Awoo.

Sonic 2 HD

Ming Ming Hatsune

16 minutes ago, JezMM said:

He gets credited on the "previous staff" page of the credits.  It's possible they can no longer explicitly credit him because it'd be a bit sticky for him to still be "involved" in fan projects like this that TECHNICALLY undercut SEGA's own efforts (and SEGA are very gracious to allow them to exist).  Also tbh unless anyone can confirm otherwise the new musician's name is so similar to Tee Lopes it might just be a pseudonym due to the aforementioned issue lol.

Aaaaah! That makes sense.

I don't think it's secretly him, though. Lol

The Act 2 music isn't bad, by any stretch. But, it's definitely not up to Tee Lopes's standard, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Chaos Control Freak said:

Aaaaah! That makes sense.

I don't think it's secretly him, though. Lol

The Act 2 music isn't bad, by any stretch. But, it's definitely not up to Tee Lopes's standard, in my opinion.

Toni Leys did CPZ2, HTZ2, Boss, Drown, Options. The rest are by Lopes (including EHZ2, which he made before leaving the team to work on Mania).

10 hours ago, Chaos Control Freak said:

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but is there a reason they're not crediting Tee Lopes for the music? Some of it is clearly still his.

No, it's not...

The one thing this H-Deity of a remake needs to add is Sonic's invulnerability to Eggman's mega mack when ducking, it is a necessity for anything Sonic 2 related.

Yeah my computer is also telling me it won't run it because it will harm my PC, which is so Sonic 2 HD.

Edit: This is really good. I think this might be my favorite version of Chemical Plant, they found some nice ways to make Hill Top look more visually interesting, and the credits are fantastic. Only real gripe is that in some places it feels you're able to build too much speed, so I was able to shoot over parts of the level and clip through stuff, and I think the act 2 remixes just aren't very good.

On 01/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, Blue Blood said:

No, it's not...

(a) Yes, it is...

(b) He is credited under 'Previous Staff', just like the artists who drew EHZ.

I really don't get what's so hard to understand.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:37 PM, andrew2 said:

Toni Leys did CPZ2, HTZ2, Boss, Drown, Options. The rest are by Lopes (including EHZ2, which he made before leaving the team to work on Mania).

He did EHZ2? Where'd you read that?

On 04/10/2017 at 3:33 AM, Chaos Control Freak said:

He did EHZ2? Where'd you read that?

Sonic Stadium exclusive. Infer from that what you will.

• 3 months later...

January 2018 progress update:

Team S2HD would like send a huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who downloaded and played our 2.0 release! Seeing your reactions and messages of support has been an amazing source of joy and encouragement. In particular we would like to thank all of you who have reported any issues or bugs you may be encountering with the demo. Currently a patch is in the works which fixes many of these issues; also included are improved physics, overhauled object art and more. The project has now entered ‘phase 3’ with work on Aquatic Ruin Zone well under way. You can find some of the relevant concept work for this stage below:

WY7sQT.png

I hope they finish this project no matter how long it takes. The demo was so good.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Instead of being old ruins that fall apart, it's now a mechanical doodad that makes it break off and crush the Sonic boy.

Yeah, it'll likely still take a miracle for any of this to be completed by SAGE, but the continued production on this fangame and the results of said production are absolutely fantastic. This year can have Sonic Studio and the Hero Engine, but I'm highly looking forward to the next supposed release if it can make it to next year's SAGE. (That along with SRB2 2.2. 🥰)

15 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Instead of being old ruins that fall apart, it's now a mechanical doodad that makes it break off and crush the Sonic boy.

I initially thought that this was a strange change, when nothing outright indicated a mechanical cause in the original game. But then it dawned on me that Aquatic Ruin already has traps that Eggman managed to build into the existing architecture; namely the Grounders hidden in walls and arrow traps with his face on them. So the breakable pillars could be either a natural part of the ruins being old, or Eggman setting traps for Sonic. The team went with the latter. Nice touch.