Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles

Sheff

This game is one of my favourites. It just has that special feeling. Both games are amazing on their own too. The levels are really big and so well designed. I still have loads of fun exploring the levels and looking at their beautiful scenery. A brilliant game.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indigo Rush

• SuperStingray

• lounge

• redmenace

Top Posters In This Topic

ffplay-sonic-battle.jpg

Why is it that I'm getting an image of a Gay Pride flag here? Is it just me?

I'm pretty certain Phos just owned you.
Yes he did.

Wow, looking at it close up. I can hardly believe someone was paid to make that model.
It's a dreamcast model. Of course it's going to be blocky close up. They can't make him super smooth, otherwise his animations probably wouldn't be as fluid. Despite the blockiness, it's a huge upgrade from the SA1 models.

Ok, how on earth is that smile goofy
I can understand they wanted to add a smile on the sprite to show off more detail. But I think the main problem is that Takashi Yuda or whoever designed sonic's sprite, made his muzzle bigger than his eyes. His muzzle looks too big compared to his eyes. Hence the goofiness trait. And his spines look a little too short. Knuckles sprite dreadlocks look cool because they're actually fairly long. Another problem with the sprite is that he looks too chubby. His stomach is a tiny sphere. When it should be a tad more stretched out. Also, his fists look too big. (The sonic 1/2 sprites were cool though.)

It sounds to me like you're fighting the game, you're not willing to play it correctly.
I've tried many times playing the game many ways. Going thru as fast as possible (which is the wrong way to play it), going thru carefully (which quickly loses my patience), and going thru trying different routes. I think the problem is that the game wasn't designed with the average player in mind. They designed it for the intermediate players.

Why is it that I'm getting an image of a Gay Pride flag here? Is it just me?
S'not just you. The file name says "hotlinking is gay", so.

I think the problem is that the game wasn't designed with the average player in mind. They designed it for the intermediate players.
Er...

LOL, Indigo. Me too. I think it was meant to link to an image of Sonic Heroes. Sonic Battle actually.

Edited by Badnikz

I actually like Sonic's S3&K sprite better than the alternatives. The smile gives him more character; when he didn't have it, he just looked kinda pissed. Sonic 06 had that same problem. As for the shininess, I don't mind it. It makes him look slicker.

I think he meant average in the statistical context rather than the player skill context.

LOL, Indigo. Me too. I think it was meant to link to an image of Sonic Heroes. Sonic Battle actually.

I followed the link. It was the ending pose for the Hero Story of SA2. THE BIRTH OF THE NIKE SMILE.

I followed the link. It was the ending pose for the Hero Story of SA2. THE BIRTH OF THE NIKE SMILE.

His face didn't bother me so much in that pic so much as how stubby his thumb was.

Ah yes, S3&K, definetly one of my favorite Sonic games. I used to love playing through the game co-op with my sister. I was always Sonic and she was Tails. Whenever there was a platform I couldn't reach, I'd shout "fly me!" and she'd fly me there. And if we were facing a boss and I had 0 rings, then I'd simply just dodge the boss while she attacked it. Good times...

I actually like Sonic's S3&K sprite better than the alternatives. The smile gives him more character; when he didn't have it, he just looked kinda pissed.

Agreed

Sonic 06 had that same problem.

Well, to be fair, Sonic did have a smile in 06. However, It was very small and hard to see unless you moved the camera really close to Sonic.

Well, to be fair, Sonic did have a smile in 06. However, It was very small and hard to see unless you moved the camera really close to Sonic.

He had a mouth, not a smile. He didn't have any visible emotion outside of the CG cutscenes. Edited by A Ham Sandwich

He had a mouth, not a smile. He didn't have any visible emotion outside of the CG cutscenes.

smilei.jpg

Looks like a smile to me...

A close mouthed smile, but still a smile.