Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

>Star Fox 64 gameplay = Absolutely love it

>Star Fox 64 everything else (characters, general universe, etc.) = Annoys the hell out of me

No, I'd rather not mix it with anything else. Especially fucking Metroid of all things. Seriously, Metroid? Mixing the game that's always been about a feeling of isolation with the rail shooter that prides itself in having annoying as shit teammates that never shut the fuck up? Who got this idea?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I have no idea what Fooly Cooly is, but as a recently-posted rumor it might as well see top billing alongside Metroid/Star Fox.

*Changes thread title*

If the Metroid/Fox rumor is true, I hope that the game is a decidedly tongue-in-cheek affair, parodying both series' while playing to both of their strengths; air combat with Fox and platforming and puzzle solving with Samus.

No one will explain...

Boning is sex. Coitus. That is what it is. It doesn't matter now though.

Well, I have no idea what Fooly Cooly is

It's mind-rape at its best. And I wouldn't believe that FLCL rumor because an anonymous person posted it on the FLCL IMDB page.

And hey, a rumor with some credibility behind it for once, yay!

A dutch site reports that a new Castlevania game will be made for the 3DS, called Castlevania: Mirror of Fate. The game is apparently being worked on by the producer and director of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and will be shown at E3. This could be another bullshit rumor, but Konami has grabbed domain name of “castlevania-mirroroffate.net”, giving weight to the rumor.

Another Castlevania rumor is that Lord of Shadow 2 is being made for the Wii-U.

Edited by Nintendoga

Well, I have no idea what Fooly Cooly is,

It's a manga and anime. The anime was 6 episodes long and is famed for being top quality and has a cult following. I think its dub is also cited as one of the best examples of one.

...I'm not 100% on this though, so no doubt a proper FLCL fan will correct me.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Fooly Cooly is Willing Suspension Of Disbelief: The Anime. It's the result of Gainax reaching singularity and realizing that End of Evangelion made too much sense.

The best way to describe it is to just watch it.

Another Castlevania rumor is that Lord of Shadow 2 is being made for the Wii-U.

Oh boy I can't fucking wait to play Osu!: God of War Edition on Wii U.

Well I'll be damned! Just minutes after I post about it,

New Castlevania for 3DS and Wii-U (semi)confirmed!

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate details

- Nearly a 1.5 year development cycle.

- Stars two different playable characters.

- Features co-operative play with the prospect of 3DS and Wii U being able to interact with each other.

- The game is indeed a 2D Castlevania experience.

- Like mentioned in the rumor PGN received back in 2010, the goal was to find creative ways to utilize the 3DS’ cameras and this has been achieved in part due to the very name of the game, “Mirror of Fate”.

- The forward facing camera will act as a mirror and the outward facing cameras will come into play for a new puzzle solving mechanic.

- A Wii U version of the same game was in contention when I reported the “shocker” announcement in 2011, but has since become Konami’s decision to give the system one Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 (not exclusively, however, as other platforms will too see a release, including Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita).

- More interestingly perhaps, was the idea that Mirror of Fate on Wii U would be the same game as its 3DS brother, treat the U-Control as the 3DS’ bottom screen and your TV as the 3DS’ top screen, be able to play the game across both platforms, use the Wii U’s forward facing camera as a mirror to “capture your reflection and reveal your fate”, and so on.

- Instead, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 on Wii U will be a different game which was safer for Konami, since it could 1) be an upgraded port of the Xbox 360/PS3 build and 2) still be able to retain some of its originally intended plans when it was Mirror of Fate, including some 3DS connectivity.

- The development of Wii U’s own ground-up Castlevania sku could still happen, I’m being told.

So Castlevania :Mirror of Fate is coming to the 3DS, while Castlevania Lord of Shadow 2 is coming to the Wii-U, 360, PS3, and Vita.

There is connectivity between the 3DS and Wii-U versions. Whether there will be connectivity for the PS3 and Vita is unknown

Edited by Nintendoga

Well Lord of Shadows was uh....um....

A new 2D Castlevania is a plus in my book! Sorta...

Well Lord of Shadows was uh....um....

A new 2D Castlevania is a plus in my book! Sorta...

To add fire to the FLCL rumor (oh my god i hope it's true)

the writer of the FLCL comic or, Hamjime Ueda, did mention a new FLCL project in 2012 (pic related)

tumblr_lyu1e4BR9B1qzedoqo1_500.jpg

I only got into Castlevania late and as a result have only played Portrait Of Ruin and Order Of Ecclesia, but I really enjoyed them and am particularly sorry I missed the real Metroidvanias. As a result, I don't know how to feel about Mirror Of Fate. On the one hand, I'm really glad that there's a new 2d Castlevania coming. On the other hand, it being handled by the Lords Of Shadow team worries me, because they're different developers and their rebooted continuity seems to have considerably less charm than the original. It just seems like Konami is rebooting here for the sake of a reboot and just throwing away everything and everyone that made Castlevania what it was. I guess I should probably reserve judgement until the alleged E3 reveal, though.

Not sure what to make of the camera aspect. I would imagine the outward-facing camera could be used to manifest puzzles in AR and have you solve them like that, but I've no idea what using the inward camera to reflect yourself would be for. Maybe you could scowl at the screen to harm your enemies and smile to restore health. Wow what a dumb idea.

This week's latest rumor see us building towards the E3 hype train with:

A brand new Star Wars game franchise is currently in the works at LucasArts and will be unveiled next week.

Spike TV has the scoop and plans to go public with more information next Thursday in its GTTV show.

"I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new 'Star Wars' title," teased Spike host Geoff Keighley.

"I can't wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it."

There's no word on what platforms it's coming to or when it might see release.

The brand's most recent video game outing was the underwhelming Kinect Star Wars on Xbox 360 earlier this year. BioWare's MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic launched last December to solid reviews but subscriber numbers have recently been falling.

http://www.eurogamer...eiled-next-week

Edit: This ties in with a rumor dating back to September 2011:

X-Wing and Tie Fighter dev LucasArts is hiring staff for an Aerial Combat Title.

Experience with flight sims, aerial shooters and "especially space-based shooters" is considered "a plus", according to a senior gameplay engineer job advert.

Could LucasArts be in the throes of reviving 1990's spaceship shooter series X-Wing?

Other LucasArts job posts tease an action adventure game and a first-person shooter.

There's no indication yet of what they are. A third Star Wars Battlefront game has long been lost in development purgatory, and was once in the hands of TimeSplitters studio Free Radical Design.

Earlier this year, LucasArts signed the Unreal engine for use in "multiple" titles. LucasArts boss Paul Meegan also promised to make better games than 5/10 effort The Force Unleashed 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-15-lucasarts-making-aerial-combat-title

Is Rogue Squadron to be resurrected somehow?

Edited by Patticus

God damn, I really do hope it's a space combat game, the entire genre has been practically dead since Freespace 2 came out (which is a damn shame, because Freespace 2 is practically the best space combat game ever, bar fucking none), with only barely a few games since then filling the void, the Rogue Squadron games being among them.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

And then watch Lucasarts take this piss by playing

over the ship's comms channel.

No really, I'll probably never take a Star Wars game seriously ever again after the sorry state that Star Wars Kinect turned out to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

True.

For a person who grew up on their quality stuff, it's sad how Lucasarts (d)evolved from a house of fantastic talent to a terrible publisher that turns to shit everything it touches.

Needlessly to say I don't have much hope for whatever they announce.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I'm hoping for Republic Commando 2/Imperial Commando or Battlefront 3.

And I like Forced Unleashed - both of them actually. I wouldn't mind a third part. It could finish the whole Vader being captured storyline then.

I'm Han Solo was classic Lucas trolling it was like "Haha I heard you hated Jar Jar Binks? Then eat this!".tongue.png

Seriously, I would kill for another Battlefront, it would need some serious modernizing though.smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought I'm Han Solo was hilarious. I don't get some people's problems with it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm hoping for Republic Commando 2/Imperial Commando or Battlefront 3.

Battlefront 3 was in development, but got cancelled. Republic Commando 2 would be great to see, or Imperial Commando if they really wanna get my attention, but that's not exactly a space-based shooter so I don't have any hope for it.

Battlefront 3 and the Getaway 3 are probably two games that I was really disappointed in being cancelled those and True Crime: Hong Kong! sleep.png