Awoo.

Crossovers. What else?

Lux Klonoa

For who Sonic would actually work with, I think there's gotta be a connection on some level. Klonoa has that, but... I've never played a Klonoa game, but from what I understand maybe Klonoa is too much like Sonic? I mean would it function more like a crossover, or would Klonoa essentially become the game's new furry friend? That might be an issue.

That's pretty much like saying Sonic is too much like DBZ or Megaman, when Sonic himself has his diffrences. And just like Sonic, Klonoa has some differences as well. Sonic runs while Klonoa relies on his Wind Ring, and etc.

And even if Super Klonoa becomes real, he can function differently than Super Sonic...and can possibly have a bigger role than S. Sonic's limited final boss role these days.

Uuh. Is there any reason at all to believe this is even on the table? Right now it sounds about as likely as the moon falling from the sky, landing on the Eiffel Tower, and releasing a hoard of giant mutant spiders. Wearing sombreros.

If by some bizarre twist it does happen, I figure my first response would be "...why?". Not to offend, but even as far as Sonic's fallen, I don't see him teaming up with a guy who's only remembered by a dozen or so people. And if they're trying to boost Klonoa's popularity, riding alongside gaming's most hated mascot character doesn't seem like a great way to do it.

I just don't see the point of it...

It's just a what-if and a hypothetical question. It's all I'm asking.

But...gaming's most hated character? Somehow, I extremely doubt that... Just because some Internet sites and a few forums hate him to the bone does not automatically mean he is.

If Sonic is truly the most-hated...then, uh, we wouldn't be here discussing about Sonic now. Nor would Unleashed sell 2.4 million copies across all consoles...

A crossover with Klonoa wouldn't exactly hurt both characters, really. More like strengthen both franchises in this day and age of shooters, sports titles, etc., if the crossover's brilliantly done, especially for Klonoa. And its partly why I want a crossover: to get Klonoa popular.

Besides, you can tell in the Wiimake of the first Klonoa game alone that they also want him to be popular, going as far as to give it English voice acting. Should be proof enough, really.

give Sonic some biometal rofl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300327400207&Category=348&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

Besides, you can tell in the Wiimake of the first Klonoa game alone that they also want him to be popular, going as far as to give it English voice acting. Should be proof enough, really.

Since Klonoa's last game was in.. 2002? (Huh, I just remembered he made an appearance in Point Blank 2) I don't think Namco will be reviving him anytime soon. A shame too, cus Door to Phantomile was excellent and one of the very few reasons to own a PSX.

They need to remake the RPG in english for the DS :D

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Since Klonoa's last game was in.. 2002? (Huh, I just remembered he made an appearance in Point Blank 2) I don't think Namco will be reviving him anytime soon. A shame too, cus Door to Phantomile was excellent and one of the very few reasons to own a PSX.

...uh? Unless I read that wrong, Namco has already revived him with the Wiimake this year. True, it bombed in sales, but it still counts as a revival, if not a recent one.

If you're talking about Klonoa's future, well, I dunno... The entire NP interview sounded like they've got plans for him, and I don't mean just the top-secret project either.

Ya know, I just had a thought... They could mix the next storybook game with a crossover...

Sonic and the Curse of Dracula! Sonic is sucked into the past, 1476 to be exact, by Sypha Belnades to aid Trevor Belmont and co. in their quest to defeat Dracula, re-telling the events of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Sonic and Trevor become friends, and they defeat the evil count...

But it doesn't end there! When Sonic gets back to his time, some time later, Eggman is up to no good again, he has Dracula's old minions under his control, and he has been harrasing one Soma Cruz, Dracula's reincarnation, and is trying to get his power. And people all over the world are acting strange! Sonic and Soma team up to stop Eggman and save the world. Then it turns out what's causing people to act strange is Dracula's Curse, which Sonic unwittingly contracted and began spreading in the present, as part of Dracula's plan to ensure that humanity tears itself apart. Eggman knows this, and intends to take over in the chaos, break the curse, and effectively paint himself as a savior. Sonic, Soma and their friends manage to stop him, break the curse, and save the world. THE END.

Eh, it's a strange little idea I came up with. I can see the first part being a remake of Dracula's Curse, and the latter being a Metroidvania with Portrait of Ruin's partner system, say, Sonic and Soma, Julius and Blaze, Yoko and Tails, Hammer and Knuckles, Alucard and Shadow...

Edited by The Sniper
  • Thumbs Up 1

While a proper Mario and Sonic team up ( or who knows, maybe something competitive, aside from sports ) will always be my ideal crossover, I wouldn't mind seeing another crossover.

Banjo-Kazooie comes to mind for me, but I have difficulty envisionving a game world where Sonic can use his speed, and the Bear and bird can use their more complicated moveset.

Either way, I'd hope Rareware could poke some slightly 4th-wall breaking fun at Sonic's recent outings of questionable quality.

That and an Eggman Gruntilda partnership may be amusing. Aside from Magic and Technology mixing, the two characters are quite humorous.

I once thought of a giant platformer game featuring Mario, Sonic, Rayman, Sparkster, Kirby, Klonoa, Viewtiful Joe, Spyro, Ristar, Banjo/Kazooie, Megaman, Bomberman, NiGHTS and Crash Bandicoot all at once. Each character went through billions of levels, each themed around one of the mentioned character's franchises, and each character playing somewhat different, yet also the same. Also to note that everybody had alternate routes they could go through with their own special abilities, and have intertwining storylines. Character set-up goes like this:

Mario - the ordinary platformer, require power-ups for health and such (ie: mushroom, Fireflower, Starman, Yoshi)

Sonic - fast, pinball mechanics via rolling

Sparkster - fast air-combat stuff (thanks to rocketpack)

Kirby - simple platforming, floating and using other's powers

Ristar - grabbing/using objects in a more combat-based fashion, stretchy arms

Klonoa - grabbing/using objects in a more puzzle-based fashion

Rayman - an equal mix of insane combat, puzzles, and platforming, strategy, and exploration, rocket fists

Crash - lots of straight-forward combat, extreme platforming, Spin thingy move

Viewtiful Joe - movie FX powers, straight-forward intense combat

Spyro - short-span flying, fire and ice and other elemental breathing and stuff

Megaman - run & gun shoot-em-up stuff

Bomberman - more strategic weapon-using, exploration, bombslol

NiGHTS - free-flying, maze-like puzzles

Banjo/Kazooie - collect-a-thons, creating vehicles, using eachother as weaponry

That, and it's all 2.5D. It's like a platformer sampler, or something. Except you have 20 to 30 levels to each character.

Ya know, I just had a thought... They could mix the next storybook game with a crossover...

Sonic and the Curse of Dracula! Sonic is sucked into the past, 1476 to be exact, by Sypha Belnades to aid Trevor Belmont and co. in their quest to defeat Dracula, re-telling the events of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Sonic and Trevor become friends, and they defeat the evil count...

There you have it, the next Sonic story book game.

Sparkster - fast air-combat stuff (thanks to rocketpack)

It's a shame Sparkster is no longer around, the rocket knight games were awesome and beautiful to look at, even at todays standards. He was perfect for Brawl, he already had all his move sets in his second game.

I don't see much point in a Klonoa crossover, its not an iconic franchise and Klonoa himself looks like a bad Sonic fancharacter anyway. I don't think anything could even be achieved with a crossover, the franchises don't exactly have alot to offer eachother. I'd love a 'battle royale' of sorts in a Sonic, Mario, Megaman and Pacman crossover, 4 gaming giants pitting it out against eachother.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's a shame Sparkster is no longer around, the rocket knight games were awesome and beautiful to look at, even at todays standards. He was perfect for Brawl, he already had all his move sets in his second game.

Technically he has a

^_^;; I guess word hasn't gotten around much.^^;;

I don't see much point in a Klonoa crossover, its not an iconic franchise and Klonoa himself looks like a bad Sonic fancharacter anyway. I don't think anything could even be achieved with a crossover, the franchises don't exactly have alot to offer eachother.

It would've been an iconic franchise, had Namco even bothered to advertise it in the first place. 'Cause even though it could be called Namco's "Sonic" (and it's not exactly a bad thing, actually), the gameplay in each entry has consistently won the hearts of critics everywhere.

And what's exactly wrong with him looking like a Sonic character? The unoriginality thing, I'm guessing? 'Cause you know, if its that...I kinda find it ironic that the majority of Sonic fans at least like Super Sonic, when he himself is unoriginal, inspired by DBZ and all... No offense, really.

Besides, I know a lot of Sonic fans who are attracted to Klonoa simply because he looks like a Sonic character, including this one artist I know who can't stop drawing both Sonic and Klonoa together...much like me and my fics. Indeed, we're that attracted to him...and as I've said on the IGN blog, the day Klonoa stops looking like a Sonic character will be the day that I'd stop being a fan of him.

It's all I'm saying...and it's all I want. Give me a crossover between the two characters and my life shall be complete. =)

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically he has a

^_^;; I guess word hasn't gotten around much.^^;;

He's back! Thanks for the link :) Wow, must be a huge fanbase out there or something, whoever they are, thank you :)

Maybe there's hope for a new Klonoa (if Namco decide to stop making Tekken games)

I kinda find it ironic that the majority of Sonic fans at least like Super Sonic, when he himself is unoriginal, inspired by DBZ and all... No offense, really.

None taken, but no one would've said that 17 years ago when no one knew Dragon Ball Z existed.

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Super Sonic wasn't inspired by a Dragon Ball Z, it was originally a PARODY of it (much like Death Egg =P), hence the cheesy music, it wasn't until Sonic and Knuckles 2 games later it became a serious thing. And even if Klonoa does have exceptional gameplay its still a huge step down to go from teaming up with the king of videogames (Mario lawl) to crossover with a franchise only a small number of people are even aware of.

Only the Japanese knew DBZ existed back then. That's why it was considered a "joke ability" to them. Americans didn't really get it (that is, unless you read the mangas and stuff) and they took it more seriously and thought it to be an awesome little add-on.

And I'm sorry... got a little off-topic. ^^;

• 1 month later...

This may be a little out there, but I would like to see a crossover between Sonic and Metal Gear Solid. That would be very cool, sure it may implie the return of guns to a Sonic game, but I was ok with it in Shadow, and actually thought it was a fun gameplay mechanic.

So , yeah, that's it. Will someone make it? PLEASE??? It would be the most badass game ever. Metal Gear Hedgehog! DUN-DUN-DUN!

---

What was that noise?

!

Hmm.. I'd like to see One Piece with Sonic xD. Not as a game, but some pictures atöeast.

I can see a picture of Tails flying a plane/the Tornado while Usopp is on the back shooting down some Badniks, or Knuckles and Zoro fighting or leaning against a tree sleeping, or Vector and Franky posing together, or Rouge and Nami seeing some rare jewels and their eyes changing to money signs (Berry/Dollars), Tails,Frankie and Usopp building a machine together and more stuff.

Lol, I've been wanting to post this for a while but I kept forgetting xD

I want to see Sonic do a crossover with Transformers Animated. I've done RPs of things like Soundwave getting Chaos Emeralds and Metal Sonic getting powered up by an AllSpark fragment. I've considered going back to my fanfic and adding a plot twist involving Sonic being revealed as Techno-Organic, then discovering that the Chaos Emeralds, Master Emerald, and AllSpark were once a single entity that was split and scattered to keep it from Unicron. Yeah, it was crazy, but I think such a crossover could work.

I'm not sure if a platformer would work, but I think Alphadream could make a great Mario & Sonic crossover RPG. Only if it were in the exact same style of the M&L games, though, a serious plot for it would be a total waste of the opportunity. Just make it so Robotnik and Bowser team up and start sticking the Toads in badniks or something. I'd imagine they'd make fun of each other a lot for being completely unable to take down a plumber/hedgehog.

Mario could get his hammer, Sonic could roll through small holes, Mario could swim, Sonic could carry Mario while running through loops, Mario could throw fireballs, Sonic could make little tornados, etc. I guess there could be a world-switching gimmick, too, but stuff like Shadow, Station Square, what have you probably wouldn't fit.

Something I've been thinking about with this idea is how Mario and Sonic would interact. It wouldn't really work if Sonic was able to speak and Mario was kept to random noises and expressions. Maybe it could be old Sonic, so they wouldn't really have to worry about that. They could have Luigi and Tails be important NPCs for any story-related events, I guess.

Edited by Bobinator

Definitely would like to see a M&S platformer and/or RPG. The platformer would probably work by M&S interacting with each other between levels or having both play the each others worlds. A Paper M&S RPG would definitely be a good choice and style for a crossover (would be interesting to see a Paper Green Hill).

Other ideas I have in mind would be a Sonic based FF with KH style gameplay, Sonic and Megaman, Sonic and Kirby, Sonic in MGS, Sonic in RE, Sonic Katamari Damacy, and Sonic and Sly Cooper.