Awoo.

Sonic 2 HD

Ming Ming Hatsune

Call me harsh but I shouldn't really have to. I'd rather wait until they patch it to act like a proper, user-friendly game.

• Thumbs Up 7

Call me harsh but I shouldn't really have to. I'd rather wait until they patch it to act like a proper, user-friendly game.

No, you shouldn't have to. But this is just an alpha release and you can easily add to to the exception/ignore list, right?

Well unless they remove the DRM protection, it will be highly unlikely that you won't be able to play it...

My anti-virus didn't detect the "trojan" but some others have.

https://www.virustot...sis/1332914040/

Edited by Ming Ming Love

No, you shouldn't have to. But this is just an alpha release and you can easily add to to the exception/ignore list, right?

Eh, I can wait til a later release, to be honest I'm not majorly psyched for this game (Sonic 2 is my least favourite classic game). I allowed Windows Security Essentials to remove the threat. The game works but doesn't load Emerald Hill, but considering it takes 30 seconds to load the title screen it may be that if I waited long enough it'd work. I'll prolly try again later when I have some time afk to just... leave it doing it's thang.

Edited by JezMM

I allowed the "trojan" to come in, and nothing happened to my computer.

...yet.

I doubt that its anything malicious. But if its forcing you to remove your entire firewall, then it might not be worth the trouble for some.

I allowed the "trojan" to come in, and nothing happened to my computer.

...yet.

I doubt that its anything malicious. But if its forcing you to remove your entire firewall, then it might not be worth the trouble for some.

Yeah, cause it isn't a trojan. They explained due to the high security used it sets off a false positive. Nobody should have to be disabling their entire firewall for it.

Wow...that was pretty sweet. Kind of makes me less excited for Sonic 4 and more annoyed about how that title is being approached :/

• Thumbs Up 1

This is jaw dropping! Never have I seen such smooth animation like this, everything looks amazing! The game plays just as I remember it. I don't really see any bugs except for when it comes to rolling, jumping in the air while rolling sometimes causes sonic to lose momentum. I don't remember if this happened in the original or not(it probably didn't),Other than that everything is amazing!

Original fan game remake thing! DO NOT STEAL

Um... it's supposed to be a remake/tribute...

Then again, the game auto-blocks hack which is really daft considering the project is only possible due to all the hacking and reverse engineering at Retro.

Um... it's supposed to be a remake/tribute...

Then again, the game auto-blocks hack which is really daft considering the project is only possible due to all the hacking and reverse engineering at Retro.

I can't help but find the stance Retro is taking on the project to be incredibly pretentious. They're making a fangame, and shouldn't forget that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Game runs pretty well and the art, music and general production values are impressive. As far as HD remakes go, these guys got it down. The initial load times are absolutely atrocious though, and I hope they iron these out. It took me five minutes staring at a black screen until Emerald Hill booted up.

Unfortunately my continuous issue in general is still that Sonic 2 as a game I just don't enjoy, along with it being my least favorite Classic Sonic game, hence why I'm still not particularly excited for a remake of it, no matter how pretty and polished it is.

• Thumbs Up 7

I thought the game was... decent. Better than I expected actually. I didn't think we were going to see extra details like the animation on the trees and the lighting change in this release so I'm happy to see that they've been done well (Imagine what aquatic ruin will look like, with it's water and stuff!)

On the negative side, Robotnik's sprite looked a little half arsed, but more importantly, the loading time is horrific! it's like slowing down Sonic 06's loading time 3 times, it's that bad (On my computer, anyway)

Plus, I do think Sonic 3 & Knuckles would've been a better game to remake in HD, but Another team is doing just that and they can only get better.

But I wish the best of luck to the developers of this game (not that they'll need it, or I don't think so, anyway.)

The load times tend to vary from person to person. Loads near instantly for me, while other people can wait a long time. :/

Sonic 2 is my least favourite Classic game, but I can ignore that when the production values on this remake are astounding. Fantastic animation, the stages are full of life, and the art style is based on the artwork rather than the original sprites. Physics are near-perfect. Music remixes are decent, and, well... Yeah, not much to complain about, here.

Unfortunately my continuous issue in general is still that Sonic 2 as a game I just don't enjoy, along with it being my least favorite Classic Sonic game, hence why I'm still not particularly excited for a remake of it, no matter how pretty and polished it is.

This is me right here.

I just don't care about Sonic 2 at all.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't help but find the stance Retro is taking on the project to be incredibly pretentious. They're making a fangame, and shouldn't forget that.

Well, the thing is it started off as a community project and only exists because of Retro's collective work over the years. To make a it a project completely closed off from the rest of the community as opposed to it's former state of "everyone can contribute, but there's a small group of people ultimately in charge" is really unfair. Being completely open evidently didn't work at all, but they should still be working very closely with everyone.

So uh, can I get a step by step on how to download this thing for someone who's NEVER downloaded anything on a computer...like...ever?

Misfit is very un-technical.

Are they going to add Tails's ability to fly? It would be pretty silly not to.

Game is a pretty nice effort. Not too huge of a fan of the shading style though, kind of makes everything seem fake. The character sprites look pretty alive and even adorable at times, they're my favorite aspect of the project since I'm not really a fan of Sonic 2 to begin with.

Can you play as Tails in the finished version of this game?

If you have read my spoiler, you'll find the answer. ;)

Edited by Ming Ming Love

So has anyone found any of the supposed "easter eggs" other than

being able to play as Tails

?

Wow this alpha run is simply beautiful, the colors are vibrant, the controls feel good, and the physics feel almost identical to the original Sonic 2 on the Genesis, take notes Sega ;) I can't wait til we see a finished version of this game.^^

So uh, can I get a step by step on how to download this thing for someone who's NEVER downloaded anything on a computer...like...ever?

Misfit is very un-technical.

What are you having problems with?

Sooo, does this take a shit load of time to start after the title screen or it just doesn't work on my pc?

Carbo said his took 5 minutes to load Emerald Hill, but I waited 10 before giving up. I did allow Security Essentials to remove what was thought to be a trojan, so that may have something to do with it. Title screen worked though.