Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Spoiler

If they're going for Howard's original story it makes sense for him to be alive: he's technically from another dimension, and the gauntlet/gems work only with beings of their native dimension.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

So the Russo's spoke to Huffpost about something interesting.

Hide contents

A few people that lived/died/too spoilery at the end of the film.

Alive - Howard the Duck and Aunt May

Dead - Actor Loki (Matt Damon :p), Betty Ross and Sif

Spoilery - Jane Foster, Korg, Miek, Shuri and Ned

Unknown - Nakia (they kept saying she's undercover so...)

First, sad that Sif has been super written out. The movies really hate Thor's friends XD Though dude, interesting to hear about Jane, I was sure she was done. If Ned is hurt, I'll be upset.

Spoiler

Called it, May lived. If I had to guess, Tony will be forced to confront her in Avengers 4

Spoiler

Well the movie is confirmed to take place a long time after IW. Who knows. I expect tony to have a interesting space adventure on his way home and he’ll probably return back to earth around the halfway point. That I’m sure will really change up his perceptions and maybe even character. 

24 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Well the movie is confirmed to take place a long time after IW. Who knows. I expect tony to have a interesting space adventure on his way home and he’ll probably return back to earth around the halfway point. That I’m sure will really change up his perceptions and maybe even character. 

Spoiler

I have a feeling that Tony will already be back, or at least return somewhat early. Apparently Set Photos leaked and showed a older and more broken Tony. Not sure if it's true, but I did read that somewhere.

41 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

I have a feeling that Tony will already be back, or at least return somewhat early. Apparently Set Photos leaked and showed a older and more broken Tony. Not sure if it's true, but I did read that somewhere.

Spoiler

If that’s the case, I hope we get a flashback back to when he was heading home from space or something.

Spoiler

Having Avengers 4 start waaaaaaay after Infinity War is such a good choice. 

If it started right afterwards the shock of everyone's death would be mild. 

But by having the film take place long after Infinity War there's room for some world development regarding the deaths and how it impacts everyone left standing.

Fantastic choice. 

A blanket statement was said that missing characters in Infinity War will play a bigger role in 4. 

Spoiler

This means Hawkeye and Ant Man has likely survived.

Spoiler

I’m guessing Avengers 4 will have a more centered focus on the original Avengers that were in the first film. After all, they’re the big names that survived. So in that regard, I’m not surprised Hawkeye survived.

Man, was this one hell of a movie, and I saw it on May 5th this year. It had lots of great action, and Thanos was a true badass in this movie.

Spoiler

The ending was one of the most fucked up endings I seen in a while, and it was sad to see many heroes fade away into ashes, especially Spider Man.

As for Rocket's fate in this movie, I wasn't too sure if he would make it or not, but I never thought he would be the last Guardian.

The end credits didn't really help make things better either, especially with the music and the white font on a black background. The post-credits scene made things a bit better though.

Let's hope Captain Marvel can reverse the mess Thanos made in the next Avengers film, or even her upcoming movie.

Spoiler

Yknow what’s even more fucked that I didn’t even realize until now? Rocket doesn’t know he’s the only one alive of his family. 

7 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Yknow what’s even more fucked that I didn’t even realize until now? Rocket doesn’t know he’s the only one alive of his family. 

Hopefully there is a rocket and nebula scene.

Spoiler

I thought the credits themselves was fucking amazing. Perfect note to end on. You literally saw billions die on screen and Cap only having a broken "Oh God" to say. The best comparison I've heard is that the credits, between the erasing logo/credits, the somber piano theme, and the simple white text on a black screen with no flashy effects read like an obligatory as opposed to credits.

This is just great

SPOILER: DON'T WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AS IT CROSSES OUT WHO DIED IN THE POSTER 

Spoiler

Here's something interesting. Did you guys ever want to know if Thanos would spare or kill you if the events of A:IW were to happen in real life?? Well, this website could give you some idea on your fate.

The first time I went to that website, it said I was spared by Thanos. After my computer update however, it said I was killed by Thanos. So much for my survival... -_-

Edit: As of 5/23/2018, it says I'm spared again.

Edited by NiTROACTiVE

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone can answer this as I was just thinking about it.

Spoiler

What exactly was the point of Thanos eliminating half of the planets he crossed’s population, when he was gonna split THAT number once again in half come time when he gets the infinity gauntlet? He effectively then is creating imbalance in certain areas of the universe then by making those planets 1/4th of their original population while others are just cut in half.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:10 AM, KHCast said:

Maybe someone can answer this as I was just thinking about it.

Hide contents

What exactly was the point of Thanos eliminating half of the planets he crossed’s population, when he was gonna split THAT number once again in half come time when he gets the infinity gauntlet? He effectively then is creating imbalance in certain areas of the universe then by making those planets 1/4th of their original population while others are just cut in half.

Spoiler

I believe it was when someone pointed out that the population would simply regrow, that Thanos said he would have to do it again. Even with half the universe dead, babies being born is still something that could occur in a somewhat rapid rate and cause this to happen again.

But the more obvious answer is Thanos himself knows it's not a long term, or even smart decision. Many people have mentioned that Thanos could've used that power to give everyone the resources needed to survive, and he instead opted for the route of killing everybody. On some level, he won't accept any other decision because he happened to be correct one time with what happened on Titan.

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

I believe it was when someone pointed out that the population would simply regrow, that Thanos said he would have to do it again. Even with half the universe dead, babies being born is still something that could occur in a somewhat rapid rate and cause this to happen again.

But the more obvious answer is Thanos himself knows it's not a long term, or even smart decision. Many people have mentioned that Thanos could've used that power to give everyone the resources needed to survive, and he instead opted for the route of killing everybody. On some level, he won't accept any other decision because he happened to be correct one time with what happened on Titan.

Spoiler

So more or less just insanity/a subconscious desire to kill people, thereby playing god 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

So more or less just insanity/a subconscious desire to kill people, thereby playing god 

Spoiler

I'm not sure if I'd wish to relegate it to just that because it causes a lot of the traction of making Thanos a good villain with reasoning for doing this and a complex belief that he's doing right fall short.

Personally, my theory is that the situation on Titan destroyed Thanos so much that he subconsciously cannot accept any other option as being feasible. He was right once when it came to the situation on Titan eventually leading to their destruction so now he cannot accept that other races do not face the same issues Titan had, or that there's any other acceptable option for saving everyone than the one he's currently taking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure if I'd wish to relegate it to just that because it causes a lot of the traction of making Thanos a good villain with reasoning for doing this and a complex belief that he's doing right fall short.

Personally, my theory is that the situation on Titan destroyed Thanos so much that he subconsciously cannot accept any other option as being feasible. He was right once when it came to the situation on Titan eventually leading to their destruction so now he cannot accept that other races do not face the same issues Titan had, or that there's any other acceptable option for saving everyone than the one he's currently taking. 

Spoiler

True. Probably doesn’t help that since he can wield all the infinity stones, he feels this is his destiny, coupled with the fact that he was right regarding Titan. He can’t fathom that in his mind mere pawns could know better than him given everything he’s gone through to get where he’s at. He does acknowledge how he doesn’t WANT to do this but believes it’s the only way.

Speaking of Titan 

• 1 month later...

With Infinity War finally releasing on Blu-Ray and DVD, I finally got to rewatch it, and it actually made me realize a new theory about Thanos. Gonna just post what I said earlier in the statuses and add a little more onto it: 

Spoiler

Thanos states that his "destroy the universe" plan was fair, random. It didn't pick favourites. But when you watch who dies, you begin to see how that seriously falls apart. While a good amount are random, like Sam, or Bucky, quite a few are ones he would specifically choose...

Think about it:

Wanda: Not only did she destroy a stone directly in front of him, but he tries to sympathize with her too. Not only is she a huge threat if the below candidates were still alive, but he would almost definitely see it as some kind of """mercy""", like "I shall reunite you with your lover in death".

Guardians: All of them except Groot and Rocket successfully created a plan to screw over Thanos, to the point they would've gotten the gauntlet off and stopped him had Peter not stepped in. Mantis especially would've been a threat if she had managed to get him in that state again. If they were to team up, Mantis could easily force him into that slumber again while Wanda proceeds to destroy the stones.

Titan in general: All of them had created this plan to stop him, that worked. It worked right up til Star-Lord's mistake. They not only flipped him off by standing against them, they were successful til he got lucky that Star-Lord found out that he killed Gamora, otherwise he would've been fucked altogether. 

There's more evidence to back it up, because the only two survivors on Titan are Tony and Nebula, and that's because for Tony, he had given his word to Strange that he'd be spared, and as insane as Thanos is, he seemingly is a man of his word, and after losing Gamora, it's incredibly unlikely he wanted to lose Nebula too. It's shown he still has some kind of liking to his daughters, even if he's harsher to Nebula.

It seems strange to me that those who legitimately posed the biggest threat to him were the ones who ended up snapped out of existence, and Tony/Nebula were the only Titan survivors who had reasons for why Thanos wouldn't kill them.

The only one I can think of who posed an actual threat who survived was Thor, and even then it was only him that posed a direct threat to Thanos himself. Wanda and the others' plans could've caused the destruction of the gauntlet or the stones themselves. 

So Brie Larson and Entertainment Weekly are teasing a Captain Marvel reveal that will break the internet. Any guesses on what it will be? Personally Im expecting an official first look at her in costume, seeing as EW has done that for previous MCU movies.

https://ew.com/movies/captain-marvel-first-look-images/#ready-for-takeoff

So some photos of Captain Marvel released. The article states the movie starts of with Carol already having her powers and returning to earth. Looks like a beach setting  to deal with the Skrulls. Maybe her origins story is revealed in flashbacks, maybe while talking to Fury

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Marvel's teaser trailer just dropped. Looks interesting, getting Green Lantern vibes but done right. Also Nick Fury looks hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to rewatch it again. Saw it on my way home out of work.

It's ok.

Didnt give me the chills like the infinity war trailers.