Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

Battlefront 3 was cancelled because Pandemic went out of business, as far as I remember. I still have hope it could be revived.

Don't know where you're getting that it'll be a space-shooter from, but I just saw this is supposed to be a new franchise, so my wishes are moot anyway. Too bad really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Battlefront 3 was cancelled because Pandemic went out of business, as far as I remember. I still have hope it could be revived.

It was revived, by Free Radical Design, it was in working order and evidently had some interesting things going on, but then it was squashed by the LucasArts suits and their nasty lawyer. Poor David Doak. sad.png

Don't know where you're getting that it'll be a space-shooter from

A rumor from last year:

X-Wing and Tie Fighter dev LucasArts is hiring staff for an Aerial Combat Title.

Experience with flight sims, aerial shooters and "especially space-based shooters" is considered "a plus", according to a senior gameplay engineer job advert.

Could LucasArts be in the throes of reviving 1990's spaceship shooter series X-Wing?

Other LucasArts job posts tease an action adventure game and a first-person shooter.

There's no indication yet of what they are. A third Star Wars Battlefront game has long been lost in development purgatory, and was once in the hands of TimeSplitters studio Free Radical Design.

Earlier this year, LucasArts signed the Unreal engine for use in "multiple" titles. LucasArts boss Paul Meegan also promised to make better games than 5/10 effort The Force Unleashed 2.

http://www.eurogamer...al-combat-title

Probably should have posted this with the other article. D'oh! Edited it in now though.

Edited by Patticus

Ok. Totally forgot about that.

I also see something about an FPS, so I guess my hopes for Imperial Commando aren't completely squashed. That could be considered a new franchise, right? Right? Please?

Sad about Battlefront 3,. Still too stubborn to let it go, though

Edited by MarcelloF

I also see something about an FPS, so I guess my hopes for Imperial Commando aren't completely squashed. That could be considered a new franchise, right? Right? Please?

Yeah that would probably count, it'd certainly be something I'd get excited about, but I'm thinking they're more likely to do something along the lines of reviving a "classic" (with plenty of good feeling from the fan community at large) like X-Wing or TIE Fighter.

Sad about Battlefront 3,. Still too stubborn to let it go, though

For all we know it could be a reboot of Battlefront under a new moniker.

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Smash Bros topic, but read up here: http://nsider2.com/f...pic=596270&st=0

Basically, someone tweeted Sakurai saying to remember to include Geno, Megaman and Isaac, to which Sakurai replied "2 out of 3", but deleted the tweet after about 30 minutes.

Obviously, you should be cautious of this rumor, but if it is true, I'd bet on Megaman and Isaac being the two.

Edited by MarcelloF

Star _Wars game was officially annnounced. It's not Imperial Commando. Or Battlefront 3. Or any of that. It's Star Wars 1313.

Tonight LucasArts debuted the new Star Wars: 1313, a third-person action adventure game starring a bounty hunter stalking targets on the capital of the Republic, Coruscant. Billed as a "mature" Star Wars title, 1313 takes you deep into the seedy underworld of a densely populated planet, giving you access to an array of "exotic weaponry" in your quest to take down targets and "uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy."

Gameplay apparently involves a lot of cover-based shooting, as well as platforming as you battle your way through the dangerous and titular Level 1313. LucasArts is also bringing in a wide-range of talent for the project, utilizing the many arms of the Lucasfilm business. Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound and Lucasfilm Animation will all be contributing.

For more on Star Wars: 1313, you can check out our preview coming out of next week's E3.

Edited by MarcelloF

Nope. More like Prey 2: Coruscant Edition.

Also, let's give it its own topic, as it's no longer just a rumor.

Oh, so blatantly fake. It's an obvious shop of the prototype game pad, they didn't even change the circle pads to sticks!

Oh, so blatantly fake. It's an obvious shop of the prototype game pad, they didn't even change the circle pads to sticks!

It is definitely the updated GamePad: note the blue ring around the home button, the position of the Wii U logo and the NFC icon, and the fact that you can't really see the thumb pads/sticks as there are thumbs in the way...

It can't possibly be real, but I still want...

It is definitely the updated GamePad: note the blue ring around the home button, the position of the Wii U logo and the NFC icon, and the fact that you can't really see the thumb pads/sticks as there are thumbs in the way...

It can't possibly be real, but I still want...

Those are probably shopped, I bet. The D-Pad is too far to the left, as well, I think, to be the real gamepad.

The Metroid Prime 4 thing is undoubtedly fake. Corruption was the game that finished up the trilogy, with you destroying the source of Phazon once and for all. Unless they plan to take the Megaman X6 approach, which I seriously doubt, it won't happen.

This'll be solved in just 2 hours, but the official German Mass Effect Facebook page says to check out the Nintendo conference, so it looks like Mass Effect is coming to Wii U.

https://www.facebook...250343001733461

Let's hope the entire trilogy is available to play on the Wii U. It'd be a shame for Wii U fans to get the shaft just like PS3 owners did.

Mass Effect 1 plays like shit and has not aged well (early UE3 game lol), would require a lot of work to fix. The story/characters and a couple choices are all that's needed.

I struggled with the gameplay to beat it once and haven't touched it ever since. 2 and 3, while not the shining apex of the 3rd person shooting genre, can be actually fun to play.

Microsoft still somehow owns the rights to 1, so Wii U would only get 2 and 3. They'll just provide that interactive comic thing in order to make decisions from 1.

StarFox United Rumor

First let me tell a little about myself to save questions.

Yes I do work for retro studios.

No I don't work on the games I do administrative work and I'm not actually supposed to see the games, but we lunch together and sometimes they show me something thats cool that they are proud of. It helps that I am friends with the people that work on it ofcourse.

The new starfox focuses on flying like in starfox 64.

there are difficulty modes but not like in previous versions. You have to pick a difficulty at the beginning.

The more difficult you pick the faster you fly through the levels. So it will be more difficult to avoid hitting walls. And enemies deal more damage.

I did not see falco. And I did not see slippy either. It worried me a bit, but I didn't see krystal either.

oops forgot my tripcode

The solar system is displayed similar to starfox 64 but there is a twist. A major twist

Everytime you complete a level and move onto the next the planets/levels orbit around the sun (which I assume is a level but they didn't show me and I didn't ask about it)

So when you fly from corneria to an asteroid field, corneria and all the levels orbit in the 2 seconds it takes you to move to the next level.

What this does is it makes it very difficult to see a path to the final level. It is very hard (atleast imo) to predict what your options are until halfway through the levels.

Finally you can use the upad or the pro-controller to play the game

With the U-pad you use the gyrometer to control the craft so if you tilt right it will go right. If you have the upad turned vertically all the way you stand vertically.

You do a barrel-roll with the L or R key. I believe you shoot with the trigger buttons or one of the regular buttons (A I believe). And you shoot a bomb with the regular buttons (B).

You can boost and brake with the x and y.

In the options you can set the keys to your liking if you want to change them around, you also choose there which controller you are using.

If you use the U-pad you can choose if you want the messages of your teammates show up on the tv or on your controller. And thats where the status of your teammembers is as well.

lastly I'll stick around for a while in this thread to answer some questions that I can answer.

I'm very paranoid about getting caught

I have only seen very few things but not a landmaster level or walking if that is what you are hinting at. It could very well be that they are in the game but I haven't seen it.

Fox now wears a fedora and is less furry, still looks stupid though.

Supposed "pics" in the spoilers.

1339270424094.jpg

1339270507415.jpg

Damn these gamers, messing with my feelings like this. So anywho, what do you think.

This guy apparently was wrong before about a new Zelda game, but he was right about Sony's All Stars. My brain is telling me to not be so gullible, but it's....Starfox.

But yeah, what do you guys think, Fake or Real, or I WANT A STARFOX?

Seen those pics already. So blatantly fake.

Seriously, when photos have really shitty quality and blurriness, it's a huge red flag. I don't know why the hell hoaxers think it makes them look authentic, it really doesn't.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Here's a pic from the newest ONM found on another forum:

FU.png

(I reuploaded this because the original was flipped)

People were speculating it's F-Zero. Apparently there was a big reveal in the issue that was removed, causing a week delay, but this was still in. But I'm not sure. They said it say's "Huge Reveal" on the front, but assumed it meant NSMB2.

Edited by MarcelloF