Awoo.

[MEDIA] Dubstep Sonic! [AR's Various Forms of Media Thread!]

#AR

This is the hub for all my media stuff!

In this thread you will see:

Drum covers- I mostly do video game songs, but I'll occasionally do songs by (for lack of a better term) real artists from time-to time. I'm not a professional at this kinda stuff, but i hope you enjoy them! I'll also take requests (just as long as I can get a good run in)

Various other videos- I'm a novice video editor, and I'll occasionally make stuff on YouTube from time-to time!

Latest Drum Cover: Fight the Knight (from "Sonic and the Black Knight")

Latest music video: Sonic The Hedgehog Dubstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVfVDyXca8

Previous Drum Covers:

Edited by Marik Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh mah gawd, I loved all your submissions for the album. And I really dig when peeps mix hip-hop. The best.

(First and second of the Hip-Hop remixes share the same link, btw.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Got some of my Hip-Hop beats up. No they don't sound like the stuff on the radio. I'm actually pretty abstract about them, using several samples not typical to most rap music nowadays. I'm sort of an Alternative Rap/Hip-Hop guy when it comes down to beats.

You can listen to them in the OP or in this convenient set:

http://soundcloud.com/alien_renegade/sets/original-beats

Enjoy!

UPDATE:

Now uploaded three Beastie Boys x Sonic Mashups. This is the beginning of a collection entitled "The Hedgehog Committee, Part II". The "Part II" is intentional, as the name is based off of the Beastie Boys' latest album "The Hot Sauce Committee, Part II".

The mixes are:

"An Open Letter to NYC" vs. "Rusty Ruins- Act 1 (Saturn)"

"Body Movin'" vs. "Wacky Workbench- Present (USA)"

and "Here's a Little Something For Ya" vs. Final Haunt"

Enjoy!

P.S. Hey Jeff, here's a new Mashup Monday possibly?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

What happens when you take me, a Japanese game, a music program, and an hour's worth of extreme boredom?

Well, ya get this:

I made a simple rap beat that samples the horror/chase theme from the game Ao Oni (a.k.a. the game with the blue rapist demon guy that follows you around an abandoned house).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATES:

First off, I organized the OP to look more streamlined.

Second off, NEW MUSIC!

First is a Frog Forest mix I've been procrastinating working on since May.

and Second is a remix of the GUN robo boss from SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new beat. Here's a tribute track for the late MCA (R.I.P.) It's called "Starry Skies in NYC"

https://soundcloud.com/alien_renegade/starry-skies-in-nyc

And here's a little something I did because I was bored. It's a mashup of Oldies but Happies (JSRF) and Ethno Circus (Sonic Rush)

Edited by Chip

• 4 weeks later...

New song time!

I'm sure you guys remember Freen in Green from the Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011, right? Well, you probably may not have heard a lot of their original songs though.

This is a remix of "Level 3 - Waterfall Valley" off of their album "Pixelated Planet" called "Chasing Waterfalls".

SoundCloud Link

Once again, thank you, Freen in Green, for just being plain awesome!! =D

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

New mashup!

The Beastie Boys' Grammy Award-winning hit "Intergalactic" meets with one of SA2's best levels, Cosmic Wall in this tune!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two things, both related to the anticipated Music Album!

First off a remix from an obscure game! 

For those of you who don't know what "The Ooze" is, it's an old Genesis game released in '95. This obscure, hardcore-difficulty gem is blessed with one of the best Genesis soundtracks I've ever heard, and it's a shame that I've only found one other remix of a song from this game. 

In this remix, I take two songs from this game (Waste Plant Part III and Plague Factory Part III) and mix in a little some'n-some'n from a Sonic game and gave my own Hardcore Punk, Arcade, Lo-Fi Garage-sound twist!

And then there's this:

https://soundcloud.com/alien_renegade/beatbox-thing

As the title suggests, I was bored, but hey, this was kinda fun, since it was my first time recording myself Beatboxing. I picked That's Enough from Jet Set Radio. I dunno why. Just did. Based this beatbox mostly off of the GBA version.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some news and updates!
First off, if you guys remember/liked my Beastie Boys x Sonic Mashups, then check this:
488123_336235556481478_597516967_n.jpg
(totally BS'ed artwork lol)

I'll be releasing all of them in a downloadable (free of charge) EP next month, with a couple bonus tracks for those that download!

Now time for the updates:

I GOT A BANDCAMP NOW!

There's also a link in the sig (click the logo)!
As you can see, My Bandcamp has a song on it. This one...actually isn't a remix! It's an original song called "Astro-Projection"! (Link on SoundCloud) This song is unique. It's a little dubstep/rap experiment.
The Bandcamp will house all of my original works and also my Beastie Boys x Sonic Mashup EP.

• 1 month later...

http://alienrenegade.bandcamp.com/
Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce the release of my debut self-titled EP!

522555_352852878153079_229020731_n.png

6 of my beats made from the past five years plus a bonus track! for those who cop the full thing! Only $0.99 per track, or 5 dollars for the whole thing!

Track Listing:
1. No Doubt
2. Cruisin' Down 5th Street
3. High-Roller
4. Like Dat
5. Starry Skies in NYC [instrumental Version]
6. Astro-Projection
7. R.E.N.E.G.A.D.E. [short Edit] (bonus)

(also I totally gave SSMB and Sonic Stadium a shoutout just because lol)

Also, as a bonus little treat: I did a little messing around with my music program and made a hip-hp beat with some country-music elements lol. Check it out!

Edited by Ash Crimson

I played "Rock it On" on Drums.

Messed up a couple times due to this being my 5th time trying to play this song.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new mashup!

"Alive" by Beastie Boys with "Bad Taste Aquarium...for Hot Shelter" from Sonic Adventure!

Hedgehog Committee Part 2 (The Beastie Boys x Sonic Mashup Collection) is coming April 29!

• 2 weeks later...

First single off of my upcoming album, "March of the A.R. Goblins", coming in 2014.

Gave this song a little bit of a latin-ish feel.

Hedgehog Committee Part 2 is still set for April 29!

• Thumbs Up 1

So...
I had to change my name, since there not only was an artist named Alien Renegade artist named Alien Renegade, but also a record company named Renegade Alien Records. Yeah that kinda sucked, so I decided to change my name since I may actually be involved with a business venture...

Anyways, I now go under the name Ample Renitence. Kept the same initials, and the new name fits me a lot (Renitence means "resisting pressure" or "resistant"). I'm in the process of changing my name everywhere, and with like 5 different social media sites...this is gonna take awhile XD

On to music things, I'm making some great progress on my first full-fledged album, "March of the A.R. Goblins". I got two tracks pretty much done. Here are a couple previews:
First is the intro track, Goblin March
and next is the follow-up to my song Astro-Projection from the Alien.Renegade EP, called Astro-Recursion

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...