Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

I know we shouldn't comment on rumors and speculation but NeoGaf insider/intel BruceLeeRoy has been hinting that Crash *MIGHT* appear at this year's E3. Here's a list of his teases:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ERv3FF_GYQY9TyLSu2b5PJu-vMcGCJSTR0MSyN8IgU/pub

Bruce has a pretty good track record from what I've seen of him. He knew about the COD exclusivity-deal with Sony, FF7HD, PSASBR and many others so I have some glimmer of hope that we'll see something. That t-shirt Shawn Layden was wearing at PSX 2015 wasn't just a cocktease, it was deliberate.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm planning to upgrade from Xbox 360 to PS4, this year. Because, all my friends are PS4 owners so I would  like to play online with them, the Ratchet And Clank games and hopefully this year's anniversary Sonic game is released on the system.

Just out of curiousity is there a limit on how many times you can gameshare games on the system ? Only wondering because, I might do it with some friends. And is the Playstation Now worth purchasing as it's the closest we will get to PS3 backwards compatabillity. And didn't Sony say the had no plans for disc compatabillity. There are a lot of PS3 games, that I would love to get the chance to play.

• 1 month later...

Heavy Rain PS4 edition is now available for digital download.

Available today in North America, with Europe getting it tomorrow, Heavy Rain on PlayStation 4 includes 1080p visuals, improved lighting, and multi-threaded rendering, with developer Quantic Dream saying, “We have focused on improving the graphical fidelity.”

Here’s what you can expect from Heavy Rain on PS4:

Heavy Rain on PS3 won three BAFTA awards and follows the dramatic story of a father, Ethan, on a desperate hunt to find his missing son. You will decide how far he goes to save his family. Ethan is joined by Detective Scott Shelby, FBI Agent Norman Jayden, and photojournalist Madison Paige. Their fates entwine as they seek out the mysterious Origami Killer.

Improvements

• Increased resolution from 720p to 1080p
  • Increased the number of available shadow maps from 8 to 12
  • Enabled multi-threaded rendering
  • Added post-process: HDAO and MSAA
  • Improved lighting for scenes and objects
  • Improved reflections

In North America, Heavy Rain is $29.99 USD on its own, or $39.99 USD in a bundle with Beyond: Two Souls. If you already own Beyond, Quantic Dream said, “You can purchase Heavy Rain at a discount on PS Store – which we think is a fantastic value.”

I'm downloading now. Should be fun playing through it again despite the hilariously bad voice acting. Only had to pay £7.99-I got a discount because I purchased the PS4 version of Beyond Two Souls.

It's got a metacritic score of 79 which is pretty good. Naturally it feels dated, although visually it does look better on PS4 as you would expect.

• 4 weeks later...

So Megaman Legends 2 has been rated for the PS3/PSP/PSVita, which means we're getting it soon! I'll definitely be getting it, I loved 1 and Misadventures. Nice to see we're still getting new Ps1 games, wish we were still getting the PS2 ones though, there's no real reason, they just put it in an emulator on the PS3 side, and it's the same cost to rate if for both PS3/4 as just PS4, but hey that's me

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I need some help.

Okay, it's been a while since I've last played my PS4 right? I get the urge to play and finally beat Bloodborne, since that's been in my backlog for a while. So I pop it in and start playing, but the most curious thing happens.

For some reason, my character will randomly attack and do things when I'm not pushing a button. Like, he'll just randomly swing his axe or shoot his gun. Now, I've played around for a bit to try and see what the problem was. So I figured out that messing around for a bit will eventually make my character stop attacking. (For example just running back and forth) However, when things get intense, my character will all of a sudden just start attacking again with no input from. 

I don't know if this is because of my PS4 controller, or if there's a problem with the software input for my PS4. Does anyone have any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bumping this because I need assistance.

I've been using the PS Store the whole time always with the same Visa card as payment. Recently I've been unable to use it since it says my credit card info is not valid...thing that isn't true since I checked it and it's all there as I filled it before. I was even able to use it in Origin on Friday to buy a game without a problem so I guess it's something related to PSN.

Has anyone came across this before and/or know how to solve it? because at this rate I won't be able to renew the PS+ subscription next month since I can't use PayPal.

Your card hasn't been renewed recently, has it, so the date changed?  Otherwise you might be better off to call customer service about it.

• 4 weeks later...

PS4 sales surpass 40 million units worldwide:

SAN MATEO, CA, May 26, 2016 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced that PlayStation®4 (PS4™) has cumulatively sold through more than 40 million units*1 to consumers worldwide as of May 22, 2016, continuing to demonstrate the fastest-selling console in PlayStation® history. By offering users a vast array of exciting software titles from 3rd party developers and publishers as well as from SIE Worldwide Studios (SIE WWS), PS4 software sales also remain strong, with more than 270.9 million copies*2 sold in retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store as of May 22, 2016.

“We are truly grateful for the enormous support from our fans and partners across the globe, which helped us achieve this significant milestone in such a short span of time,” said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment.  “We will strive to deliver even more exciting gaming experiences to our users, further driving the momentum and accelerating the expansion of the PS4 platform and its business this fiscal year by offering an unparalleled line-up of games, bringing our virtual reality system, PlayStation VR, to market and providing ground-breaking features and network services.”

On the software front, much anticipated title, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (SIE WWS), was released on May 10, recording remarkable global sales of over 2.7 million units in just one week.  PS4 software portfolio will continue to expand with highly anticipated games including FINAL FANTASY XV (SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD), Nioh (KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.), Ryu ga Gotoku 6 (SEGA Games Co., Ltd.), Gran Turismo SPORT, Gravity Rush 2, and The Last Guardian (SIE WWS). The independent development community will also continue to deliver a variety of innovative new titles for PS4 including DOWNWELL (Devolver Digital), Jotun (Thunder Lotus Games) and Push Me Pull You (House House Games). *3

SIE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.

The PS4 system is currently available in 124 countries and regions*4 worldwide. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

We have details of Update 4.00.

Confirmed features are...

• UI has been overhauled completely to be more easy and helpful
  • Quick Menu has been overhauled to make it easier, as well as only taking up a portion of the screen so it doesn't take away from gameplay
  • Quick Menu now lets you look at trophies in the current game you're playing
  • You can also add certain friends to the quick menu to view their online status
  • Shortcuts to groups/communities are in the menu
  • Share menu has been overhauled so it only takes up a portion of the screen, it remembers the last place you uploaded to, allows you to share screenshots directly to communities now, and you can now upload video to Twitter up to 140 seconds.
  • You can now organize games into folders for easier organization
  • Library has been overhauled to now give separate folders for things like purchased content, and more
  • Trophies have been given improvements such as...
  • Viewing trophies offline (THANK GOD)
  • A button that will let you reveal hidden trophies now
  • The icon for rarity has been changed to a pyramid, with ultra rares at the top.
  • User Profile will be getting an overhaul. 

• 6 months later...

Info about the 4:50 update coming today.

We're finally getting External HDD support!

External HDD

As we previously mentioned, 4.50 allows to download and store PS4 games and apps to an external HDD. Insert your USB 3.0 HDD into your console, and select it from ‘USB Storage Devices’ from ‘Devices’ in Settings to format it so it’s ready to use (note, any previously stored content will be wiped from the HDD).

Note: compatible HDDs need to be USB 3.0 or later, between 250GB (min) – 8TB (max).

The HDD will now be the default download location as long as it’s plugged in; you can select the PS4’s internal storage instead on the ‘Storage’ section in Settings. You can easily move your internally-stored games and apps across to the HDD by selecting ‘Applications’ in ‘Storage’, press the ‘Options’ button and select ‘Move to Extended Storage’. You’ll be able to choose which games and apps you want to move.

Does that mean it'll wipe the content on the internal HDD, or the external HDD?

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Does that mean it'll wipe the content on the internal HDD, or the external HDD?

Nope, neither.

I just formatted my seagate external 2tb hd and I'm good to go. My PS4 hd data is still there.

You can choose whether to save data on the PS4 hd or your external hd. 

.... ....

WTF DID THEY DO TO THE NOTIFICATIONS MENU!?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I need to bump this thread. I don't know if this goes here either but still...

There's something that starter to happen lately. Some days ago, I was watching Netflix through the PS4 when, out of nowhere, the console beeped and ejected the Xenoverse 2 disc on it's own. Tried putting it back and shortly after it'll do the same, even if I'm playing the game.

Today I though this was over since nothing happened when I turned it on...but later my father came and told me it happened again.

Did this happen to someone else? How did you solve it?

3 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

I need to bump this thread. I don't know if this goes here either but still...

There's something that starter to happen lately. Some days ago, I was watching Netflix through the PS4 when, out of nowhere, the console beeped and ejected the Xenoverse 2 disc on it's own. Tried putting it back and shortly after it'll do the same, even if I'm playing the game.

Today I though this was over since nothing happened when I turned it on...but later my father came and told me it happened again.

Did this happen to someone else? How did you solve it?

It happened to me as well. Not sure if it's a total fix, but completely clean out the system, including the power and eject buttons. It hasn't happened to me in a while, and that's what I did.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

I have a question about the PS4.

When I look at images and videos about a game on the PS Store, they look really bad. 

FF XV also looks really bad on my PS4.

I'm not sure on how well the other games look.

I tried to find a way to fix it, but they didn't work.

Could it be because the PS4 runs up to 1080p while I have a 4K TV?

55 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Store games/video looks bad.

FF XV also looks really bad on my PS4.

Could it be because the PS4 runs up to 1080p while I have a 4K TV?

The store stuff can't be used as a judge since it's streaming from the store. Too many factors can go in to image quality problems from that.

The 4k telly being used for 1080p... I really don't think that would be causing the issues. Not 100% on that but I don't think it would since it's outputting to 1080p and that's what the telly is displaying.

By any chance do you game in 4k on PC a lot? Or watch movies at 4k a lot?

I don't use the 4k part at all.

PC is no where near powerful enoguh and I don't have aBlu-Ray to watch movies at that quality.

I found out my TV has setting for the image style to be "Game Mode" or "PC Mode". While the PS Store images look better in PC Mode, the video quality seems to be the same.

I will test it with a game to see if it works better.