Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Project CARS looks better and that's coming to the PS4 also, but that's still impressive.

Whaaaaa

No way man. Project CARS looks nice but this is definitely a step above it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't believe this is running on a console sometimes. I know driving games aren't the most strenuous but man look at the flippin' tech in this game! I REALLY don't care that it's 30fps at this point.

Whaaaaa

No way man. Project CARS looks nice but this is definitely a step above it.

I feel that it's incredibly hard to compare the two. While DriveClub on PS4 seems to be sharper than Projects Cars on PS4, Driveclub runs at 30fps while Project Cars runs double that. For a racing game, 60fps is almost mandatory which is why it's incredibly disappointing that DRIVE CLUB with the graphical show-off route instead of a smooth experience that not only affects looks, but the gameplay itself. Gran Turismo 7 is reportedly going to run at 1080p and 60fps. I believe Forza runs in HD at 60fps. Project Cars runs at in HD at 60fps. When you're racing down the track at over 100 miles per hour, you really don't notice the extra details graphically. While it looks great in screenshots, it happens so fast in game that it begs the question if it was worth it.

I usually don't mind 30fps experience if it is locked but for racing games I have to play them at 60fps. It makes a huge difference and it's something you can actually feel. Driveclub running at a lower graphical setting at 60fps would be fantastic. It would be super smooth and feel life-like. The 30fps is a major drain and takes a lot out of the driving experience.

/whiny-spoiled-60fps-gamer

EDIT: MAJOR TYPO

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel that it's incredibly hard to compare the two. While DriveClub on PS4 seems to be sharper than Projects Cars on PS4, Driveclub runs at 30fps while Project Cars runs double that. For a racing game, 60fps is almost mandatory which is why it's incredibly disappointing that Project Cars with the graphical show-off route instead of a smooth experience that not only affects looks, but the gameplay itself. Gran Turismo 7 is reportedly going to run at 1080p and 60fps. I believe Forza runs in HD at 60fps. Project Cars runs at in HD at 60fps. When you're racing down the track at over 100 miles per hour, you really don't notice the extra details graphically. While it looks great in screenshots, it happens so fast in game that it begs the question if it was worth it.

I usually don't mind 30fps experience if it is locked but for racing games I have to play them at 60fps. It makes a huge difference and it's something you can actually feel. Driveclub running at a lower graphical setting at 60fps would be fantastic. It would be super smooth and feel life-like. The 30fps is a major drain and takes a lot out of the driving experience.

/whiny-spoiled-60fps-gamer

Are we talking about framerate or visuals? You said that Project CARS looks better.

Are we talking about framerate or visuals? You said that Project CARS looks better.

That was PSI Wind.

I was just chiming in saying that Driveclub will look better because it's running the game at half the framerate so it's kind of dumb to compare the two visuals.

That was PSI Wind.

I was just chiming in saying that Driveclub will look better because it's running the game at half the framerate so it's kind dumb to compare the two visuals.

Huh.

Sorry. Must be tired.

And yeah, I'm aware of the framerate thing. I know why the game looks better, which is why I'm curious about the notion that it doesn't look better at all. 

I said Driveclub and it's effects are still impressive graphic wise as well, I just personally think Cars looks better. Both look outstanding either way.

"For the hard drive, we thought does every player need downloadable content? Not every player does. But does every player need to play Watch Dogs the way it was intended? And you know, if you want to save money, unfortunately the answer is yes. Watch Dogs is a title that needed 15GB cached, very fast media on a hard drive or it wasn't going to be able to be played at the level the creator's wanted it to be. It was embedded on such a basic level."

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but "the way it was intended" sounds like the PC version WAS gimped because of the PS4 version, which isn't good.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. There was really no excuse for how PC Watch Dogs turned out. I can safely say that there are already games that have been out on PC for at least a couple of years now that look better.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but "the way it was intended" sounds like the PC version WAS gimped because of the PS4 version, which isn't good.

qué

"Third party devs needed a harddrive for caching data so we put one in". I don't see how you can think that.

It's not that. "The way it was intended" is generally a marketing ploy for the best version. I'm not saying I believe in it, but that was just me being paranoid about the word choice.

I'm really not sure I follow either, tbh. Watch_Dogs PC is just one more in a long line of Ubisoft fuck ups for the platform. There was a Jimquisition on it, even.

Nothing too major, but 'interesting' nonetheless (I guess)

Japan's getting a 'Frozen'-branded PS4.

It's just the two sisters visage branded on the system. That's about it really. Not even a 'special' bundle with a copy of the movie or something. But hey, Sony's just captializin' on the film's success there.

Sony can't let it go.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually really dig the look of that Frozen PS4. Is Frozen as popular in Japan as it is in the US? If so, I guess that this branded PS4 is a great idea.

not even white smh

Racist. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually really dig the look of that Frozen PS4. Is Frozen as popular in Japan as it is in the US? If so, I guess that this branded PS4 is a great idea.

From what I've been told, it's even more popular than it is in the US. It's their second highest grossing film ever, right below Spirited Away. A GAFfer in Japan mentioned walking into a store with Let it Go playing over the intercom in English, then going into another store to hear the exact same song in Japanese in the next store he went to. In July.

• 7 months later...

According to GAF, the next PS4 firmware not only has Suspend/Resume, but also button mapping. I'm really happy that we are finally getting the suspend and resume feature, no more five minute waits when loading into GTA V. The button mapping feature could be used for games with more anaemic control schemes too.

The blog post. 

Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing them.

Here are some of the other highly requested new features and changes coming soon in “Yukimura:”

Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.

Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.

Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.

Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.

Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.

Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.

The streaming fps update is fairly nice, as is the system-level remappable button feature. Hopefully it becomes standard in all consoles for people with disabilities.

60fps remote play is really nice, now I can play Minecraft PS4 on my Vita as well as TLOU Remasteted (the way it's supposed to be played).

PS4 sold 20.2 million worldwide if that skipped past anybody.

I'm gonna be a bit off-topic here, but does anyone know the power wattage on Xbox One when you suspend a game and then put it into rest mode/standby afterward? Trying to get an example here...

I need to know because I don't want to inflate the power bill when I suspend a game on my PS4 and then initiate rest mode overnight. Currently, it's at 10 watts according to Eurogamer, but suspending a game may increase it. Is the Xbone like that, or what?

Wow, we lost that 3 page destiny chat. ah well, all for the best.

good to see you guys getting some neat improvements. Why Dailymotion though? why not youtube?

Wow, we lost that 3 page destiny chat. ah well, all for the best.

good to see you guys getting some neat improvements. Why Dailymotion though? why not youtube?

We have YouTube already, though personally I just copy my Sharefactory vids to USB and upload them via PC. Less compression that way.