Awoo.

Get ready for a new venture (aka IPB 3.3)

bmn

Alright, well that explains a few things bugging out (such as the colon after the post count). Anyways good job--

• Smileys in signatures. It's the little things...

My life is suddenly complete

Edited by sammichbars

The moderating team link at the bottom of the page is broken. I wanted to see if any one else got a promotion along with Hogfather.

The moderating team link at the bottom of the page is broken. I wanted to see if any one else got a promotion along with Hogfather.

VizardJeffhog was also promoted.

There was a function before the update that allowed us to see who were the top posters in a thread.

But now it looks like this:

7qc7T.png

We all be anons here.

I'm guessing this one is one of those "little issues that are scheduled to be fixed", but still, I felt like pointing it our.

Given the love (and staff) shared between (most) other SEGA/Sonic sites, is there a label or title or something that could be given to members of SSMB who are admins/writers for other sites like Retro or SEGAbits?

New users can register through Twitter or Facebook, or existing users can link their accounts through their profile. This allows you to link status updates and your profile, and also to share your SSMB posts on social media.

I've run into an error clicking on the Moderating Team link down below the main forum portal. This is what came up!

Catchable fatal error: Object of class ipsRegistry could not be converted to string in /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_25/skin_stats.php on line 93 Call Stack: 0.0000 660184 1. {main}() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/index.php:0 0.0004 892544 2. ipsController::run() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/index.php:26 0.0217 7141520 3. ipsController->handleRequest() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php:65 0.0218 7160392 4. ipsCommand->execute() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php:120 0.0219 7160392 5. public_forums_extras_stats->doExecute() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php:306 0.0220 7170840 6. public_forums_extras_stats->_showLeaders() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/extras/stats.php:65 0.0447 9379032 7. skin_stats_25->group_strip() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/extras/stats.php:481 0.0448 9381568 8. skin_stats_25->__f__7157adb5d35a1f952677140f96f9ba75() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_25/skin_stats.php:56 0.0475 9413672 9. skin_stats_25->__f__0f246619f9aaae411c1b343ebc7c2704() /home/tss/board.sonicstadium.org/web/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_25/skin_stats.php:120

Uh...

Does this mean anyone with a Facebook or Twitter basically has an account here now?

Not sure how I feel about that.

It means that you can use your Twitter/Facebook account to register, and your details on those services will be used to populate part of your profile. Then you use your social media login details to log into the forum using the "Login through Twitter/FB" buttons.

In essence, it simplifies/streamlines setting up an account and also remembering your details, as you use the same login details as your social media account.

With an existing account, as mentioned you can link it to your social media account(s), either through your profile, or by logging out, logging in via Twitter/FB, and having it use your existing account. Then the same login options will become available.

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed that a "Vew New Content" tab has been added to the Community Quick Navigation Tab in Sonical. thanks for adding that! not as nice as having its own seprate button but it'll be enough for me to finally switch over...

*switches*

Oh god! everything is soo blue!! My eyes!!!

EDIT: I notice that the "View unread posts" Button on the side of topics in the view new content page is missing in Sonical. Usually I just click on that and go right where i left off on a topic. now i have to open the topic back up and then click on the unread posts button inside the topic to start were I left off, kind of a chore.

Edited by goku262002

Heh I noticed that things looked a bit different. These new features all sound pretty cool though. I'm liking it.

Given the love (and staff) shared between (most) other SEGA/Sonic sites, is there a label or title or something that could be given to members of SSMB who are admins/writers for other sites like Retro or SEGAbits?

It's definitely something that could be done for affiliate site staff involved in discussions here, though it'd take some planning as to how to manage it from both sides.

No confirmation, but it's an interesting idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

The popular star no longer renders properly.

Board theme ruined forever.

This looks like a nice upgrade, shame that it buggers up a few bits of the theme again.

A little bug with the Likes tab in profiles is that clicking "and # others" doesn't pull up a list of people who liked the post.

A little bug with the Likes tab in profiles is that clicking "and # others" doesn't pull up a list of people who liked the post.

Some issues should be fixable by clearing your cache, I think this is one of them.

The search function doesn't work oh no!!

Oh, it's not working? I thought I was doing something wrong for the search function not to work for me. sad.png

It never worked well for me. the basic search sucked horribly I would always have to use the advanced search and even then when i have everything set to the right preferences i would still not get the right result. I just rely on google now...

Search is... apparently bugged in 3.3.0.

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-36356-sphinx-search-dies-with-php-error/

We use extra server software dedicated to searching. The new forum software apparently wasn't tested fully with it. Unfortunately we can't really switch back to normal because searches will take like 30 seconds and it'll bog down the server. Will be fixed soon.