Awoo.

Cartoon Planet Returns!

AdventChild

Considering that all I remember Disney Channel having beyond the teenybopper crap was Pepper Ann, Recess, Kim Possible, House of Mouse, and reruns of old school Disney shorts; I don't think it's that big of a deal that they're not gonna do one.. even if those shows were all pretty good.

Pretty good? Recess was the shit man.

Back to Cartoon Planet. I never thought I'd be wanting Cartoon Network so bad... I mean really, every time something good happens on TV, I for some reason or another can't watch it. Every goddamn time.

I mean really, every time something good happens on TV, I for some reason or another can't watch it. Every goddamn time.

Wow. Life can really be a bitch sometimes can't it?

But they also had Proud Family

I thought it was annoying back then. My opinion may be different now.

Jake Long

I remembered this one and then forgot it because it wasn't very memorable. =p

Lilo and Stitch and That's so Raven.

The former ran into the ground an amazing movie, and the latter was horrid.

I intentionally didn't include those because the only ones I found awesome were the ones I mentioned. =p Also, Phineas and Ferb is "eh" at it's best moments to me.

Meanwhile, I'm so glad The 90s Are All That and the HUB both exist, and that Cartoon Planet is making it's triumphant return. It's really bringing back to a time where humor was a bit more absurd and a looot cheekier; where shows had jokes, art styles, and settings that almost all audiences could appreciate. Not that some shows don't do that nowadays (there are a good bit that do), but this is definitely a breath of fresh air, after the mid-to-late 2000s.

Edited by Azukara

Did anyone else read this at captain planet.(No? oh....then it's just me)

Really though this is great! I hope this means no more of that new crap(With the exception of Adventure time, Regular show, and Gumball). That will make me explode with happiness!

There is other shows except Gumball, ADVENTURE TIME & Regular show?

Joking aside, that's good news for us the viewers. Now if they launch new seasons of Courage, PPG and Dexter's lab, my brain will explode with AAAAWESOME-NESS.

There is other shows except Gumball, ADVENTURE TIME & Regular show?

Well, they (and Thundercats) are the only amazing shows I know of that's new and on CN right now, so I can understand why they keep on being mentioned.

Edited by Azukara

But they also had Proud Family, Jake Long, Lilo and Stitch, and That's so Raven. But like I said before, highly unlikely Disney is gonna jump on the bandwagon. Oh well, at least Phineas and Ferb is good.

What? What? What?

... The fact you don't remember any of the Disney Afternoon shows disheartens me.

Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Bonkers, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles (freakin' Gargoyles!), Goof Troop, Chip and Dale, Tale Spin, Hercules.

Edit: Forgot Mighty Ducks

Disney has more than just the shows you talked about, and many of them barely count as Nostalgic at this point, except for preteens.

But anyways, Disney is starting to do this too... only they're releasing much of their old stuff on youtube. Of course, none of their "old stuff" is old.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

I may be wrong, but..doesn't Adult Swim begin at 9 PM on Cartoon Network? So then, we'd only be getting one hour of classic cartoons every seven days. That is, again, unless I'm wrong here about something. I seriously can't wait for this though, definitely will be tuning in this Friday!

I may be wrong, but..doesn't Adult Swim begin at 9 PM on Cartoon Network? So then, we'd only be getting one hour of classic cartoons every seven days. That is, again, unless I'm wrong here about something. I seriously can't wait for this though, definitely will be tuning in this Friday!

Yeah, Adult Swim took that spot last year, and it hasn't benefited them in any way possible. Really, it's a waste of good cartoon space and has stolen a lot of good air time for Fridays. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that change was what doomed the Night of Action.

Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Bonkers, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles (freakin' Gargoyles!), Goof Troop, Chip and Dale, Tale Spin, Hercules.

Edit: Forgot Mighty Ducks

Oh now that's what I'm talking about! Completely forgot about how Toon Disney used to exist.. it'd be nice if Toon Disney would happen to return. After all, they can do it. Disney, owning billions and BILLIONS of dollars, and only has two channel whenever Nickolodeon has four (Nick, NickJr, Nicktoons, and Teenick). I'm sure they could afford their other crummy channels while reviving Toon Disney. They'd get my watch, at least.

I really hope they push back the Adult Swim time schedule. Kids stay up later than CN seems to think, and it's not exactly good that [AS] material is being seen by kids, since it progressively is getting worse and worse by the year (doesn't make some of it any less funny, but it's still not good for kids). Overall it's a bad decision by the programming planners; they should push it back to about 11PM, at least.

And Cartoon Planet is only running for an hour?! How are they going to fit Brak and Zorak going on, and five different episodes of different shows into one hour? This doesn't seem right..

Edited by Azukara

Oh now that's what I'm talking about! Completely forgot about how Toon Disney used to exist.. it'd be nice if Toon Disney would happen to return. After all, they can do it. Disney, owning billions and BILLIONS of dollars, and only has two channel whenever Nickolodeon has four (Nick, NickJr, Nicktoons, and Teenick). I'm sure they could afford their other crummy channels while reviving Toon Disney. They'd get my watch, at least.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

And Cartoon Planet is only running for an hour?! How are they going to fit Brak and Zorak going on, and five different episodes of different shows into one hour? This doesn't seem right..

It is still possible since most of the episodes are 10-15 minute ones. PPG, Courage, Dexters lab, That kid with that BLU thing, Chowder (WHy is that show returning?).

Now that I mentioned it, Why the hell is chowder returning? That was the beginning of the downfall for Cartoon Network.

• Thumbs Up 5

What? What? What?

... The fact you don't remember any of the Disney Afternoon shows disheartens me.

Yeah, Adult Swim took that spot last year, and it hasn't benefited them in any way possible. Really, it's a waste of good cartoon space and has stolen a lot of good air time for Fridays. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that change was what doomed the Night of Action.

Edited by krazystitch

Now hold on. I definitely remember all of those shows. I was probably thinking just only Disney channel since I watched most of the shows you listed on toon Disney (god I miss thy channel).

People thought Chowder was a good show. It was decent with it's jokes. It wasn't until season 2 that people thought things were off. Heck, I'd say Johnny Test and CN Real were the downfall of CN.

Johnny Test may not be funny but it's still generally a better show in my opinion. Chowder was terrible. It alone started to make me think Disney was the better channel.

So that's what was being teased at a Toonami Panel I went to a few weeks back! Basically what was said is to watch Cartoon Network on March 30th at 8 PM for "something big". The news does not disappoint and I can't wait until Friday! This is going to bring back so many memories of me watching Cartoon Planet when I was little!

I think I'll wait and see how this Cartoon Planet revival goes before watching it since CN has basically gone down the pipes in the last few years with a few exceptions that end up getting cut short due to the powers that be. If they can just bring back Toonami with a better TOM design, SARA, Absolution, and a better lineup than in 2008 then it will make me a happy camper. If not then I'll just stick to the net to suit my needs.

When I saw the title of this thread, my heart skipped a beat.

I need to get that checked out.

Needless to say, Cartoon Planet was one of those wacky shows that I grew up with as a child and boy, did I watch that show religiously. Brak screaming lyrics about mashed potatoes and driving down a highway in is old pickup truck, Zorak threatening to leave the show because of Tad's attitude and Space Ghost following through on his threats to blow up Zorak with his power bracelets.

Yes, I still remember his name as Tad Ghostly, even though that little bit of obscure info was from Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Boy howdy will I be tuning into this show again, even though it is sans Space Ghost. I will miss the interactions between the three, but I still have Brak and Zorak, and their inane chatter.

Johnny Test may not be funny but it's still generally a better show in my opinion. Chowder was terrible. It alone started to make me think Disney was the better channel.

How the *car horn* can anyone say that with a straight face? Disney Channel is pretty unfathomably terrible, Chowder is freaking amazing, and Johnny Test is horrible Flash tripe with even more quality-control writing.

Sure, it's all subjective; but statements like that are kind of terrifying. Makes me wonder if I'm watching the same shows...

And honestly, CN started to tumble as soon as My Gym Partner's a Monkey was created. That's a truly bad show that started around 2005-2006. If anything, that should be one of the shows someone should pin the blame on for the insane quality drop. And of course, if you don't, there's always that adaptation of George of the Jungle, Squirrel Boy, Out of Jimmy's Head (urgh), or the Ben 10 overload. ( You can't really blame CN Real and Johnny Test for being horrible since the massive downhill tumble just led up to it. )

Edited by Azukara

Hm. I thought Gym Partner was decent to watch. :/

I personally think that Re-Animated/Out Of Jimmy's Head in 2007 was where CN's netwrok decay started to show, as well as the start of imported Canadian cartoons.

Cartoon Network is going back to their original logo for their 20th anniversary! That tells you something...

Actually, that's their alternative version of the current logo, in which it's design has a very similar resemblance to their original logo.

Original logo:

682px-Cartoon_Network_logo_1992.svg.png

Current logo:

800px-CNOriginalLogoVariation.png

Edited by Madame Amano

The entire Cartoon Planet schedule for April (Plus the first week of May) has been released! Let's take a look at what selection of cartoons we can expect in the weeks to come!

Fri Apr 06 - 8:00-9:00pm

•Billy & Mandy - "Chocolate Sailor"

•Ed, Edd 'n Eddy - "Honor Thy Ed"

•Chowder - "Chowder's Girlfriend"

•Camp Lazlo - "Campers All Pull Pants"

Fri Apr 13 - 8:00-9:00pm

•Courage the Cowardly Dog - "Scuba-Scuba Doo"

•Codename: KND - "Operation D.O.D.G.E.B.A.L.L."

•I Am Weasel - "I.R. Gentleman"

•Dexter's Laboratory - "Way of the Dee Dee"

•Evil Con Carne - "The Pie Who Loved Me"

Fri Apr 20 - 8:00-9:00pm

•Flapjack - "The Sweet Life"

•Cow & Chicken - "Cow Loves Piles"

•Billy & Mandy - "Toadblatt's School of Sorcery"

•Dial 'M' for Monkey - "Peltra"

•Johnny Bravo - "Bravo Dooby-Doo"

Fri Apr 27 - 8:00-9:00pm

•The Powerpuff Girls - "The Rowdyruff Boys"

•Foster's - "The Big Cheese"

•Gym Partner - "Ain't Too Proud to Egg"

Fri May 04 - 8:00-9:00pm

•Foster's - "Mac Daddy"

•Chowder - "Burple Nurples"

•Courage the Cowardly Dog - "So In Louvres Are We Two"

Pretty nice selection of shows. Good to see that there's a lot of variety. (Hopefully, that means that more obscure stuff like Time Squad isn't out of the question.) Awesome for the people who were wanting Courage and Johnny Bravo, too. Also, Evil Con Carne?! AND IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE EPISODES?! *Squee!* biggrin.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 2

^Gym Partner? Blech, don't like that show and I consider it one of CN's worst during the downfall because of how unfunny. Also, Camp Lazlo? They already show full episodes of that during the day whereas I don't see Flapjack and Chowder. Why the heck is that doing there?

Can't wait! I kind-of wish it had a different host every week though, similar to the old Cartoon Network thing they did on Fridays, what was that called again? Ugh...can't remember.