Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Nope, there's another at the very very end of the credits. It lasts about thirty seconds, and nothing really happens, but it's funny as hell especially considering how they set up the scene in the actual movie.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Nope, there's another at the very very end of the credits. It lasts about thirty seconds, and nothing really happens, but it's funny as hell especially considering how they set up the scene in the actual movie.

Well damn! Can I see it somewhere on the interwebz?

Well damn! Can I see it somewhere on the interwebz?

Youtube search "avengers credits scene" and it should be one of the first videos.

Youtube search "avengers credits scene" and it should be one of the first videos.

Okay, searched it. It was funny, but probably would of been funnier if I saw it right after the movie as opposed to a day after.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Just got back from it. Loved it! Considering that nearly every major superhero movie since 2008 was all leading up to this, I was expecting to feel underwhelmed, but this definitely, definitely lived up to the hype. There were way too many memorable scenes to count.

I can't wait to go see it again (this is just one of them movies that makes me feel compelled to see it in theaters more than once), and I'll be eagerly awaiting the next entry in this canon.

Edited by gunthər
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kinda funny that people went to see with High exceptions, I had none and I really fucking enjoyed when of the best films I have seen this year so far!biggrin.png

OK finished my marathon today. God the Avengers is even better if you watch the rest of the saga beforecool.png

The Incredible Hulk is okay. I hated it the first time i saw it in 2008 but maybe i was just in a bad mood that day,cause this time i thought it was ok. Edward Norton is good as Banner(Even though i thought Mark Ruffalo was better) and the rest of the cast was ok. The action was also just ok,wasn't bad but not that good either. My main problem is the story. They should have focused more on the origins and the internal conflict. In the comics Hulk hates Banner because to him he represents a weakling. The movie relied mostly on Bruce/Hulk and their relationship with Betty for substance. It's nice but there's much more to the Hulk franchise. I'm still waiting for a really fantastic Hulk moviesleep.png

Thor is good. Originally when i saw the trailers i thought that Chris Hemsworth didn't really look like Thor, but when i saw the movie he felt like Thor, very good. Natalie Portman was also great as Jane and the rest of the cast is also good. The visuals/action scenes were good but not great. As for the story, it had great moments(I love the brotherhood subplot and the humor scenes) but for the most part it was just good(The romance was good enough but could have been better).

Overall the Avengers saga was almost always enjoyable. Can't wait to know if we're really gonna get a sequelbiggrin.png

EDIT: Oh and another thing: I'm tired of people rarely refering to the Hulk by his name in these movies. It's almost always "It","That thing" or "The other guy". They always call him Hulk in the comics and cartoons, I want the movies to do the same.

ReEdit: Another person saying it's the movie Michael Bay wishes he could make - Doug Walker:

Edited by pppp

Oh God, that movie was fantastic, my favorite movie, ever.

I saw it over the weekend and absolutely loved it! The characters were very well done and did an amazing job of interacting with each other. The action, especially towards the end was fantastic, and the various humorous scenes throughout the movie were just hilarious!

This movie exceeded my expectations and it's one of the best movies I've seen this year! I can't wait to see how the other summer movies I'm looking forward to seeing compare to this one!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've yet to go watch it but I might go this weekend if people haven't gone back home after finals. Also, I found this

558697_10150715205106580_590311579_9847822_982431624_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Here is something you guys should know:

When Thanos first appeared, he defeated the Avengers. He captured them and was seemingly on his way to rule Earth. Then guess who rescued them and subsequently defeated Thanos? Spider-man.

FUCK!

Wasn't he aided by The Thing also?

So here's my impressions:

Strangest thing: The aliens are kinda lame. They had shape shifting abilities in the comics, but not so much here. They also kinda had a "For a time the humans of earth knew the illusion of peace" thing going on. I guess it's just as well, considering I tend to get them confused with the shape shifting aliens that the Justice League tends to fight. And by that I mean they looked like Locusts from Gears of War.

Unsurprisingly, Robert Downey Jr. outshines everyone else most of them time. It's also kinda funny to think that for a few years it was someone's job to cg R.D.J. into the suit.

This movie also made me realize that Marvel also has a character named Thanatos in addition to Thanos, which is part of why I think the "everything's canon to everything" that the big two do isn't that great an idea.

I also find it unfortunate that there's no way for Avengers 2 to basically end up as an MvC movie because the first one was pretty much already half of one. To really be representative of how people play the game, they'd only really need to have Strider, though.

I should probably update how I felt about this movie, because oh my god this is the best movie like in ever, even jesus couldn't make a better film, motherfucking movie of the year, tdkr and spidey can go suck a dick etc.

This is honestly what I call a perfect movie, the characters are oh so well written and fun to watch, thanks to the hilarious and witty script, seriously i could watch hours of BTS footage of the cast just goofing off during filming because of how good the chemistry between them is. Oh yeah, best fucking action sequences ever, I swear, it's like one big fucking WWE match. But with superheroes. ( "HERE COMES IRON MAN WITH A REPULSOR BLAS, OH THE INCREDIBLE HULK COMES IN WITH A SMASHING BLOW") In fact, i just love how much geek jerk off "holy shit" moments there are for people like me, and somehow, each moment tops the last. "DID CAP JUST DEFLECT A BLOW FROM THOR'S HAMM- OH SHIT THOR JUST UPPERCUTTED HULK, HOLY FUCKING SHIT DID THE HULK JUST ONE HIT KILL A BIG SPACE ALIEN BAHABAHAHAHAHAA NOW HE'S TRASHING THAT CUNT LOKI HOLY SHIT IS THAT FUCKING THANOS FUCK YEAH UNF"

I can't honestly praise this film more than it already has, Whedon, i just wanna give you a big ol kiss, THANK YOU for this movie, and ohmygodimgoingtogoseeitagainandagainandagain.

I'd hate to bring this up, but I honestly don't think i'll enjoy Spidey or TDKR as much as I did this. hell yes i'll see them, but I honestly, doubt they'll entertain me as much as this did. Hell I doubt I'll ever have as much fun watching a movie in my entire lifetime, no lie.

tl;dr: movie is better than sex, go see it like a billion times

Peanutbutterdimond, you took my post from the box office thread. D: Which I took from GAF, but still.

I've finally gotten around to seeing this film. I don't know if it's the best super hero movie ever made, but it was definitely a fun ride; a satisfying conclusion to what was basically five movies' worth of build-up. More specific thoughts:

Whedon's a master of writing groups. The way the characters interact with one another is as interesting, if not moreso, than the actual physical battling at the end. I like how Stark took to Banner considering they found common interests. Cap's complete ignorance of science and modern jargon was fitting and adorable, and better aided in the believability of his conflicts with Stark. My only wish was for Thor to be more involved in that group development despite his fixation on appealing to his brother, especially considering Thor is as much a fish-out-of-water as Cap is. They definitely could've found some common ground. I also kind of miss meatheaded Thor.

I didn't realize how much I was attached to Agent Coulson until they offed him. That made my eyes well, especially considering this was one of his most human appearances, what with his Captain America fandom and all. Glad he got at least one shot on Loki.

And holy shit at the Hulk. Not only is the mild-mannered, lone-wolf Bruce Banner just awesome, but his ability to whoop ass is absolutely terrifying. I laughed at his payback punch to Thor and was in awe at Loki's demise.

Costume quibbles be damned, Hawkeye is a new favorite of mine. I've just got a thing for archer characters, and his aim and arsenal are awesome.

Finally, shwarma! And Galaga. <3

Two things that threw me off however: The Hulk's initial transformation is presumed to be due to Loki's intervention or because of the stressful situation of the ship being under attack. He was completely uncontrollable, but in the end, he just switches on the Hulk mode and his sentience is retained, the secret being that he's "always angry" in the first place. Was the difference between his two transformations ever explained, or will I just have to settle on the theory that Banner touching the scepter was the beginning of his demise? I didn't fully get that one.

I also felt that the alien army's introduction wasn't handled well. A lot of the villains' development was handed to Loki despite his interactions with the leader (whose name I don't know). Then as he and Thor are fighting, there's that portal! I felt like something was missing, at the very least a warm-up scene of the aliens being called to arms. In a way, they almost felt tacked on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Peanutbutterdimond, you took my post from the box office thread. D: Which I took from GAF, but still.

I've finally gotten around to seeing this film. I don't know if it's the best super hero movie ever made, but it was definitely a fun ride; a satisfying conclusion to what was basically five movies' worth of build-up. More specific thoughts:

Yes, I did but honestly, it was a crime that the news of the record was posted in the box office thread and not in the thread about the film that made said record.

Whedon's a master of writing groups. The way the characters interact with one another is as interesting, if not moreso, than the actual physical battling at the end. I like how Stark took to Banner considering they found common interests. Cap's complete ignorance of science and modern jargon was fitting and adorable, and better aided in the believability of his conflicts with Stark. My only wish was for Thor to be more involved in that group development despite his fixation on appealing to his brother, especially considering Thor is as much a fish-out-of-water as Cap is. They definitely could've found some common ground. I also kind of miss meatheaded Thor.

I didn't realize how much I was attached to Agent Coulson until they offed him. That made my eyes well, especially considering this was one of his most human appearances, what with his Captain America fandom and all. Glad he got at least one shot on Loki.

And holy shit at the Hulk. Not only is the mild-mannered, lone-wolf Bruce Banner just awesome, but his ability to whoop ass is absolutely terrifying. I laughed at his payback punch to Thor and was in awe at Loki's demise.

Costume quibbles be damned, Hawkeye is a new favorite of mine. I've just got a thing for archer characters, and his aim and arsenal are awesome.

Finally, shwarma! And Galaga. <3

Two things that threw me off however: The Hulk's initial transformation is presumed to be due to Loki's intervention or because of the stressful situation of the ship being under attack. He was completely uncontrollable, but in the end, he just switches on the Hulk mode and his sentience is retained, the secret being that he's "always angry" in the first place. Was the difference between his two transformations ever explained, or will I just have to settle on the theory that Banner touching the scepter was the beginning of his demise? I didn't fully get that one.

I also felt that the alien army's introduction wasn't handled well. A lot of the villains' development was handed to Loki despite his interactions with the leader (whose name I don't know). Then as he and Thor are fighting, there's that portal! I felt like something was missing, at the very least a warm-up scene of the aliens being called to arms. In a way, they almost felt tacked on.

You're not the only one sad about Coulson's death. I always liked the guy when he appeared. He was quirky and comical yet competent and serious and badass. I was surprised when he died. I didn't think they would do that. A lot of other people are pretty sad too. After seeing the film, I read online about people's opinions on it and such and found out that Coulson's pretty much a fan favourite breakout character. Which is why he kept getting bigger roles. He's so popular he got a poster for the film and was actually recently put in to the 616 comics. Though many fans were guessing he would die since Whedon usually kills off fan favourite characters(Though it was Fiege's idea and he did hint that the Coulson Loki killed could have been an LMD which kind of divides my feelings).

From what Ruffalo said, the scene with Harry Dean Stanton(The guy who asked if he was an alien) was longer so that probably explained it more. That and there's thirty minutes of deleted scenes that are going to be on the DVD.

The aliens were pretty much tacked on but I don't care. it doesn't bother me. When you have to handle eight main characters plus a main villain, the alien army really isn't the focus and shouldn't be. And again, there's thirty whole minutes of deleted scenes so there might have been more alien stuff that was rightfully cut.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I first saw Coulson get stabbed, the theatre just got silent. Atleast his final words were hilarious. -blasts Loki with gun- "So that's what it does." Everyone cracked up. XD

Edited by Winston

I hope that Sony will be nice enough to loan Spider-man to Disney just for this movie. Think of it as a promotion to their next Spider-man movie. Just for one movie. He really needs to be in this movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

I almost wish this movie didn't come out so soon, it was so mind blowing that I'm even less excited for Amazing Spiderman and the DKR now.

Holy shit this movie was amazing!

Like the first act you're all like "Man this movie is really starting up slow, oh hey I caught that reference!"

Then the second act and you're like " Okay okay, it's a good movie, but I can't see where all this praise is coming from..."

But then the third act kicks in and you're all like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING! BOOM BAM! POW! ZOOP! BANG! BWOOSH! JESUS THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I'VE SEEN IN YEARS!"

But yeah, it was good.

P.S. My two favorite parts of the movie

avengers009.gif

and

Edited by Mike Dawson