Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Jak & Daxter Collection is quite frankly tied with the Sly Collection as the best port. All three games look great in HD, and have absolutely no new issues or glitches that weren't in the original releases, other than a texture bug for one minute in Jak 2. In general, it's really fucking great and if you loved the PS2 versions, you'll love the PS3 port.

Zone of the Enders HD is meant to be complete shit from what I've heard though. Apparently it has a whole mess of glitches and issues in it. 

Jak & Daxter Collection is quite frankly tied with the Sly Collection as the best port. All three games look great in HD, and have absolutely no new issues or glitches that weren't in the original releases, other than a texture bug for one minute in Jak 2. In general, it's really fucking great and if you loved the PS2 versions, you'll love the PS3 port.

Zone of the Enders HD is meant to be complete shit from what I've heard though. Apparently it has a whole mess of glitches and issues in it. 

Ok then, any robot/giant mech style games on the PS3 you can recommend? Also got some PSone/2 classics I'm considering but waiting to see if they pop up in the summer sales... say is Breath of Fire 4 any good? also been considering Pac man World(childhood nostalgia), and SW Racers Revenge

Zone of the Enders 1 works alright -not ideal but since it's like 2 hours long, that port is fine.

Zone of the Enders 2 was a really, really shitty port. Then Hexadrive came along and released a patch that makes it the absolute definitive version on PS3. Silky smooth framerate, excellent IQ, gorgeous celshading and particles everywhere. When it comes to gameplay it's literally the best mech game ever. Fully recommended.

BoF4 is also an excellent PS1 RPG (tho I personally liked 3 better). Chinese-y setting, great sprite work, fantastic cast and tons to do. Still have my original CD around.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Zone of the Enders 1 works alright -not ideal but since it's like 2 hours long, that port is fine.

Zone of the Enders 2 was a really, really shitty port. Then Hexadrive came along and released a patch that makes it the absolute definitive version on PS3. Silky smooth framerate, excellent IQ, gorgeous celshading and particles everywhere. When it comes to gameplay it's literally the best mech game ever. Fully recommended.

BoF4 is also an excellent PS1 RPG (tho I personally liked 3 better). Chinese-y setting, great sprite work, fantastic cast and tons to do. Still have my original CD around.

Well 3 isn't on the PSN, just getting 4 because its 3$ and I'm curious. Just picked up a 20$ PSN card, so that's currently what I have for the summer sale. Thought I could get a 30$ one but I couldn't. So unless something big pops out of nowhere, that's what I'm dealing with. I have 2 games I want, and if they go on sale, then awesome, if not I'll probably wait until after the sale because I want them either way

Edit: hopefully a PS2 game I want drops down to 3, current ones are the Bloodrayne games, and I'm not interested. Warhawk looks interesting, but I'd rather wait and see what goes up next week. Actually the sale makes it a nice deal, with the card I currently have I can get 5 $3 games, and 1 $5. Hopefully some stuff I'm after pops up

Edited by Mando

Yeah, the ZoE collection is perfect now so i'd definitely recommend getting that (not to mention its pretty cheap nowadays too) and also get Armored Core 4 Answer if you can find it, thats another gem.

Yeah, the ZoE collection is perfect now so i'd definitely recommend getting that (not to mention its pretty cheap nowadays too) and also get Armored Core 4 Answer if you can find it, thats another gem.

Well, I have armored Core 4, what about that one?

Well, I have armored Core 4, what about that one? 

Its basically 4 but with more content from what I heard and it has and has a completely different single player mode (which does have online co-op but I doubt anybody is still using it with how long the games been out). So in short I guess you could consider somewhat of an expansion.

Say, is Strider 2 any good? seems to be the only one of the current summer sale run I want(since I got Okami on wii, and beyond good and evil on PC)... it also seems that all the PSOne classics so far have all been Capcom, this week is oversaturated with classic megaman... if only they would add legends. I'm trying to use my funds cleverly, anyone else want to check the ps3 psn summer sale and see if there is anything you would recommend? currently trying to get the best possible deals, and working best I can within a budget and not going crazy... not that there has been much to go crazy over

Action-platformer; Iconoclasts Coming to PS4, PS Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/29/action-platformer-iconoclasts-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita/

-snipped out some stuff here-

Looks quite good.

Ahh this is my buddy's game! It is quite good actually!! I mean I haven't played this version of the game but I have played the earlier alpha he released years ago on the PC and it was brilliant then. It only looks like it has gotten ten times better since. Besides, Konjak is a really nice swell dude who all of you should support. He's one of my favourite people making games right now :).

• Thumbs Up 2

Sony are making a projector for the PS4.

Sony recently revealed a companion accessory for the PlayStation 4 console at a media event. We got a chance to get our hands on their upcoming mobile projector, which ran a demo of the PlayStation 4 exclusive game, Until Dawn.

Here are the key features that caught our attention:

• Laser Technology.
  • Auto Focus & Free Focus modes.
  • Can project up to 120 inch screen size.
  • 1920 x 720 resolution.
  • HDMI/MHL connection.
  • There is a tiny internal speaker to output audio, but most of us will plugging in a headset or external speakers to the stereo earphone jack.
  • The form factor of the device is really small. About the size of two Sony Xperia phones stacked together!

Details are scarce at the moment, but it looks to be launching in October 2015.

The biggest question now is how much will it cost?

sonyprojector3.jpg

sonyprojector2.jpg

MP-CL1_front-right.jpg 

• Thumbs Up 3

System software update 3.00 details leaked

Main Points

• [Events] has been added to the main menu. From a PlayStation-related events list, you can now discover, participate, and view events.
  • [Community] has been added to the [Friends] menu. [Community] is a feature that lets you find close players with similar preferences and interests. You can create a new community or join a previously established community. Through the community, you can get into games and parties, and discuss common interests.
  • In [Now Playing], users will see a list of what users are playing, and from that list can easily start a game or form a party. You can also request to view a user’s gameplay. [Now Playing] has been added to What’s New, [Friends], [Community], and [Messages].
  • [Messages] have been improved. You can view the [Now Playing] of other users, as well as easily start a party. Additionally, you can also add favorite groups to your favorites list.
  • It is now possible to broadcast using YouTube.
  • It is now possible to upload video clips to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum.)

• [Live from PlayStation] has been improved. Not only does it support broadcasts, it now supports video clips and screenshots.

Settings

• In [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Automatic Scroll Speed] it is now possible to change the speed of automatic scrolling.
  • In [Settings] > [Notifications], “Community Items,” “Gameplay Viewing Requests,” “Events,” and “Current Song” have been added.

Miscellaneous

• You can now comment on What’s New activity feed items.
  • [Stamps] have been added to [Messages], allowing for more enjoyable communication with friends.
  • [PlayStation Plus] has been added to the main menu. Here, you can get the latest information on the Instant Game Collection and member discounts.
  • The Blu-ray Disc/DVD player now supports accessibility features. The scope of other accessibility features have been improved.
  • You can now set game start-up restrictions while viewing its age information and rating icon.
  • You can now create a child’s use sub-account from the user selection screen by selecting [New User].
  • From [Settings] > [Parental Control], you can now set a service to block harmful websites from being displayed. (There is a separate fee to use this service.)

The community feature sounds interesting, and I'm happy that YouTube broadcasting is happening as well. 

Who wants to do the honours of creating the SSMB community then?  

Say, realized I may as well pop in here with this, Well that stinks, NA's PSN summer sale was only 2 weeks long, thought they said it was longer. Well this weeks sale is decent though, half off all Square Enix PS1 classics. Now I need advice, I got $14 in credit on PSN, and I've already decided to grab Chrono Cross. Now I got $9 worth of credit left(and I wanna maximize it, so all $3 games, so no Final Fantasty), so do you guys have any recommendations out of these? Parasite Eve 1 or 2, Front Mission 3, Legend of Mana, or Vagrant Story. and of course I can just wait and see if there's a flash sale this weekend or for next week's sale. Thought I'd ask and see

May as well mention some classics I'm hoping will go on sale, for me it's primarily Pac-Man World, and Star Wars Racers Revenge. wouldn't mind the Spyro or Crash games, or heck Gex, but primarily waiting for sales... too bad Gex isn't in the current one.

Parasite Eve 1 or 2, Front Mission 3, Legend of Mana, or Vagrant Story

All of these are great but Parasite Eve is legit amazing and I can guarantee you've not played another RPG like it. That modern setting and Shimomura soundtrack, goddam. Featuring the best female lead in all of videogames, beating Samus (but just barely).

The sequel got flak for switching to a RE-ish approach but it's also fantastic with tons of unlockables and replay value. Actually fixes a bunch of pet peeves I had with the first (ie: "biomagics" are properly categorized). Easily contender for best PS1 graphics as well.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge PE fanboy and the day a PS4 installment of the franchise is revealed I will literally die (that tease in the FFVII:R trailer!). But they'll have to retcon the PSP game because the plot for that was some utter shit.

All of these are great but Parasite Eve is legit amazing and I can guarantee you've not played another RPG like it. That modern setting and Shimomura soundtrack, goddam. Featuring the best female lead in all of videogames, beating Samus (but just barely).

The sequel got flak for switching to a RE-ish approach but it's also fantastic with tons of unlockables and replay value. Actually fixes a bunch of pet peeves I had with the first (ie: "biomagics" are properly categorized). Easily contender for best PS1 graphics as well.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge PE fanboy and the day a PS4 installment of the franchise is revealed I will literally die (that tease in the FFVII:R trailer!). But they'll have to retcon the PSP game because the plot for that was some utter shit.

Well, @Hogfather recommended me Front Mission 3, and I already planned to get Chrono Cross so those 2 would help round me out, and nothing else out of the current deal is grabbing me. And if something  I desperately need is on sale next week I can always grab another PSN 20$ card.

Hmm that reminds me that I have copies of Dino Crisis and Resident Evil(PS1 both obviously), I should consider giving them a go hunh?

Has anyone else had issues signing into PSN/ doing anything online related on PS3 and 4? 

https://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network

This has been happening to me since last monday

Last year I was having some problems and in the end it ended up fixing itself after awhile, not really sure whats the cause.

• [Community] has been added to the [Friends] menu. [Community] is a feature that lets you find close players with similar preferences and interests. You can create a new community or join a previously established community. Through the community, you can get into games and parties, and discuss common interests.

Bagsie setting up the SSMB community. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is actually starting to tick me off 

I guess one solution you could try is to reset your router and see if that works at all.

I guess one solution you could try is to reset your router and see if that works at all.

lol dude I've tried doing everything humanly possible, doing that, re-forwarding ports, lowering firewall, contacting comcast, it has to be an issue on sony's side. 

lol dude I've tried doing everything humanly possible, doing that, re-forwarding ports, lowering firewall, contacting comcast, it has to be an issue on sony's side. 

It can't be if others aren't having the same issue