Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

So is No Man's Sky PS4 exclusive, or multiplatform but just shown off by Sony?

That game looks bloody spectacular.

As of now PS4 is the only confirmed platform, but a subsequent PC release is likely. 

Anyway, I was wondering, will Sony announce any more 2014 releases at Gamescom, or is it too late now? I'm really not sure which console I want to get, I mean, the Xbox One has nice exclusives and all bit apparently the 3rd party games are inferior. I don't currently have enough money so that's kind of a blessing in disguise as I need more time to decide, but I can't say it's an easy decision.

Gamescom is august so it's unlikely you'll see a big game announced for 2014 release. Smaller titles and/or remasters, sure. Same goes for this TGS.

No Man's Sky is at least timed exclusive on consoles. I can see it launching the same day on PC tho.

Yeah I think I'll stick with getting a PS4. Superior multiplats, next year's lineup, No Man's Sky confirmed, etc.

I also like the controller, though I've heard of issues with the thumbsticks?

I also like the controller, though I've heard of issues with the thumbsticks?

I've heard of that too, but I've personally not had any issues with them and I've had my PS4 since launch.

Apparently the rubber wears off really easily. One solution is that you can replace the thumbsticks with Xbox One thumbsticks, and they'll work just as well. It involves taking the controller apart though, and there's apparently more 'play' to them which I think means they are looser. Same deadzones though.

So is No Man's Sky PS4 exclusive, or multiplatform but just shown off by Sony?

It's a multiplat title that changed to Sony launch exclusive. It is supposed to release for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC.

I'm guessing PS4 will be exclusive for a couple months along with PC. Then the game may be ported over to Wii U and Xbox One after.

No, it never had any platforms announced until Sony's conference.

After the initial PS4/PC debuts, the minimal waiting time for a xbone port clocks usually at six months, assuming Microsoft's retarded parity clauses don't get in the way. I don't know where you're getting WiiU from, Hello Games has no prior history of working with Nintendo platforms and trying to make it run on the system could cause quite a few headaches for such a tiny team. Anything's possible tho *shrugs*

It's a multiplat title that changed to Sony launch exclusive. It is supposed to release for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC.

I'm guessing PS4 will be exclusive for a couple months along with PC. Then the game may be ported over to Wii U and Xbox One after.

Or it could be like Transistor were that game was announced to come out on a range of platforms, but then comes out to PC and PS4 only.

I think I might go for the PS4 anyway just because of how simple it is. It has raw power in mind, and developers seem to be making (from what I hear) superior multiplatform titles on there. Also, I kind of like the idea of remote play if I do pick up a Vita at some point.

By the way, how quiet is the PS4, and what are the fans like?

I think I might go for the PS4 anyway just because of how simple it is. It has raw power in mind, and developers seem to be making (from what I hear) superior multiplatform titles on there. Also, I kind of like the idea of remote play if I do pick up a Vita at some point.

By the way, how quiet is the PS4, and what are the fans like?

It's pretty quiet. It's loud when it first loads up a disk but then it stays quiet onwards. It's not gonna make you ears bleed at all.

Why Destiny doesn't run at 60fps on PS4.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/17/destiny-60fps-not-happening-bungie-explains-why/

Basically, it doesn't run at 60fps on PS4 because they want all the platforms to have "the same experience"...they didn't want the PS4 version to be superior, and so they had to gimp the frame rate...shame really, but considerate I guess. PC gamers have been dealing with this for years so console gamers can't really complain.

An FPS centered ENTIRELY around multiplayer and it isn't 60 FPS.

We're in the 8th fucking console generation, damnit! If this is because it's a cross-gen game, than stop doing that, developers!

Cross gen needs to fucking die already.

Give it another year I guess. Personally makes no sense to me to lower a games possibilities because the older consoles can't handle it, that's kind of why the new ones exist and the old ones are well... old.

Last gen consoles have been out for 8 years (9 for 360). It's enough.

PS3/360 were brill until the last several years when I found out that PC was far ahead in terms of graphics. Then games like Sonic Generations can't even run native 720p.

Last gen had a good run, but it's time to move on.

I don't even like Destiny, but I feel for those who are those who got next-gen consoles to get a next-gen experience, only to get pinned down by cross-gen. We didn't pay $399 for a gimped framerate version.

No more blockbuster titles should go on these consoles anymore, I'm sorry. This new generation has already gotten to a very slow start, don't make it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An FPS centered ENTIRELY around multiplayer and it isn't 60 FPS.

We're in the 8th fucking console generation, damnit! If this is because it's a cross-gen game, than stop doing that, developers!

It is because it's a cross-gen game. Yes, as Discoid said, cross-gen needs to go...seriously, it's really hurting the new consoles.

The game is also not coming to PC. I don't understand this. Battlefield 4 ran at 60fps on the new consoles and 30fps on the old consoles...so why can't they do the same here. The old consoles are old and the new consoles are new after all. Take advantage of them!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-driveclub-could-be-the-racing-game-to-beat-this-year

Should bear saying again; DriveClub has insane attention to detail.

It's all being complemented now by a full weather system being prepared for release soon after launch, and being shown off for the first time at E3. On the Scottish glens of Loch Duich, turbulent weather rolls in, skies thickening before bursting onto the roads. Crowds at the side of the track reach for their macs and umbrellas, winds tug at the trackside scenery while puddles form in the divots and dips of the road surface, as well as across the grass of the glens and across the gravel - Evolution's very, very proud of its gravel, and rightly so.

Over in Norway, dawn breaks over powdered mountains, sending a dreamy purplish blue out across the environment. The heat from the sun dynamically melts the snow, with northern-facing surfaces reacting first. As that sun sets and a storm rolls in, road-signs are reflected in the slicked tarmac, while headlights catch individual rain droplets. The attention to detail is underlined when Evolution pauses the action and sweeps through the static action, ascending up through the clouds - DriveClub's game world is rendered all the way to the heavens, some two kilometres up.

PC gamers have been dealing with this for years so console gamers can't really complain.

Why can't we? 

It's an absolutely terrible excuse regardless as to how they try to spin it, if they didn't want to differ too much then just release a PS360 version!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why can't we? 

It's an absolutely terrible excuse regardless as to how they try to spin it, if they didn't want to differ too much then just release a PS360 version!

Still would've made no difference if Destiny is built from the ground up for the previous gen consoles or not as they clearly want all the versions to "feel the same"...for some reason. The game definitely can't run at 60fps on previous gen consoles. Yeah it's stupid and nonsensical considering other cross gen FPSs run at 60fps on the new consoles and 30fps on the previous consoles and no one complained about that, because it was to be expected.

This game shouldn't be cross gen to begin with really. It's a very ambitious game...unfortunately Activision like making all their games cross gen because it'll net them more profit obviously, and they need all the money they can get considering how expensive this project really is ($500+ million).

Not that i'm interested that much in destiny but I don't see the problem with cross gen, I mean a lot of people still play on these consoles and I feel it would dumb to just cut them cold turkey now and besides I feel as though it might just be a conscious decision by the developer more than it being on older consoles. I would say give it a year or two and then you'll probably start getting more exclusives (heck if E3's anything to go buy, PS4 is getting a good bit of those next year).

See? This is why I don't buy a PS4 or Xbox One. Not because I can get the game on PS3 or 360 (I'm not sure I want Destiny anyway) but because those supposedly next gen consoles have way too many cross gen titles and not enough exclusives! Buying a new console, you expect games that aren't available anywhere else. You know, exclusives! Hopefully this stupid cross gen thing won't last long and soon enough both PS4 and Xbox One will get a good library of exclusives which they are severely lacking in right now.

Buying a new console, you expect games that aren't available anywhere else. You know, exclusives! Hopefully this stupid cross gen thing won't last long and soon enough both PS4 and Xbox One will get a good library of exclusives which they are severely lacking in right now.

I don't care if they're HD remasters or if they're on other systems so long as they're significantly better.

PS360 hardware is what 8/9 years old? Developers are more or less at the limit with what they can do with them, so if they're going to cross platform or HD remaster give the next gen systems something which shows a clear increase or better performance.

Look at something like Dead Nation, the PS4 version of that is outstanding, even though it's more or less the PS3ita version. Everything technically is improved and it makes the other versions look completely blury.

But Destiny's excuse is poor and sounds like it was a port up as opposed to a port down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not that i'm interested that much in destiny but I don't see the problem with cross gen, I mean a lot of people still play on these consoles and I feel it would dumb to just cut them cold turkey now and besides I feel as though it might just be a conscious decision by the developer more than it being on older consoles. I would say give it a year or two and then you'll probably start getting more exclusives (heck if E3's anything to go buy, PS4 is getting a good bit of those next year).

Watch_Dogs is quite easily the biggest, most popular game to come out in the past few months. It was a sales behemoth that curbstomped the competition in May, and I can't think of anything else that has sold as high or as fast in recent times.

The sales breakdown?

PS4 ~ 46% 

XB1 ~ 29% 

360 ~ 14% 

PS3 ~ 11% 

Watch Dogs - > 1,200,000

Watch Dogs PS4 - > 575,000

Watch Dogs One - > 362,500

Watch Dogs 360 - > 175,000

Watch Dogs PS3 - > 132,000

It would have been a better game if it weren't on so many platforms. Cross-gen development is cancerous to a game's scope and assets. Games that don't have to worry about decade old hardware can potentially look better, run better, and be far larger in scope. There's a reason why every generation's best games tend to arrive in the second year onwards and are never cross-gen.

Note that with Watch_Dogs the PS4 version alone sold more than both the PS3 and 360 versions combined. PS360 sales total out to 307,000 - lower than both the PS4 and Xbox One sales respectively. Also bear in mind that had it been exclusive, those PS360 sales could have instead gone to the other consoles. 

It needs to end. I bitched and moaned about not being able to play the then upcoming Sonic 06 when I was a kid with no money, but I saved and got a PS3. 

• Thumbs Up 6