DaddlerTheDalek

Ken Penders Scrapped Sonic Movie

You know, the lot of you may hate me for this, but I actually enjoy the Archie thing, along with the Freedom Fighter Sonic. I just think it's pretty cool. Though, robotizing is completely impossible. But hey, so is a two-tailed fox flying.

I would kinda like to see an Archie Sonic movie, or one that borrows the elements from the first comic to the 50th. Though, with the screenshot (art to the side) this doesn't look all that interesting. What's Snively soing up a teddy bear for?

Dude, I don't mean to fan rage here, but why the **** does Espio have orange shoes?

They're supposed to be Green and Black.

There's all that shit on the page, and the first thing you notice is that?!

You're almost as bad as me noting that Vector's socks and belt are supposed to be yellow and his headphones blue!

You know, the lot of you may hate me for this, but I actually enjoy the Archie thing, along with the Freedom Fighter Sonic. I just think it's pretty cool. Though, robotizing is completely impossible. But hey, so is a two-tailed fox flying.

It really isn't a bad idea, just look at SaTaM, that was awesome. It's just that nobody besides Archie comics is executing it too well. The first failed attempt I heard was Rich Kuta, who was close but Sega of Japan said no, and now Ken Penders, whose artwork belong in a hobo's pissing pail...

Didn't this pitch cost Ben Hurst his movie pitch? I think that summed up my feelings.

Yep Penders pretty much screwed Ben Hurst over. One rumor is that Penders wanted to make a Knuckles Echidna movie, but he felt threated by Hurst Satam movie, so he betrayed Hurst.

Look when I found.

In the early 2000s, wind was caught of lead writer Ken Penders' alleged attempt to get an animated feature film centered around Knuckles the Echidna into development, the key studio of choice being Dreamworks SKG. His proposals were rejected (according to Penders) not out of disinterest, but due to severe legal complications regarding the copyrights to any Sonic characters developed in connection to the license by any party, which are said to essentially render the story thus far created through the intertwining roles of Japanese and American-conceived characters and concepts entirely limited to the media in which they first appeared—in this case, the Archie comic book series. (It is believed that this same snaggle is the reason for Sonic's suspiciously unnamed home planet featured in Sonic X.) To this day, it is supposed that, due to these complications, Sonic and his friends will never grace the big screen in any form not sanctioned by Sega of Japan in whatever form they choose, and the odds that elements originating from the pages of Archie, including such central elements as the Dark Legion in this case, are extremely slim due to the same set of circumstances.

In a self-published article, Mr. Penders mentioned that the film proposed would have been an animated feature, though whether the animation would have been traditional or computer-generated is unknown.

Edited by Vampfox

Didn't this pitch cost Ben Hurst his movie pitch? I think that summed up my feelings.

Yep Penders pretty much screwed Ben Hurst over. One rumor is that Penders wanted to make a Knuckles Echidna movie, but he felt threated by Hurst Satam movie, so he betrayed Hurst.

Then I heard about it (it was 2011) I was very VERY VERY upset about this...

Oh Penders. What have you done... sleep.png

There's all that shit on the page, and the first thing you notice is that?!

You're almost as bad as me noting that Vector's socks and belt are supposed to be yellow and his headphones blue!

..All I said were why are Espio's shoes orange, and you compare me to how bad I am with something else? Seriously?

Get over it, dude. It was a question. And excuse me for not commenting on al that other "shit" that was on the page, not like I had the time to disect each and every freaking thing in he image.

..All I said were why are Espio's shoes orange, and you compare me to how bad I am with something else? Seriously?

Get over it, dude. It was a question. And excuse me for not commenting on al that other "shit" that was on the page, not like I had the time to disect each and every freaking thing in he image.

It was a joke. :/