Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

They are both limited edition if I understood correctly, but I can't imagine them being as limited as the actual anniversary console. I might pick the controller up.

Since we don't have a PS3 thread for some reason or another, figured may as well ask here. Anybody got some good PS3 suggestions? I'm (hopefully) finally picking one up next week, and I'm always on the lookout for interesting games with unique stories and gameplay that aren't nessecarily mainstream, so I thought I would ask. Yes, I'm already planning to pick up all the PS3 Rachet and Clanks(even the not as great ones, theres 6 total right? Weapons of destruction, crack in time, forward assualt, all for one, quest for booty, and into the nexus), and I'm interested in grabbing some ps1 classics too (and likely Sly theives in time for old times sake)

So any thoughts or suggestions?

Just so you know, Quest for Booty is only available physically in Europe. It's digital-only in the US. Though, I doubt it would be region locked.

If you haven't played them, the Mass Effect games are great. You can get them cheap in the trilogy collection. Don't know how the PS3 versions are, though, as I've only played them on 360.

Just so you know, Quest for Booty is only available physically in Europe. It's digital-only in the US. Though, I doubt it would be region locked.

If you haven't played them, the Mass Effect games are great. You can get them cheap in the trilogy collection. Don't know how the PS3 versions are, though, as I've only played them on 360.

Eh, I've played the first one, they aren't high up on my list. I was planning to get it digitally, the ps3 I'm getting is a 80 gig, which while not huge can handle that and a decent chunk of PS1 classics

Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is a must get as far as exclusive go. That and The Last of Us are Naughty Dog's best games and they should be easy to find now

Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is a must get as far as exclusive go. That and The Last of Us are Naughty Dog's best games and they should be easy to find now

Actually, I'm getting Uncharted 2 with it,(though want to see if I can talk down the price by not taking the other games he has with it), have no interest in TLOU though, I hate Zombie games, and it seems too cinematic to me(Jak and Daxter is still my favorite Naughty Dog series). Also a focus on system exclusives is preferred, most multiplats I may have on PC, or am just generally not interested in.

Considered Twisted Metal, I enjoy having games where I can just let loose and destroy stuff

Actually, I'm getting Uncharted 2 with it,(though want to see if I can talk down the price by not taking the other games he has with it), have no interest in TLOU though, I hate Zombie games, and it seems too cinematic to me(Jak and Daxter is still my favorite Naughty Dog series). Also a focus on system exclusives is preferred, most multiplats I may have on PC, or am just generally not interested in.

Considered Twisted Metal, I enjoy having games where I can just let loose and destroy stuff

SInce you're playing UC2, might as well play UC3. Never played it (except for like 30mins of the second one) but you could play infamous 1 and 2. Play God of War 3, Ascension, and maybe the first two. Lastly try MGS4

So any thoughts or suggestions?

Demon's Souls is still top of the class (along with Bloodborne).

Nier as a game is rather mediocre but if you want interesting story/characters it's got you covered, and on your first playthrough will still throw quite a few curveballs in terms of gameplay concepts. Be sure to do a NG+ because the second run gives you +50% lore.

Yakuza is the most consistently awesome SEGA franchise. 3 and 4 are out and 5 is coming out this year.

Look at this

LE2j787.gif

Just look

vfIxgzg.gif

Maybe after Sony's done localizing Y5 they could help bringing Yakuza 0 to PS4 in the west.

• Thumbs Up 2

Demon's Souls is still top of the class (along with Bloodborne).

Nier as a game is rather mediocre but if you want interesting story/characters it's got you covered, and on your first playthrough will still throw quite a few curveballs in terms of gameplay concepts. Be sure to do a NG+ because the second run gives you +50% lore.

Yakuza is the most consistently awesome SEGA franchise. 3 and 4 are out and 5 is coming out this year.

Look at this

LE2j787.gif

Just look

vfIxgzg.gif

Maybe after Sony's done localizing Y5 they could help bringing Yakuza 0 to PS4 in the west.

I'm sorry if you already have any of these games, I don't know which consoles you already own, so this list is purely based on my knowledge of the PS3 library alone.

Rayman Origins and Legends - Two amazing 2D platforming games, with 4-player co-op to boot.

Sonic Adventure 1/2 - Just in case you don't have these already

Megaman 1-4,8, 9-10 - Pretty much all of the classic series available on the PSN, almost all of them are great games, and I recommend.

Megaman X4/5 - Both are considered some of the best out of the X series.

Persona 4/3- If you're into JRPGs

Crash Bandicoot/Spyro the Dragon PSOne games - Those are a must have.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night - An amazing Metroidvania style game.

The Batman Arkham Series, maybe skipping Origins, since it's not considered that good.

LittleBigPlanet series, if you still need your fix on 2D games

Journey, if it's in your tastes

InFAMOUS, another must have for the PS3

Shadow of the Colossus and ICO, both highly praised games with unique and interesting gameplay.

Uncharted and Last of Us for that Naughty Dog fix.

Bayonetta if you like action adventure games

The Metal Gear Legacy Collection if you're already not familiar with the series

Metal Gear Rising for more of that Action Adventure games fix.

I don't know if I can recommend DMC since I have not played the games, but I hear some good stuff about them

Same for Jak and Daxter

Tomb Raider, the reboot and the old ones.

Sonic Generations, Obviously

The TellTales Back to the Future games

RE4 if it's on the PSN

Mortal Kombat 9 or X

Far Cry series

Shovel Knight, now that's on the PSN.

Psychonauts, also on the PSN

Shadows of Mordor, the best assassins' creed style game as of now.

The Godzilla PS3 game once it comes out here.

No More Heroes, I recall it was ported for the PS3

Any of the Metal Slug games on the PSN

Toy Story 2 and Hercules which are PSOne classics on the PSN.

Saints Row series, maybe the third and fourth games only

Sly Cooper Trillogy and Thieves in Time

The God of War series

And if you're feeling crazy, Sonic 06

Again, sorry if you already own most of these games, these are what I'd recommend of the PS3 Library for anyone.

I'm sorry if you already have any of these games, I don't know which consoles you already own, so this list is purely based on my knowledge of the PS3 library alone.

*list*

Again, sorry if you already own most of these games, these are what I'd recommend of the PS3 Library for anyone.

Yes, there are a lot of PS2 Classics on the PSN Store, SotC and ICO are there, but they both are available in one single physical collection for the PS3, same for DMC and Journey. I can't help you wth Misadventures of Tron Bonne, I still got to pick that one up

The Crash Bandicoot and Spyro Series, I'd say you should only pick up the second and third games of each frachise, as the first ones are mostly still experimental, and the second ones improved in every single way possible.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night pretty much made the Metroidvania genre, and it's chockfull of content and replayabillity

The LittleBigPlanet series is mostly a platformer with really creative levels and a level maker so you can play even more once you're done with the main game stuff.

Journey is mostly artsy, but it is a pretty cool experience and can leave quite the impression.

Yes, there are a lot of PS2 Classics on the PSN Store, SotC and ICO are there, but they both are available in one single physical collection for the PS3, same for DMC and Journey. I can't help you wth Misadventures of Tron Bonne, I still got to pick that one up

The Crash Bandicoot and Spyro Series, I'd say you should only pick up the second and third games of each frachise, as the first ones are mostly still experimental, and the second ones improved in every single way possible.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night pretty much made the Metroidvania genre, and it's chockfull of content and replayabillity

The LittleBigPlanet series is mostly a platformer with really creative levels and a level maker so you can play even more once you're done with the main game stuff.

Journey is mostly artsy, but it is a pretty cool experience and can leave quite the impression.

Hm, ok then, well like I said, grew up with Spyro 1, I know it can be a pain. Thanks for the insight overall though, as I have to pick and choose carefully with digital(its only a 80 GB model), think I may wind up getting most of those, though LBP is low-down on my list

I also just took a quick look at the PS2 classics list, and saw they have Podracers revenge, which is a must get for me(a physical ps2 copy is nice-ish, but having it on a system with wireless remotes is nice)

Still open for suggestions, though obviously I'm going for physical over digital... oh yeah Legend of the Dragoon was a PSOne classic I was considering.

Edit: so wait, so you can play actual PSOne games on the PS3?

Yep, the PS3 can run PSOne games without a problem, but, I think only REALLY old models can run PS2 games, since having a PSOne emulating hardware on the PS3 wasn't so hard, but the PS2 emulating hardware was pretty hard and expensive to add on the PS3, dunno tho', I think the 80GB model could very well be one of the models that ran PS2 games.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/232/~/play-playstation%2Fplaystation-2-games-on-playstation-3-system

Use this  once you get the PS3 to check if it is PS2 compatible, just in case.

Also if the problem is disk space, all the games you buy are saved on your download list from your PSN account, so you can just delete the games you already beat and will have no interest on beating it again for a while from your HD and you can still download them again anytime you want.

Yep, the PS3 can run PSOne games without a problem, but, I think only REALLY old models can run PS2 games, since having a PSOne emulating hardware on the PS3 wasn't so hard, but the PS2 emulating hardware was pretty hard and expensive to add on the PS3, dunno tho', I think the 80GB model could very well be one of the models that ran PS2 games.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/232/~/play-playstation%2Fplaystation-2-games-on-playstation-3-system

Also if the problem is disk space, all the games you buy are saved on your download list from your PSN account, so you can just delete the games you already beat and will have no interest on beating it again for a while from your HD and you can still download them again anytime you want.

It depends on which 80gb model, there's like two different one's with different product numbers, I sadly have the newer 80gb one so I can't run any ps2 games.

Pretty sure its the newer one, but no big problem, as its just a convenience issue, and buying digital is nice when its cheaper. Also memory management is important when you don't know when you will have internet

Thought I would pop in here again and see if anyone has any other suggestions to throw at me, should be picking up the PS3 so I may look around a little this weekend

Sorry for another double post, but here's my current collection, managed to get a great catch. PS3 is a original style 80 GB, 2 first party controllers, one 3rd party wired. got it with about 10 random games, I only kept Uncharted 2, Mortal Kombat Vs DCU, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Need For Speed Shift(kept the latter 2 because they wouldn't get me any trade-in value. the rest I managed to trade in for $31 dollars trade in at Gamestop, and got lucky enough to catch a buy 2 get one free sale, so I got Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Ico and Shadow of the colossus collection, with Sly Cooper Thieves in time as my freebee, then Ratchet & Clank Future a Crack in Time, Infamous, and Infamous 2 as a freebee with the total out of my pocket being 30. Then I grabbed R&C Into the Nexus(which has a free quest for Booty code!) at Walmart for $20(which saves me 15$!). So I now have a good starting collection of 12 games, along with the system and 2 good controllers for a total of $160. A pretty good catch if I say so myself.

Planning to get a couple of PSone classics, current one planned is misadventures of Bonne Tron, and I was considering Legend of the Dragoon or Chrono Cross though(haven't played Chrono Trigger though)

• Thumbs Up 1

Are they still selling white PS4's? Or are they now out of production?

I'm pretty sure it was just for the destiny bundle, so they are most likely out of production. Walmart still has white controllers though lol

I think in europe is where they sold it standalone 

Well that's unfortunate. The black looks alright but the white looks so much better. It'd be nice if they could sell both colors. Kinda like how the Wii U is available in white and black, but without the downgrades.