Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

It can't be if others aren't having the same issue

I know two friends who said they couldn't either and when I called comcast they said a bunch of people had been calling about the same thing, and interestingly the dude who I was speaking too even said he had some issues sign in for a few days too, but that it randomly started working for him. The dude I talked to at sony also said they had received calls with people having the same issue, and people also have been reporting it on downdector.

There was a point to where I could at least sign in once a day and when I signed out it wouldn't let me back in, now it's not letting me in at all anymore, I might try doing everything again to see if it at least lets me in once. 

EDIT: @Hogfather Already tried that, even when I called comcast to unlock it so I could do it they did a Dmz on the entire router, and lowered the firewall, still no luck, I was thinking of trying it again though 

Edited by Vectorman

I know two friends who said they couldn't either and when I called comcast they said a bunch of people had been calling about the same thing, and interestingly the dude who I was speaking too even said he had some issues sign in for a few days too, but that it randomly started working for him. The dude I talked to at sony also said they had received calls with people having the same issue, and people also have been reporting it on downdector.

There was a point to where I could at least sign in once a day and when I signed out it wouldn't let me back in, now it's not letting me in at all anymore, I might try doing everything again to see if it at least lets me in once.

Then is that not a Comcast issue?

Then is that not a Comcast issue?

Yes they all called comcast because sony tells you to call comcast/ your isp to re-forward ports, which for me at least, did not work, they also did a bunch of other things that should have made it work but it still doesn't, the internet test started working but still wouldn't let me sign in, and now the internet test doesn't work anymore. Actually after calling them it seems that my internet is faster now lol. Also one of my friends doesn't even have comcast and it's not working for him. And another friend who I know has comcast and lives near doesn't have any issues signing in. I was thinking of going to a relatives house to use their internet to see if it works because that is also what they recommend. 

Edited by Vectorman

Until Dawn interactive trailer:

Which choice will you make?????????

I chose "defend"

I'm going to get Until Dawn. Looks like a fun game. Similar to Heavy Rain in terms of the choices you make effects the outcome.

It can't be if others aren't having the same issue

I had the same issue about a year back and i'm almost positive it has to be something on sony's end since I never had problems like that with anything else in my house.

I had the same issue about a year back and i'm almost positive it has to be something on sony's end since I never had problems like that with anything else in my house.

hmm how long did it happen for you?

and last night I was finally able to get in, yeah i'm not turning my ps3 off until the maintenance comes lol 

hmm how long did it happen for you?

and last night I was finally able to get in, yeah i'm not turning my ps3 off until the maintenance comes lol 

I can't remember too clearly but I think it lasted for about a month or so.

I can't remember too clearly but I think it lasted for about a month or so.

jeez a month? it's been a litte over two weeks for me so far, there was supposed to be maintenace 2 days ago but they postponed it, hopefully the did it so they can work on network issues, but for the time being, i'm not signing out lol 

• 1 month later...

Oh Sony.

Only you guys could keep leaking games through ratings.

So, interestingly enough, PS2 games are finally coming to PS4. EU Ratings have surfaced for a few classics on PS4. What games?

651493-dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg Twisted_Metal_Black.jpg Ape_Escape_2_Coverart.png

Ape Escape 2, Twisted Metal Black, and Dark Cloud 2 have all been rated for PS4, and on top of that, the latest firmware update had hints towards it, such Siren (PS2) being spotted on the Live From Playstation thing.

Sources:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps2-classics-ape-escape-dark-chronicle-rated-for-p/1100-6430520/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/22/evidence-points-ps2-games-ps4-thanks-firmware-update-3-00-beta/

What I'm wondering if it's going to be all ps2 games or similar to the early versions of the ps3 where only a select few were playable. 

What I'm wondering if it's going to be all ps2 games or similar to the early versions of the ps3 where only a select few were playable. 

It's PS2 Classics. You won't be able to play PS2 discs, but rather you will be able to buy them from the Playstation Store like you can on PS3.

Hopefully all upcoming PS2 classics will come to the PS3 as well, always wanted to try the Ape Escape series(oh and get dark cloud 2, though I have the first one on the actual PS2 though I've never played it)

Also, Megaman Legends is coming to PSN next week

Edited by Mando

Hopefully all upcoming PS2 classics will come to the PS3 as well, always wanted to try the Ape Escape series

Also, Megaman Legends is coming to PSN next week

And it's almost definitely not coming to the EU. Because Capcom are fucking pricks to the UK and EU when it comes to Mega Man.

If there is anything you guys should spend your money on its definitely dark cloud 2. Trust me, your wallet will THANK you for it.

The PS2 classics will also be up-ressed and have trophy support, if the Star Wars ones are anything to go by. It's not BC, but there's some degree of effort going into them so I'm not complaining. 

Oh Sony.

Only you guys could keep leaking games through ratings.

So, interestingly enough, PS2 games are finally coming to PS4. EU Ratings have surfaced for a few classics on PS4. What games?

651493-dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg Twisted_Metal_Black.jpg Ape_Escape_2_Coverart.png

Ape Escape 2, Twisted Metal Black, and Dark Cloud 2 have all been rated for PS4, and on top of that, the latest firmware update had hints towards it, such Siren (PS2) being spotted on the Live From Playstation thing.

Sources:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps2-classics-ape-escape-dark-chronicle-rated-for-p/1100-6430520/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/22/evidence-points-ps2-games-ps4-thanks-firmware-update-3-00-beta/

oooooooooooooooooo Dark Cloud 2.....now I'm just hoping for Ape Escape 3 and um......maybe a revival of the series....... come on Sony.....come on

Firmware 3.0 is out, and adds communities. I believe Hogfather called dibs on creating it so I would leave it to him. It will need to be set so that you can only join by being invited or if you request it and get accepted though,mot prevent 'outsiders' from getting in. 

Also, YouTube game streaming and PNG screenshots are in. 

If you create a community, have meme in mind when looking for someone to add. My PS name Is the same as was my PS3.

Dreadknux has beaten  me to it.

There is an official TSS PS4 community. Just need to find a spare hour as to look into the community feature and figure out the best way to aid people in finding it and joining.

Is anyone else getting a glitch where a notification keeps popping, claiming there's new messages in the SSMB Community, only for there to be none?

Is anyone else getting a glitch where a notification keeps popping, claiming there's new messages in the SSMB Community, only for there to be none?

It's not a glitch, you cannot see those messages because you don't have a SSMB Gold subscription.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's not a glitch, you cannot see those messages because you don't have a SSMB Gold subscription.

I genuinely don't know if you're actually being serious or not. =o

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you guys like PS Now, because backwards compatibility is now, 100% off the table.

Yoshida-san gave a clear cut answer on the fact that PS4 won’t have backwards compatibility with PS3 (literally, the answer was “no” on whether it’s going to happen or not).