Awoo.

Sonic 2 HD

Ming Ming Hatsune

If the fans can do better then I guess we don't need SEGA to make 2D games for us then. Let SEGA canceled Sonic 4 and future 2D projects while we stick to playing fangames.

If the fans can do better then I guess we don't need SEGA to make 2D games for us then. Let SEGA canceled Sonic 4 and future 2D projects while we stick to playing fangames.

To be fair, Sega's 2D games haven't exactly been good in recent years.

Because simply making a HD version of an already existing game takes so much more effort than creating an entirely new game from scratch.

Well, I'm sure it took more effort than Episode 1 =P

Instead of trying to be edgy, how about trying to make sense?

To be fair, Sega's 2D games haven't exactly been good in recent years.

I know, that's why I'd rather they focus on making something else.

Instead of trying to be edgy, how about trying to make sense?

I'm not trying to act edgy and explain how I'm not making sense when I see fans say this so often when something is possibly good comes out of them.

Edited by sonfan1984

Taking a shit takes more effort than Episode 1 did.

I know, that's why I'd rather they focus on making something else.

Or, ya know. Actually get somebody competent who can make 2D games, because for some reason Dimps just suck now. How do you go from something Generations Classic to Sonic 4, it just doesn't make sense.

I'm not trying to act edgy and explain how I'm not making sense when I see fans say this so often when something is possibly good comes out of them.

Because, just because fans are doing better jobs, doesn't mean SEGA should go cancel their projects. The whole "just go play fan games instead" is just incredibly stupid. How about SEGA get their shit together?

I like Sonic 4, but there's no denying Fan Remix and this look a lot better.

Can we just get back on topic before Sean banhammers everyone's asses in?

Because, just because fans are doing better jobs, doesn't mean SEGA should go cancel their projects. The whole "just go play fan games instead" is just incredibly stupid. How about SEGA get their shit together?

I like Sonic 4, but there's no denying Fan Remix and this look a lot better.

Yeah I agree. I mostly said that out of frustration cause I see fans say that all the time and that 'SEGA is being outdone by the fans' even when their stuff is completely shit knowing that if SEGA releases something that shitty they'll complain but if it's something that a fan had made they're easily impressed and they can do better then SEGA can. I like to give credit when credit is due.

Edited by sonfan1984

I thought at first this was sarcasm but as I read on this thread, it's obviously not. @.@

Eh...for some reason when I click on that link, it says Sonic Retro's domain has expired. O.o

EDIT: Yeah, Sonic Retro's domain has officially expired.

EDIT 2: Updated first post.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Because simply making a HD version of an already existing game takes so much more effort than creating an entirely new game from scratch.

I expected an answer like this. You see, it's not only about the visuals and level design, which obviously were just copied. How about the physics? A fan game has better physics than the official games! That's saying something! What will you say on this huh?

And this

Eh...for some reason when I click on that link, it says Sonic Retro's domain has expired. O.o

EDIT: Yeah, Sonic Retro's domain has officially expired.

EDIT 2: Updated first post.

Fucking GoDaddy.

Fucking GoDaddy.

Don't blame GoDaddy, it's not their fault the admins of Sonic Retro didn't renew the domain. D=

(But this thread isn't about Sonic Retro so let's leave it there)

In related news, look what Tee Lopes put up as a preview in June:

Did you know that Tee Lopes is the guy handling the soundtrack on Sonic 2 HD?

...Yes.

As for the released alpha, I'm not down with needless bloatware. I'll be waiting for a more streamlined version before I try this out.

I expected an answer like this. You see, it's not only about the visuals and level design, which obviously were just copied. How about the physics? A fan game has better physics than the official games! That's saying something! What will you say on this huh?

So when did Sonic 2 become a fan game?

When it stopped using the original engine, used a fan-made engine based on the original engine instead, and became Sonic 2 HD.

• Thumbs Up 1

For God's sake! Are you pretending you don't get what I'm talking about?

Allright if you don't, I'm comparing Sonic 2 HD FAN GAME with Sonic 4 (and other recent 2D games from Dimps). Now is that more clear?

Edited by ArtFenix

So if some fans can copy the physics from Classic games why Dimps can not do the same? That's what my main point is.

They're not good at level design either, but screw this part. The main controversial thing here is the engine.

Edited by ArtFenix

But Sonic 2, whether its HD or not, its still based on an existing game. All they did was doll it up, its still literally the same exact game, but prettier. Yeah, Sonic 4 is shit, but saying a fan game that is just an dolled up version of an existing game is proof that these guys automatically are better than Sonic Team/Dimps, is just bullshit. They're good at copying I'll give them that, but this proves nothing other than that they know how to copy a good game.

It goes beyond copying- It's completely rebuilding something. That's the big difference. There's fuck all original content though (or such a minuscule amount it's not worth mentioning). This game is prettier than S4 and has more accurate physics than anything Classic related in the past few years. However, it's also pretty badly built/programmed as I'm sure has already been explained numerous times throughout this thread. It's not better than Sonic Team/Dimps from a technical standpoint, just from an aesthetic one and in terms of how it plays. And that's IF it plays on your machine that should be able to handle it but in fact can't because again it's not great froma technical standpoint.

And in case this is confusing, I'm in agreement with you Shadic.

(the fans have done better in several other case though)

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just read that editorial; welp, just goes to show how I shouldn't make statements when I don't know what I'm talking about. I was under the impression that it was being worked on by some of the top tech guys at Retro.

Kick LOst out and competently build an engine, and we'll be good.