Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Though to be fair, we are getting upscaled versions of the games with trophy support and such, so while it does suck that we have to buy them again (nevermind the higher price since its most likely to compensate for the added features) I can't really say its completely unfair. 

I'm sorry, but does someone have a list of the highlights of the recent PlayStation event? I missed it, of course. :/

I'm sorry, but does someone have a list of the highlights of the recent PlayStation event? I missed it, of course. :/

• New Uncharted 4 trailer
  • Crash t-shirt trolling
  • FF7 Remake gameplay + FF7 port released
  • Ono preemptively leaks all SFV characters before the fanbase does
  • More indies including DOTT gameplay, Full Throttle HD and a VR Psychonauts episode
  • Yakuza 5 coming this week on PS3 and Yakuza 0 coming next year on PS4 both of which you should preorder right now
  • New videos for known games coming next year like Ratchet or Nioh
  • VR segment with new game announcements (Golem, 100ft Robot Golf, etc)
  • Mother fucking Ace Combat 7 with VR support and none of this real world bullshit in Assault Horizon
  • Delicious Ninokuni 2 announced
  • Some EPIC moba thing
  • Thumbs Up 1

• New Uncharted 4 trailer
  • Crash t-shirt trolling
  • FF7 Remake gameplay + FF7 port released
  • Ono preemptively leaks all SFV characters before the fanbase does
  • More indies including DOTT gameplay, Full Throttle HD and a VR Psychonauts episode
  • Yakuza 5 coming this week on PS3 and Yakuza 0 coming next year on PS4 both of which you should preorder right now
  • New videos for known games coming next year like Ratchet or Nioh
  • VR segment with new game announcements (Golem, 100ft Robot Golf, etc)
  • Mother fucking Ace Combat 7 with VR support and none of this real world bullshit in Assault Horizon
  • Delicious Ninokuni 2 announced
  • Some EPIC moba thing

You sir, are a hero. Thank you very much. c:

• 2 weeks later...

well least the second week of the PSN christmas sale has a couple games I've been wanting, definately getting Star Wars Racers Revenge, but not sure on Bounty Hunter, or armored Core, or Xevious PS1, any thoughts on those? (no interest in a steam winter sale, I got plenty of PC games right now. Also I do mean the PS3 versions not PS4

well least the second week of the PSN christmas sale has a couple games I've been wanting, definately getting Star Wars Racers Revenge, but not sure on Bounty Hunter, or armored Core, or Xevious PS1, any thoughts on those? (no interest in a steam winter sale, I got plenty of PC games right now. Also I do mean the PS3 versions not PS4

Bounty Hunter is pretty fun although it's hard as hell.

Bounty Hunter is pretty fun although it's hard as hell.

Yah, used to have a physical copy, or I rented it, not sure, but it was fun

Anyone have any thoughts on armored Core, Boxing, Kickboxing or Xevious (all PS1 games)

I just haven't been finding too much on the console that attracts my interests...any suggestions?

Tales of the Borderlands.

Even if you hate Borderlands, it's a good TT game.

I was thinking more in exclusives. Isn't that one also available on the Xbone?

Though I've thought about giving the Borderlands franchise a shot more than once, since it certainly looks interesting...too bad the Handsome Collection doesn't have the original.

Though to be fair, we are getting upscaled versions of the games with trophy support and such, so while it does suck that we have to buy them again (nevermind the higher price since its most likely to compensate for the added features) I can't really say its completely unfair. 

And the VC games on the Wii U have off-TV Play and Save States, but at least I can purchase the "updated" versions of those with a HIGHLY reduced price. It's not like Sony never did that before either. They did it with the Vita with PSP physical games.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

More PS2 games incoming:

The PlayStation 2 Classics library on PlayStation 4 continues to expand. The latest addition, PS2 launch title FantaVision, was released this week. FantaVision's arrival, the PS2 Classics library on PS4 now stands at 10 games. PaRappa the Rapper 2 beccame the ninth game.

More are coming in the future. While Sony has not announced a roadmap of what games are on the way and when they'll arrive, listings from the ESRB may have revealed what's coming next. The ESRB already rated Max Payne for PS4, suggesting Rockstar's game is coming to the program, while five more PS2 titles were reportedly recently rated for the new machine.

According to reports from GamesRadar and GameZone, the games listed below were rated this month for PS4, though these filings no longer appear to be available on the ESRB's website:

• Wild Arms 3
  • SIren
  • Primal
  • Okage: Shadow King
  • Apee Escape

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Would be so awesome if Primal makes it to PS4. It's by far my favourite PS2 game. Was never released on Eu PSN for PS3.

Hope this turns out to be true.

7 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

So does this confirm that TLG is definitely coming this year? 

They said last year it would be released in 2016. The exact date has not been confirmed, but yeah I'd imagine the video more or less rubber-stamps a 2016 release date for The Last Guardian.

psn-maintenance.jpg

As I'm sure you guys are aware; the PSN is currently down.

""We are currently under maintenance and you may be experiencing issues"

"We're aware that some users are having trouble accessing PSN.

"Thanks for your patience as we investigate."

Not the best start to 2016.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BenderTheQuiet said:

psn-maintenance.jpg

As I'm sure you guys are aware; the PSN is currently down.

""We are currently under maintenance and you may be experiencing issues"

"We're aware that some users are having trouble accessing PSN.

"Thanks for your patience as we investigate."

Not the best start to 2016.

Survives the Christmas onslaught yet goes down on a random January day. 

Odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

And Sony could have fucked up spectacularly. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/01/07/playstation-vr-listed-for-800-on-amazon-canada-pre-order-page/

According to this article, Amazon Canada listed the PS VR price as $800 dollars in the US, which roughly translates to £550 in the UK.

Sony are claiming Amazon made an error, but considering Amazon's history of leaking Playstation titles, I'm not so sure.

You mean to tell me not only is PS VR going to be expensive like VR is supposed to be at the current moment, but they're fucking up Canadians again? NAAAAAAAAAAAH

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. While I'm personally expecting $450, VR is expensive and it comes with an extra device that holds extra power needed for the PS4 to actually DO VR. And those parts ain't cheap.