Awoo.

My Sonic 06 Review

T-Min

I still want to play this but I can't find a cheap copy for PS3. Great in depth review by the way. Maybe you could look at the DLC too.

Great review buuuuuut.... NEVER TURN BACK IS AMAZING SONG!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!!

Thought about doing spoken reviews via Youtube?

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you implying that this wonderful game is bad? Because that would totally be a shock to my system.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.

Problem? :U

Great review buuuuuut.... NEVER TURN BACK IS AMAZING SONG!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!! RAGE!!

Meh, I enjoy it too. =P

Thought about doing spoken reviews via Youtube?

Don't have any software to record footage :/

Good review man. I certainly enjoyed reading it. Though may I make a suggestion? Get a Thesaurus, mainly for finding better words than "bland" and "crap". There are alot of good words in there but those two I spotted alot of.

I used to do reviews for games on a different forum (which I was banned from because one of the mods is completely biased and hates me) and I'd really like to share my work with this forum sometime. Maybe it would finally get me back into the hobby.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still want to play this but I can't find a cheap copy for PS3. Great in depth review by the way. Maybe you could look at the DLC too.

Have you tried Amazon? I got a PS3 copy for like six bucks last summer.

Can't even be bothered to read the review, sorry. Bitching about 06 isn't even worth anyone's time anymore. Anything that can be said about it has been said a million times already.

• Thumbs Up 5

I actually like playing through the game, despite the flaws. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great review as always, mon! Seriously, you explained all of my issues with this game better than I ever cared to!

I actually like playing through the game, despite the flaws. Does that make me a bad person?

Nah, you're okay in my book. At least you acknowledge that it's a very flawed game.

I was going to post the Sonic '06 review I did for a forum I used to go on, but that review was written about 2 years ago. Looking back onto it I don't want anyone to see it now. I tried so hard to be funny and it looks awful. I somehow managed to squeeze in a Stage 3: Profit joke.

Nah. You just have low standards :UUUUU

In all seriousness, though, as long as you acknowledge that it's a severely flawed game, it's fine. One's enjoyment of the game is subjective, if nothing else.

I was going to post the Sonic '06 review I did for a forum I used to go on, but that review was written about 2 years ago. Looking back onto it I don't want anyone to see it now. I tried so hard to be funny and it looks awful. I somehow managed to squeeze in a Stage 3: Profit joke.

Ugh, I know that feeling. I took down every review I wrote before 2009 out of shame. :/

All i have to say about this game is this:

My most hated game is still Heavy Rain though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you like Crisis city or aquatic bases music? By the way i think they did a good job with silver in generations. They actually made him look good. Oh and speaking of generations, after replaying 06 how does playing crisis city in generations feel now?

Er..I thought I'd see something actually interesting and new here.

30cmw5d.jpg

Looks like I was wrong. Showing so much hatred for SNG is so boring and old.

• Thumbs Up 6

No. You can like whatever you want and everyone who tell you that you're bad person because you like something he/she don't like is a stupid moron.

I am looking at you Shadic18..... however if it was a joke then you're okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brilliant review, but it's nothing new really. We all knew Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever. Another thing:

...it’s time to move on and forget abominations like this ever existed.

We are trying to, but it's impossible. Sonic '06 will forever be in our hearts and the game will be mentioned here in SSMB at least once every week. The game existed 6 years ago and we are still talking about it. Proof? This thread.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 3

Do you like Crisis city or aquatic bases music? By the way i think they did a good job with silver in generations. They actually made him look good. Oh and speaking of generations, after replaying 06 how does playing crisis city in generations feel now?

Crisis City's and Aquatic Base's themes are...okay. Like I said, the soundtrack doesn't do much for me. And yeah, I guess Silver looks all right in Generations. I still don't care about the design, but the model is far superior.

Crisis City in Generations is a masterfully designed, legitimately difficult level with fun platforming and short, but sweet scripted events. Crisis City in 06 is quite the opposite.

We are trying to, but it's impossible. Sonic '06 will forever be in our hearts and the game will be mentioned here in SSMB at least once every week. The game existed 6 years ago and we are still talking about it. Proof? This thread.

This is true. What I was trying to say, more or less, is that we shouldn't allow games like this to color our view of the franchise anymore, since the most recent 3-D Sonic games have been legitimately great.

• Thumbs Up 3

...it’s time to move on and forget abominations like this ever existed.
Would our collective effort to forget the existence of this game not stand a better chance of success without this topic? For clarification, I am not being an ass, however, writing a review detailing complaints we have all heard before, for a game that is several years old by this point seems somewhat counter-productive to the whole 'forget it ever happened', especially given that posting a topic about the subject brings the game in question directly to our attention.

Good review man. I certainly enjoyed reading it. Though may I make a suggestion? Get a Thesaurus, mainly for finding better words than "bland" and "crap". There are alot of good words in there but those two I spotted alot of.
Indeed, the repeated use of certain descriptive words was unnecessary and became rather tiresome.

This is true. What I was trying to say, more or less, is that we shouldn't allow games like this to color our view of the franchise anymore, since the most recent 3-D Sonic games have been legitimately great.
I'm afraid the damage has already been done. Certain people, and indeed, certain fans, will always use opportunities such as this in order to discredit the direction the series has taken / is taking. Not too long ago, I had to explain at length to a friend of mine that Sonic is actually starting to course-correct, and that the franchise shouldn't simply be killed off. Granted, a single person doesn't constitute entire populations, but that is an example of something fans will have to continue to deal with, even as Sonic seems to be improving.

Brilliant review, but it's nothing new really. We all knew Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever. Another thing:

Purely subjective, I looove the game to bits and haven't experienced anything that hinders my enjoyment other than terrible side missions and horribly realistic humans. Other than that though, it was platforming gold for me. I genuingly got hours of fun out of it. Personally the worst Sonic game to me, isn't even a Sonic game...*cough Tails Adventure cough*

• Thumbs Up 2

...it's time to move on and forget abominations like this ever existed.

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Move on, yes, but don't pretend like it never existed. If any good came from Sonic Next Gen, it's, for what it's worth, how not to make a Sonic game, or games in general.

• Thumbs Up 5

If any good came from Sonic Next Gen, it's, for what it's worth, how not to make a Sonic game, or games in general.

Says The King from the Zelda CDi games.

• Thumbs Up 3

Purely subjective, I looove the game to bits and haven't experienced anything that hinders my enjoyment other than terrible side missions and horribly realistic humans. Other than that though, it was platforming gold for me. I genuingly got hours of fun out of it. Personally the worst Sonic game to me, isn't even a Sonic game...*cough Tails Adventure cough*

• Thumbs Up 1