Awoo.

Sonic 2 HD

Ming Ming Hatsune

Got it working a while ago. This game is a dream come true. I couldn't help but smile while playing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

SEE GUYS!!! HALF LIFE EPISODE 3 CAAAAANNNN HAPPEN!

This coming out is solid proof damn it!

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

I finally got to play it. I couldn't close my mouth from the moment the title screen popped up. The graphics are amazing. Absolutely stunning. Now this is what I call a HD release. If this is going to be a PSN/XBLA release, I would have thrown money all over this game. Even if it's $15? Hell yeah. Now excuse me, I need to replay the game again even though it's just Emerald Hill Zone. It's *that* good.

• Thumbs Up 5

I finally got to play it. I couldn't close my mouth from the moment the title screen popped up. The graphics are amazing. Absolutely stunning. Now this is what I call a HD release. If this is going to be a PSN/XBLA release, I would have thrown money all over this game. Even if it's $15? Hell yeah. Now excuse me, I need to replay the game again even though it's just Emerald Hill Zone. It's *that* good.

I have yet to play it, for some reason I can't get it to work!! I click on the application and nothing happens =(

There are two versions of the game in the zip file. 32-bit and 64-bit. If your computer is 64-bit, you should start up Sonic2HD64.exe instead of the normal one.

Also make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements (found in the manual)

Oh my, this looks pretty damn awesome.

There's a few things that kinda irk me though, which it kinda looks flash-gamey at times. I can't really put my finger on why, and I kinda want to guess the background parallax scrolling, but it honestly could be anything. I also not a fan of the music remixes at points. It seems really reverby like they're trying to pad stuff out or something *shrugs*. Those are some awesome horns though, <3.

Eh, I'll play the full thing when it comes out, whenever that is, XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess I'll give this a shot. Yo, is there a Sonic 1 type deal for this? Ah, I may look for it later.

I downloaded it, but whenever I click on either .exe file I get the error message "A required .DLL file, S2HD64.dll (or S2HD.dll), was not found". Any ideas on what the problem is? sad.png

I downloaded it, but whenever I click on either .exe file I get the error message "A required .DLL file, S2HD64.dll (or S2HD.dll), was not found". Any ideas on what the problem is? sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Check out the _NAKALOG. At the end of each log, it says:

"Naka needs his beauty sleep"

I lol'd

Edited by sammichbars

I agree with Wolfy, i really do think it's flash-gamey looking. Sonic doesn't pop out as much as I think he should, too. The remixes are alright but too verb'y for my liking, yeah. Neat idea, though! Love the crap out of their logo, XD

Spoiler:

Tails is playable in this demo. Look in the manual for more details on how to unlock Tails.

All these Sonics in the credits kinda make me think that'd be a neat feature in a legit game. Press select or something to quickly switch to a different Sonic. lol

Doubt too many would agree.

Looks nice, but not that special.

Also, are the physics the same as the original?

Wow, and here I thought they'd given up on it.

EDIT: I can't get it to work.

Edited by Solkia

Wow, quite a bit of negativity in this thread. :\

I know it's not completely perfect, but come on guys, a LOT of effort has gone into this (and it really shows). Even though it's just Emerald Hill Zone, I can't help but appreciate all of the little details. The dancing flowers, the tree leaves blowing in the wind... everything is just so full of life. They completely nailed the classic art style.

I'm quite impressed, and definitely look forward to another release in the future (whenever that may be).

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd love to give my opinion on it...but when I run the .exe, I only see a blank screen in the game window.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't help but feel conflicted by my admiration of this game and strong dislike of teams decision to stop this being a community project. It's kind of a kick in the teeth to everyone who joined in.

• Thumbs Up 2

So uhh... is it meant to make Windows Security Essentials detect a Severe Threat trojan and then proceed to take longer to load than Sonic 2006? I made it to the title screen (and it was a gorgeous title screen) after about a minute of loading and then got bored waiting for Emerald Hill to start up.

Ignore the trojan alerts, it's because they put some strong DRM protection on it to prevent people from modifying the code. I think you should turn off your anti-virus/firewall/whatever it is for it to function properly.