Awoo.

Shows with great musicals

Old dead account

There's shows, whether it's cartoons or live action that have great music in them. I'm not talking about background music though, I'm talking about actual musicals by the show's characters during an episode. These can either be great and add to the show's characters, be just plain funny, or feel like filler (whether that's bad or not), but either way, there are some shows out there with some great musical numbers in them. Tell us about what shows you like, whether popular or obscure, that have good musicals in some of their episodes and post a song if you can find it. Hell, if you've got any bad ones then post them too for some lulz biggrin.png

Ok, so first off I'll give you one from what seems to be a rather obscure show-

Donkey Kong Country.

Yes, believe it or not, such a thing exists. Without going into too much details on the show, every single episode had at least 2 musical numbers. Because of how often they appeared, they felt like filler at times, but nonetheless good songs and the show itself was pretty good for its time. Here's some songs from it

And the last show I'll post is MLP. This show doesn't have as many musicals as the last 2 shows but nonetheless, still some good ones, one is in my sig now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtAVuyBlwsk&feature=related

EDIT: Damn media limits sleep.png I wanted to post more shows and songs but I'll do it later

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 4

It also helps that there is an awesome song in your sig. Very appropriate for this topic. biggrin.png

Edited by Enigma2Me
  • Thumbs Up 1

There was a DKC show?!

Yes.....it was....."surprisingly" bad.

So this topic only limits to shows? Or can we do Plays and Movies as well?

Plus these came off the top of my head when I saw this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXg24deGeiQ

Just two of the many "beautiful" songs from that show.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 7

Gotta dig musicals.

A show that never seems to fail with it's delightful musicality is a show I personally like to refer to as Adventure Time.

The songs in AT are not only catchy as all hell, but are occasionally pretty vital in character development (cuz this shows known for its dooper profound writing amirite). Lovin' Marceline and Finn's duets.

http://youtu.be/f0brxf4Lvlo

side note: yeahscrewthosegaps

Edited by SockDrawer
  • Thumbs Up 1

So this topic only limits to shows? Or can we do Plays and Movies as well?

I guess they're fine too

South Park.

Especially the movie, where it was practically a musical from start to finish.

*keep in mind it's South Park, so don't hold me liable for language!*

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, Spongebob and FiM were already mentioned, so I suppose I'll go with the only other one I can think of at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LRMwZiJ7c

A song in every episode, to the point where this show is nearly a musical in and of itself. I don't know about you, but I like this show and it's songs, even if everything else on Disney is absolute crap.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder how long we'll last without a single mention of Sonic Underground.

...aw, shit.

That reminds me. There was once this show where they fought evil with rock and roll.

You know:

Powerpuff Girls.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

There is one show that I have next to no respect for, mainly because a majority of its original jokes are annoying rather than funny, and its funny jokes often turn out to just be stolen from other material. But when it comes to writing original songs, these writers are fucking brilliant.

That show is Family Guy! Say what you want about the show itself, but I think its original songs are, for the most part, awesome. Keep in mind they can get dirty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGAxChH6tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mec651NMjhc&feature=related

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 2

Damn media limit didn't let me put family guy in the OP. Here's more FG

I really liked the DKC show. It was cheesy in that 90s fashion, and it's songs were ok every now and then. The best songs usually came from the villains though. It's just fun to watch such big hams go at it in musical. Heck, the CGI isn't even that bad for 1995 TV.

Wait. Wait. Ohmygod wait. I feel like a terrible person for forgetting THIS.

Every fella I knew could never remember the lyrics of this song. I certainly can't sing it though.

Actually, here's a song that most people don't look at that much from the show. I certainly liked it mostly for the paradox it showed me.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Muppet Show had several great songs but by far my favorite, or at least one of the few I still remember, is the "Manah Manah" song. It's so simple yet it never fails to put a smile on my face when I hear it.

There was a DKC show?!

Well I learned something new today...when I saw the title I thought of Animaniacs, but I see I've been beaten to it several times already. Oh well. smile.png