Awoo.

Crossovers. What else?

Lux Klonoa

An Eggman/Star Fox crossover, perhaps?

It'd be cool to have Eggman flying around in an aircraft of his own design, and if the player chooses Eggman, he can choose whether to ally with Star Fox or Star Wolf.

Random thought... If somebody threw a Koopa Shell through green hill... would it go all the way through a shuttle loop?

Super Klonoa, I really think that the comparisons you made between the Sonic and Klonoa franchises are a little...well, let's just say you're grasping at straws with most of them.

A Mario and Sonic platformer crosser sounds really iffy to me. Both characters hail from two different game series which are drastically different- if you were to combine the most important elements from each franchise, then you would probably have a game that is impossible for both characters to function in as they normally would. It just seems like they're too different to work together properly.

An RPG sounds a lot more feasible but it would still never happen.

If somebody threw a Koopa Shell through green hill... would it go all the way through a shuttle loop?
They'd program it to.

Super Klonoa, I really think that the comparisons you made between the Sonic and Klonoa franchises are a little...well, let's just say you're grasping at straws with most of them.

I was expecting someone to disagree with me on my comparison list. Hm...

But...truthfully, I really don't feel like going through another argument about this, as I already had been through several in the past. And I don't really want to get people upset as I regretfully did at a certain place, either. So let me just say this.

Yes, I know that nothing is original, that the comparisons I've listed have been done by others time and again. But unless Hideo Yoshizawa/Namco says otherwise, I really do believe that Namco really was looking at Sonic for inspiration to the Klonoa franchise, and vice versa for SEGA.

Actually, I do want Namco to say whether they really were looking at Sonic or not, as I've asked them myself on the Klonoa IGN blog. So we'll see if I'm proven wrong or not.

One thing, though: Unless someone points it out for me, Sonic and Klonoa are the only furry heroes I know that are one with the wind. There's no one else I could think of besides these two.

Anyway, again, I ask. What else do you want to see Sonic crossover with?

No-one. EVER.

The Sonic world as it stands has infinite scope for expansion and development on its own terms; and I'd like to see THAT rather than "Sonic goes to Hyrule".

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

Well, a Sonic/Mega Man crossover game might work, since the two characters are both blue third party characters who battle evil scientists. And I'd like Sonic to cross over with Kirby one day, although that's not as likely. So that's all I can think of right now.

As some others have said, I think that an RPG would work well for a Mario/Sonic crossover, as it wouldn't have as much of a problem with different gameplay styles as a platformer. If the atmosphere is that much of a problem, they could use places from the Sonic universe that are more Mario-styled (e.g. Sonic 1-3K stuff) for Sonic's world.

Even better, a Smash Bros. RPG with all of the characters from Brawl, including Sonic, but that's never going to happen.

No-one. EVER.

The Sonic world as it stands has infinite scope for expansion and development on its own terms; and I'd like to see THAT rather than "Sonic goes to Hyrule".

Ditto.

One of the problems with canon crossovers is that it alters the characters or plot to become tied in someway to the other series.

One of the problems with canon crossovers is that it alters the characters or plot to become tied in someway to the other series.

Which is why they're limiting it to minigames in Mario and Sonic. HELLO!!! :P I don't see why people complain about a minigame crossover...

Edited by Indigo Rush

I don't see why it has to be canon. I mean, look at Smash Bros, or every Capcom crossover ever...

Sonic and Mario/Mega Man? YES PLZ THANKS. They can work it somehow.

Edited by Soma Cruz

Kinda sick of the Mario/Sonic crossovers. It's almost feels like its just being done for nostalgics of the console wars. I'd kinda be interested in seeing a Sonic/Klonoa crossover

...buuut I'm not too keen on the Klonoa characters going super and all that. Frankly I think maybe they should give the chaos emeralds a break altogether.

Except Guntz is more like Shadow than Knuckles and both carry guns, plus both have dark and hateful personalies to the hero. So they'd most relate in being rivals to Sonic and Kolona.

Back on topic, Street Fighter vs. Sonic FTW!

Staff Edit: I've removed your giant quote. You don't really need to quote the OP when responding to their topic since that's assumed already, and if you are responding to a specific part you still don't have to quote everything because it makes it look messy (especially for 2 sentences of reply D:) - Pelly

"... I don't let Mario appear in just any kind of game. Mario could not appear in Zelda games. They are two distinct game worlds."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, 1998

Next Generation magazine, Volume 4 number 46

Well that's not very reassuring of the possibility of a crossover. Then again, that was said in 1988. Things are different now.

But the more I think about it, the more I would like to see an RPG more than a platformer...but aside from Kingdom hearts, I can't really think of that many RPG crossovers.

There's Cross Edge and Namco x Capcom. Since RPGs force one particular gameplay style - and build characters' abilities surrounding the template in the form of attacks, etc. - it's one of the easiest genres to pull off for a crossover.

EDIT: Whoops

Edited by Jake

Kinda sick of the Mario/Sonic crossovers. It's almost feels like its just being done for nostalgics of the console wars. I'd kinda be interested in seeing a Sonic/Klonoa crossover

...buuut I'm not too keen on the Klonoa characters going super and all that. Frankly I think maybe they should give the chaos emeralds a break altogether.

Getting sick of the final battle with Super/Darkspine/Excalibur/whatever Sonic cliche, eh? Heh, I understand. But that's like saying Nintendo should get rid of the old "Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser" plot, really, when they've been using it since the first Mario game... I think the cliche should stay, but that's just me.

As for Super Klonoa, I came up with the idea (but I'm not the first person to come up with it, though) because I believe Namco will eventually adapt it as their own like some of the similarities I've listed...and simply because I've grown obsessed with it. >_>; Seriously, a golden yellow spiky Klonoa is awesome to me...but obviously unoriginal to some. But then again, what is?

Except Guntz is more like Shadow than Knuckles and both carry guns, plus both have dark and hateful personalies to the hero. So they'd most relate in being rivals to Sonic and Kolona.]

I've always seen him as Knuckles-like, but yeah, he relates to Shadow as well, I guess. Guntz even has a tragic past as well from what I've heard.

• Bad Quality Post 1

• 4 months later...

Alright, since I'm allowed to do this as long as it isn't spam, I'm bringing this back from the dead...especially since the Winter Olympics game was just released... People can still post their opinions on crossovers here. Though, there's something I want to ask specifically about a Sonic/Klonoa crossover...but this first:

In the June issue of Nintendo Power, they interviewed Klonoa's producer, Hideo Yoshizawa, on Klonoa in general. At the end of it, they stated that he was working on a top-secret project, one "that promises to be a radical departure from anything he's ever done before."

It's doubtful at this point, but...what if this project is a crossover with Sonic? This is what I want to ask about us. Considering that Klonoa still is unknown to most of us, how will we, the Sonic fanbase, react to this? Will we complain about it? ...or what? I'm quite curious...

Sonic's crossover status is just fine with me right now. I mean, who would've ever believed that Sonic and Mario would come together in THREE different games. That and the Sega All-Stars games are just fine with me.

For who Sonic would actually work with, I think there's gotta be a connection on some level. Klonoa has that, but... I've never played a Klonoa game, but from what I understand maybe Klonoa is too much like Sonic? I mean would it function more like a crossover, or would Klonoa essentially become the game's new furry friend? That might be an issue. I've wondered in the past if maybe Sega would cross some older Sonic Team franchises into the games one day, like Nights for example. I know Nights has made cameos in Sonic games, just not as the actual character. Designs from both games would complement each other nicely. And another idea I just had was Ristar. When they were creating Shadow the Hedgehog, why didn't they look back to Ristar's alien designs for some inspiration? Greedy and his little orb minions (or at least something like them) would've been much more appealing than Black Doom. The Werehog seems Ristar influenced. Of course these all go together, since they're all Sonic Team games.

Also, and I'm not suggesting they do this, but I always thought Spider-Man and Sonic have similar personalities. This wouldn't work today because Spidey's games are all movie games, but the two could bounce some great lines off each other. I think any character like Spidey would make a good teammate. But who in gaming is like Spidey?

I highly doubt that it's a Klonoa/Sonic crossover. Though the idea would be OK by me, after looking at a video of the first one, it reminds me of Tombi more than anything else...

When it comes to crossovers I really want to see SEGA vs Capcom. A fighting game. But that's not really OSnic specific so....

AND as other people have said, a Mario/Sonic RPG.

Now, before you say "The universes are too different and wouldn't mesh." Look at Sonic and Mario at the Olympics.

The two groups of minor characters. (i.e. Toads/Flickys etc) look fine next to each other.

and Mario looks fine in GHZ (Brawl).

WHen I think of potential for a crossover like that I htink of the character interaction. Like, what would Sonic and Mario think of each other. Would Bowser and Eggman become allies or rivals? Just what would each character think of another.

In an RPG you don't need to worry about the things you have to in platforming (logically Sonic should outdo Mario in every way). And the idea of being able to mix and match a group of Mario/Sonic characters really appeals to me.

It's doubtful at this point, but...what if this project is a crossover with Sonic?
Uuh. Is there any reason at all to believe this is even on the table? Right now it sounds about as likely as the moon falling from the sky, landing on the Eiffel Tower, and releasing a hoard of giant mutant spiders. Wearing sombreros.

If by some bizarre twist it does happen, I figure my first response would be "...why?". Not to offend, but even as far as Sonic's fallen, I don't see him teaming up with a guy who's only remembered by a dozen or so people. And if they're trying to boost Klonoa's popularity, riding alongside gaming's most hated mascot character doesn't seem like a great way to do it.

I just don't see the point of it...

Nintendo :

Nintendo vs Namco sort of happened when Mario met Pacman n' co. in the Mario Kart Arcade, and Link being in Soul Calibur.

Then there was Hudson vs Nintendo when Wario went up against Bomberman in the Wario Blast game for the ol' GameBoy..

Konami had their turn in Smash Bros Brawl with Snake (I can't think of any other unique Konami characters apart from the Castlevania crew)

Did Nintendo vs Capcom ever happen?

Capcom :

Gee whiz, who haven't they Vs'd?

Marvel Comics vs Capcom (Marvel Super Heroes [Anita hidden character] Xmen [Gouki hidden], Xmen vs Street Fighter, MSH vs Street Figher, Marvel vs Capcom, M vs C 2)

Namco vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK (2 Card games, 4 fighting?) Capcom vs Tatsunoko, I'm sure there are a lot of other times where a character has shown up elsewhere (Sakura in Rivals Schools, Chun Li in Breath of Fire..)

Square :

Square vs Nintendo.. wasn't there a sports game with Final Fantasy vs Mario?

Square vs Disney.. ahh

Others :

Mortal Kombat vs DC, Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro Dragon ..

I'm going to agree with a few others here and say a proper Mario vs Sonic game would suit me just fine.

Ratchet and Clank would be my number one, if only because they're incredibly goofy and ultra destructive. The humor could benefit the presense of the Sonic characters, more particularly Sonic who would no doubt be as snarky and impulsive as Ratchet, while the hyperactive destruction would benefit other destructive Sonic all stars such as Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman.

Megaman would be super ideal. I'd almost want to say I'd love to see the Legends variant moreso than anything, mainly because the bad guys in there were comedic and silly - and I could see Eggman fitting in nicely with them. This could just be me wishing to have a Megaman Legends 3 though talking xD.

If not his classic design and the badguys would all lend themselves nicely with eachother. It is just a matter of gameplay styles...but who is to say then perhaps that there wouldn't be a way to mesh the two together? Maybe have a character switching ability (on the fly or something). Or really if they were to choose the ZX model, give Sonic some biometal rofl. I dunno, but I'd like to see a Sonic and Megaman game.

If not that, then SEGA VS CAPCOM PLEASE.

Is it only me here who views this cross-over-ing trend with the same kind of crotchety, knee-jerk disgust as a racist Iwo Jima veteran views all the sushi bars that have sprung up in the downtown precincts of his own little slice of retirement Americana?

The demobilized console warrior in me still itches to assemble a posse of Mega Drive players and beat up kids who like Mario characters, not syncretise with them in crossed-over miscegenation games.

I fought long and hard to keep that fat Italian out of our video games consoles! *Descends into incoherant ramble about mushroom-chomping wops and how young people these days ain't got no respect*