonna make immediately movies based on the characters aquired with the Fox deal, so no F4 or X-Men yet (although i prefer only the former for a MCU integration)
*thanks to the All Hail the King short we know the real Mandarin is out there wanting Iron Man's head on a silver plate, so who knows
*depending on what will happen in Infinity War, Thor will have to find a new home for the Asgard survivors, so maybe a movie about that
*Ghost Rider was reintroduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., i think it's time he deserves a new proper movie
*a proper movie of The Defenders just to cement their supposed canon status
*Blade's reintroduction maybe?
*Howard the Duck solo movie? That would flip so many tables.

So yeah, lot to think about. Opinions?

I can guarantee you that the February release date is for the Black Panther sequel. Heck, the guy is gonna be a major player in the MCU going forward with all the money his movie is raking in.

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

don't know if the Venom movie fits or not).

Considering how that movie's coming out this year and won't be a part of the MCU, it likely doesn't .

Personally, I'd like some Fantastic Four stuff. We don't need to have them appear right away, but it could be neat to have mentions of S.H.I.E.L.D keeping an eye on a "country leader dressing up like a super villain" or maybe even some FF villains that could double for MCU villains (Skrulls could be interesting).

One movie I wish they'd make is Hawkeyes. It'd be a movie with Clint meeting Kate and mentoring here in the tone of the Matt Fraction Hawkeye run. I'm so disappointed we're getting a movie about lame Black Widow, but not the Hawkeyes.

• Nice Smile 1

13 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Personally, I'd like some Fantastic Four stuff. We don't need to have them appear right away, but it could be neat to have mentions of S.H.I.E.L.D keeping an eye on a "country leader dressing up like a super villain" or maybe even some FF villains that could double for MCU villains (Skrulls could be interesting).

I have some great news to tell you about Captain Marvel and possibly the next Avengers movie following Infinity War. Skrulls are the main antagonist in Captain Marvel with them doing the Kree Skrull War set in the 90s and Carol wearing a very retro Kree styled version of her outfit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

I have some great news to tell you about Captain Marvel and possibly the next Avengers movie following Infinity War. Skrulls are the main antagonist in Captain Marvel with them doing the Kree Skrull War set in the 90s and Carol wearing a very retro Kree styled version of her outfit. 

I doubt the Skrulls will be in Avengers 4. Seeing as Infinity war was intended to be two parts, the fourth movie is likely to still have Thanos as the villain. Way too much time has been spent building up to him and the Infinity Stones for them to wrap up that storyline in one film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I finish watching the Inhumans TV show over the course of 2 days. And oddly enough this is one of those times where I can say that a show has met my expectations perfectly. I came in expecting a low budget poorly produced Marvel show after learning Scott buck was behind this.

This was such a strange experience to Witness. here we have the Inhumans Marvel wanted to push them to be the next X-Men and they did so little with everything, cutting every corner they could. And all those comic books that big push led us up to this garbage fire it's astounding! This will forever be the black spot of Marvel entertainment as we know it.

But let's talk about characters!

Moving on... No really there's no one really worth talking about in the show. The closest thing we had to a sympathetic or relatable character was Maximus the villain, that's the most sympathetic character. Of course in true Scott Buck fashion he ruins that along the journey as well. So I guess that means the wall Eldrak is the best character? I mean it ain't the royal family of subjugators tossing people to roles against their wills, that's for fucking sure.

The more The Show Goes On there's more cases of just don't think about it. Guy gets his head bashed against some rocks? Shut up he's dead don't think about it! See that giant protective cloaking Dome above us? Sure we can make that, but drilling equipment is beyond us. Don't think about it!

None of you should have to watch this it's everything or thinking of and several things we've seen done better. Hell the beginning and final episode is pretty much just Thor Ragnarok done with a Buck budget.

This was a waste of time and not just mine. Marvel's, the actors, and all the Hawaiian supporting characters.

Oh yeah the crystals can bring Inhumans back via a second terragenesis, they don't do it cause you might come back as a broken feak of nature or something. You know, just like normal Terragenesis.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

So with Infinity Wars coming in fast, I figured that now is a better time than any to drop my rankings for every MCU film out atm. I'll also be throwing it into a little tier list to better who on what level some of them are on for me. Keep in mind that these are just my own thoughts (for heavens sake all three of you Ant-Man fans, chill :v) and I'd love to see some of your lists.

SS
1. Homecoming
2. Winter Soldier
S
3. Civil War
A
4. Black Panther
5. Iron Man 1
6. Ragnarok
7. Avengers 1
8. Guardians vol 1
B
9. Avengers 2
10. Captain America
C
11. Iron Man 3
12. Guardians vol 2

13. Doctor Strange
D
14. Thor 1
15. Iron Man 2
16. Hulk
F
17. Ant-Man
18. Thor 2

So a few notes here:

Black Panther will probably go higher as time goes on. I just haven't seen it the number of times I've watched the others (already have that blu-ray on pre-order tho) so I just didn't feel I could put it any higher atm.

Anything above D rank are films I wouldn't mind watching most of the time as they're all still very enjoyable to me.

If I had to rank the different phases thus far, it'd go P3>> P2 > P1

Honestly, I wouldn't call any of these films "bad" by the standard sense. It's just when you put them next to one another you have to have some losers.

Captain America is severely underrated by most im tellin ya

So yeah, can't fucking wait to see IW. 10 whole years of buildup... it's almost here!!!

Here comes my list. I havent seen Black Panther or Guardians of the galaxy vol2. Also I've seen enough of youtube clips of the following movies enough to rank them: Civil War, Ant Man,Dr. Strange and Homecoming

SS
1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Winter Soldier
S
3. Civil War

4.Spiderman Homecoming
A
5. Avengers 1
6.Iron Man 2
7. Avenger age of ultron
8. Captain America First Avenger
B
9. Incredible Hulk
10. Thor 1
C
11. Iron Man 3
12. Guardians vol 1

14. Iron Man 1
D
14. Dr. Strange
15. Thor 2
F
16. Ant-Man

Sorry Ant Man fans. I just can't connect to him.

I originally had that same issue with Iron Man but after watching all the movies he's been in has changed it for me. It helps that RDJ really makes you feel that he is tony stark. 

1 hour ago, Strickerx5 said:

Captain America is severely underrated by most im tellin ya

That it is Gamer Luna. That it is.

1 hour ago, Strickerx5 said:

Black Panther will probably go higher as time goes on.

Whew. that explains it! :rolleyes:

• Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna say we had a topic on this movie but search isn't showing it.

But anyway... Venom leaked!

Spoiler

Youtube mirror until Sony takes it down:

Spoiler

The mook's reaction pretty much summed my reaction as well. 

HOOO.

I'm actually really loving how he looks and voices. AND THE TONGUE MAN. THE TONGUE IS THERE. YES. 

• My Emmerdoods 1

HOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAN.

THAT looks sick. FINALLY. Goddamn it.

>tfw this is the movies' final scene and Venom's only appearance :P

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

HOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAN.

THAT looks sick. FINALLY. Goddamn it.

>tfw this is the movies' final scene and Venom's only appearance :P

Don't you fucking say that shit. A leaked plot line says that Venom is on the last 10 minutes fighting against Carnage. 

Fuck that and Sony if that's true. 

1 minute ago, Blue Wisp said:

Don't you fucking say that shit. A leaked plot line says that Venom is on the last 10 minutes fighting against Carnage. 

Fuck that and Sony if that's true. 

Speaking as a strong-willed optimist. One of the most optimistic folk on this board to boot.

Knowing Sony, that's likely true.

Honestly call me crazy but I'm more excited for this than I am for Homecoming 2. I found Homecoming pretty dull and disappointing and I wasn't a fan of any of the supporting cast, especially Ned.

I went to watch Homecoming expecting nothing and was surprised TBH. The secret is, keep your expectations in check. WHICH IS WHY I FEAR I MIGHT NOT ENJOY INFINITY WAR!!! D,:

I already have my ticket, gonna go watch with 4 other friends on saturday 28th :)

Too bad it isn't the IMAX room, but the Macro XE instead, which is baaaaaasically the same. A huge ass screen, great 3D effect and sound that makes you DEAF.

It's gonna be gud.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Carnage is in this? Oh man.

Yeah he's the main villain from what was told.

Holy shit if Venom looks good, I want to see Carnage. I need to see him.

Love me some Cletus.