Awoo.

The Big Bang Theory (Television)

LunarEdge

You know the sad thing is that as a physics major and huge nerd, it seems like this show was just made for me.

Then I tried to watch it for about 2 seasons....

boy was I wrong D:

Same, though I honestly couldn't even keep at it for that long.

it's just so much easier to insert a laugh track in

Especially in lieu of jokes. Though BBT isn't anywhere near the worst offender of that.

Edited by Tornado

Not sure how it is by BBT, but HIMYM has the show screened and they use those laughs for the show. I recall them talking about that in a commentary. Might be wrong, though.

My parents introduced me to this show and over time I really liked it. The characters are great and I like the humor too. I'm also in agreement that the laugh is forced at timess when it doesn't need to be there.

What are people's thoughts on this week's episode? I thought it was really funny myself.

Edited by Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

The more I watch, the more I don't like Leonard. His character seems to just want sex instead of an actual relationship. Whenever one fails, be it with Penny or whoever, whenever he gets the chance at sex, more so a relationship, he jumps right at it.

• 1 year later...

It's not the audience, it's the cast/crew they're interacting with. Hardly any TV shows are filmed in front of live audiences anymore, it's just so much easier to insert a laugh track in.

The right laff track makes it work... in a manner of speaking:

I had to listen to my mom talk about last nights episode and she was saying how comparing the two consoles is stupid and only non-normal people do it. Except, she said I do that. Basically, this show allows my mom to laugh at me and what I like and it disgusts me because that's basically bullying.

So who saw the latest episode last night?

104654_d1057b.jpg

I'm sorry, but everyone us nerds go for wii-us

• 2 years later...

Huh, I didn't know we had a thread for this show. My parents say it's funny, I kind of agree, but the nerd humor is still really cringy, I really don't like the character of Emily, and the rest of the internet seems to think this is the worst show on TV.