Awoo.

Ken Penders Scrapped Sonic Movie

DaddlerTheDalek

Look at this.

Some Conceptual Pictures of Penders never made Archieverse Sonic Motion Picture.

Ken Penders pitched it Dreamworks Animation in 2002 & they seemed interessted, but somehow it didn't work out. What do you think?

post-3317-0-41155700-1332445154_thumb.jp

post-3317-0-24900000-1332445193_thumb.jp

post-3317-0-66990100-1332445199_thumb.jp

post-3317-0-21377900-1332445205_thumb.jp

Edited by DaddlerTheDalek
  • Thumbs Up 2

This was pitched to Dreamworks in 2002? This is like the third Sonic film pitch I've heard about before. Penth's got some research on her hands today.

Although, looking at the artwork he apparently showed, it is absolutely unfathomable that the deal did not go through.

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, those screenshots looks really, really ugly. The fact that, if his recent art pieces of some of the Archie comic characters are anything to go by, his artistic skills barely, if even that, improved bothers me greatly.

• Thumbs Up 4

It was pitched in 2002? No wonder it didn't pass, it'd be rendered obsolete by the time of the film release with those old designs!

Oh man, look at Knuckles' mouth in that last pic... XD

Yeah, I don't exactly know the Archie universe too well, but this doesn't really look like much of a loss to me. If a real Sonic movie ever gets made, I'd prefer it to be based on the games (either animated or CG, both could potentially work really well).

Edited by mikeblastdude

Ugh..... I don't really like archie comics and entire movie based on archie cannon? No thanks. I'd rather have movie based on one of the games or completely new movie but still with game canon. Luckily it didn't pass so...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm Kind of glad this idea got denied. I don't mind the Archie characters, but I don't think they should ever be cannon.

Pretty sure Dreamworks would've prettied it up beyond recognition before they ever let anything looking close to Penders work leave their doors. I'd be more concerned about the script than anything.

• Thumbs Up 5

Pretty sure Dreamworks would've prettied it up beyond recognition before they ever let anything looking close to Penders work leave their doors. I'd be more concerned about the script than anything.

Weren't we talking about stuff relating to penders in the archie topic? Then again this is my first time seeing some of this stuff......

someone give me some eye bleach.

I don't care about the art style or anything, even if it is as ugly as fuck.

No, you don't make a movie with the Archie characters. You don't give Sonic a room, he is a drifter.

You do not make him your "Average Teenager"

AND YOU DON'T MAKE SNIVLEY A CYBORG FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Thumbs Up 6

Are you sure this was pitched by Ken Penders???

When I look at it, I see a movie pitched by MariotehPlumber.

Thats also how I imagine he'd draw...

• Thumbs Up 4

No, you don't make a movie with the Archie characters. You don't give Sonic a room, he is a drifter.

He presumably had an entire house in Secret Rings. I mean, Sonic's gotta have standards; the homeless look wouldn't do him well.

Didn't Sonic also have a house in Sonic Battle as well? (if I remember correctly, haven't played that in a while)

Who cares about home when you can run with speed of sound and get infinite amount of rings that work pretty much like money.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1