Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

PlayStation Now Private Beta coming to the UK this Spring.

Want to be one of the first people in the UK to give PlayStation Now a try?

We’re offering exclusive private beta access to selected PlayStation Plus members to experience PS Now on their PlayStation 4 system. All you have to do is register your details below, answer a few questions about you and the way you play, and you could be taking part in this exciting gaming revolution.

I've registered:

Success Thank you for registering

We’ve received your responses – we’ll be in touch soon if you’re selected to take part in the PS Now closed beta.

Just a heads up, PS4 firmware 2.50 is out tomorrow and adds Suspend/Resume, Extrenal HDD Backups, Accessibility options, trophy improvements, 60fps Share/Remote Play, and searching through Facebook friends for PS4 users.

Also, there will be a firmware for Vita to allow the 60fps remote play.

PS4 sold 20.2 million worldwide if that skipped past anybody.

It's great to see Sony doing so well again in the gaming market. I only wish there were more exclusives for the console that actually interested me. Where's my Ratchet & Clank HD that's supposedly coming out this year? 8(

I feel as though I have gotten my money's worth so far but I do agree with you there. Though by the sound of things, Bloodborne and Tearaway Unfolded will probably cement my satisfaction with the system this year, and that's not even including Media Molecule's new project. It's mainly third party stuff I'm interested in but more exclusives like Bloodborne would be really nice.

Honestly I was happy with mine from the beginning but I can agree that BB is the first killer app, must have game. Last year though I got Metal Gear, Transistor, Octodad, and DRIVECLUB all of which I straight up loved. I think the "no gaemz" thing was always kinda dumb.

Welp, I've installed the new update and my PS4 hasn't blown up. Seriously though, suspend and resume is really cool. Not sure I'll use it for anything other than avoiding the initial loading screen for GTA V, but it's a really nice thing to have.

Not sure about the new Playstation Store placement of the dashboard though, but I'll probably get used to it.

Sony just sent me this....

An awesome number of people have registered a PS4. We’re so grateful that we’d like to give you something in return – a movie on us.

Basically, for owning a PS4, Sony have given me a free movie... I got The Damned United.

I don't really want to watch this film so might give away the code, anyone else get a movie code?

I haven't gotten a movie code, maybe only for PS+ users or something?

In any case while I am disappointed in PS4's current offerings (I have way more on Vita than I do on PS4) I'm happy I've been able to get FF Type-0 and Transistor, but PS4 still isn't delivering much of my kind of game yet and Tearaway (which I will buy) is a game I already own on Vita.

It really is a shame that Bloodborne isn't my kind of game because it really does sound like the perfect first party exclusive to cement PS4's place as a good system to own.

Did you get the code by e-mail?

Yup.

I haven't gotten a movie code, maybe only for PS+ users or something?

Nothing to suggest that, just says 'thanks for helping to make PS4 a success.

Basically, for owning a PS4, Sony have given me a free movie... I got The Damned United.

I don't really want to watch this film so might give away the code, anyone else get a movie code?

I got a code for the same film too. Too bad I have no interest in watching it.

I got this as well,

I have with Tales of the Borderlands. Massive difference. =D Navigating the PS4 menu on remote play is a lot more smoother too.

PSTV looks more attractive now since you can remote play PS4 games 1080/60FPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, Suspend/Resume is some good current gen shit! I've finally tried it and its flippin' awesome! A shame that the PS4 is such a power hog at Rest Mode but oh well.

I'm guessing the suspend/resume feature was geared more towards games then anything else. Had it suspend while watching Hulu and the app got all sorts of F'd up on resume that I had trouble closing it out and restarting it. Given, I still love the feature.

Oh man, Suspend/Resume is some good current gen shit! I've finally tried it and its flippin' awesome! A shame that the PS4 is such a power hog at Rest Mode but oh well.

The PS4's rest mode (with a game suspended) is apparently 4.5Watts. The Xbox One's rest mode with a game suspended is 14Watts, so 4.5 is actually pretty reasonable in comparison. However, when it comes to power effeciancy, Wii U takes the cake (though it does have weaker hardware and lacks a suspend/resume feature so keeping it energy effecient can't be that difficult).

I want it. :( Dat grey console, dat pearl grey controller, dat Batman silhouette.

Oh well, great to see they're making a regular bundle though. It would be perfect for people who want to launch into current gen.

I want it. :( Dat grey console, dat pearl grey controller, dat Batman silhouette.

I really like the Batman silhouette personally, but I can understand why people don't like it. I really want a standalone pearl grey controller though.

Also, in case anyone missed it, Spotify is out now on PS4. Simply put, it's a brilliant feature, one of my favourites now actually. You can control it with your phone too which makes it more convenient.