Awoo.

Sonic 2 HD

Ming Ming Hatsune

SoRR was around for like 8 years wasn't it? Then shut down like 2 days before final release or something. Same thing will happen to this if it even gets that far. (it wont)

They probably don't even see it. They're too busy working on new games, and even if they DID glance at it, they're probably practically on contract to look away, lest they get a stupid angry fan with more power than sense trying to give them a time wasting lawsuit that they stole ideas should they get inspired (obviously less of an issue with projects this close to the original game, but still).

Say what you will, I still think Mushroom Hill was only in Gens 3DS cause of that video.

SoRR was around for like 8 years wasn't it? Then shut down like 2 days before final release or something. Same thing will happen to this if it even gets that far. (it wont)

SEGA had a similar product in production that was actually cancelled before getting announced. That's why SoRR was shut down.

I can't help but find the stance Retro is taking on the project to be incredibly pretentious. They're making a fangame, and shouldn't forget that.

I know you people don't like Retro, but don't just go badmouthing like that. One programmer isn't the entire Retro community, nor the entire Retro staff. In fact going around posts and comments, I'd say Retro's stance in the project is actually the same as yours: "the fuck are you doing guys, this was a fun community project now it's drm with wrong music"

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing the title screen in 1080P was good enough for me to feel nostalgic. It's very exciting seeing this project done so well and having so much promise. :)

Yeah, i'm getting the "s2hd.dll not found" shenanigans, everything extracted to a folder, even tried copying said files to the other folders, the .exe is allowed on Comodo.

Just, no deal. :(

Since I couldn't get the game to work, I just watched the video. The video had to start buffering right here:

xD

NEW ICON! MINE!!! MINEEE!!!!

The way Tails is smiling at the screen as he holds his fist up at Sonic is just rich.

Edited by Machenstein
  • Thumbs Up 4

Tried to get this game to work for an hour now.

Basically I click on the 32 bit version and nothing happens. Tried running as administrator, re-downloading every mirror, extracting all files etc and nothing seems to work!

Help would be lovely..

Domestic violence doesn't have to happen between a husband and a wife folks. It can be between a hedgehog and his buddy fox, and the victim may not be who you expect. If someone tries to punch you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good.

Yeah, i'm getting the "s2hd.dll not found" shenanigans, everything extracted to a folder, even tried copying said files to the other folders, the .exe is allowed on Comodo.

Just, no deal. sad.png

just click on the .dll file included with the download.

I accidentally opened up the 32bit file for the first time and ever since after 30 minutes or so, my antivirus kept on popping up the "trojan" alert. So in the end I deleted the 32bit version of this game. Weird it's only the 32bit version that has this trojan alert while the 64bit version is completely fine.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Hmm, that is weird. I've played with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the game, and I haven't noticed a single difference between them on my computer. Neither of them have ever gave me a virus warning either.

No problem. Enjoy your Sonic, fembro.

*looks up the word "fembro"* lol ok, thanks.

Ok, I played the demo and the graphics are absolutely goregous with everything bright and well-detailed. The animation was excellent and the music was good too. I was very much impressed. smile.png

My only complaint is the loading time...I lost count of how many minutes I had to wait for Emerald Hill to load up. I had difficulty in making Sonic jump and keeping him from falling off ledges, but I am going to blame that on myself as my coordination sucks. Playing games on the keyboard is a no-go for me.

I definitely enjoyed playing this...it was a fun experience. It was an excellent fan game, I say. wink.png

Seemless. This is how you do a remake. This is better than the shitty Backbone Entertainment port and the Sonic Fan Remix (the Emerald Hill Zone remake with cluttered graphics)

Finished unpacking it with WinRAR. McAfee immediately recognized it as a Trojan and deleted without letting me do a thing.

Whatever. I didn't want to play it that bad anyway.

Finished unpacking it with WinRAR. McAfee immediately recognized it as a Trojan and deleted without letting me do a thing.

Oh wow, really? Why would it delete stuff without asking?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I'll be playing this. I don't care too much for Sonic 2 (It's not terrible, but it's just kinda average), and this seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. That, and the fact that my computer would probably have a heart attack trying to run this.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Have you guys seen the editorial on Retro's front page?

LOst has...well...lost his fucking mind with his crazy ego.

I know you people don't like Retro, but don't just go badmouthing like that. One programmer isn't the entire Retro community, nor the entire Retro staff. In fact going around posts and comments, I'd say Retro's stance in the project is actually the same as yours: "the fuck are you doing guys, this was a fun community project now it's drm with wrong music"

^This. I know you love your Retro bias here but were asking the same questions as you guys.

This has gone over 20 times already, its fake! that error by your over-paranoid scanner is being caused by the brain-dead DRM LOst put in. Get rid of McAfee theres tons of free scanners that do a better job and don't bother you with idiot messages.

EDIT: Oh GerbilSoft, your sooo bad. I love your evil, its delicious >:3

Edited by goku262002

Played it. Great stuff! Not the exact copy of Sonic 2 in terms of physics (and I think the jump is not high enough and Tails' speed is somewhat slow), but very HQ product! yet another shame on Sega. Fans can do better than the huge corporation.))

Are you sure you're a Sega fan? Because that kind of attitude isn't at all constructive or productive, it's arrogant. See Semi-colon e's latest status.

tongue.png

Anyway the issue here also is that fans have as much time to do their research on the fanbase and not many deadlines to stick to. I mean I haven't played Sonic 2 HD but how long has it been going for? Most Sonic games don't get that much time on them sadly, and while I feel it shouldn't be run like that, they're a business. They don't have theoretically infinite time and dedication. I will still say Sonic 4 is dumb and the physics should have been fixed blah de blah but at the same time statements like this don't really consider the reasons WHY fans seem to "do better", especially as Sonic 2 HD and the Sonic CD 2011 port (not that I'm against that though, it's awesomesauce and was of a different scale) didn't have to have entirely new level designs.

Kind of ironic to have the whole protecting intellectual property thing though on what is a HD remake of an existing game, almost like a typical Mega Drive hack except in how it's made.

Edited by Semi-colon e

My problem is that the type of "Fan's can do better" attitude is always a thing that comes up wheever a competent fangame is seen or played, and it's pretty annoying.

Doesn't help that this is nothing more than a pixel-for-pixel remake of Sonic 2 built from the ground up, with upgraded visuals and heavier physics.

And then there's the fucking DRM... DRM? In a fangame?!

Edited by A Spray Can in Tokyo-to