Awoo.

My Sonic 06 Review

T-Min

I actually like playing through the game, despite the flaws. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes...

Yes it does.

*Loads gun*

Prepare yourself for summary execution.

This just in.

Sonic 06 is bad.

Agreed.

This thread is a waste, telling us things we already know. The only thing I disagree is the kneejerk "EWWW, a human kissed an animal, BEASTIALITY!"

No. Sonic is a sapient, intelligent, tool-using being, and thus a person (humanity doesn't have a monopoly on personhood). So it's xenophilia, not beatiality.

Also, Jayhawker, your signature... it arouses me. :P

Er..I thought I'd see something actually interesting and new here.

Looks like I was wrong. Showing so much hatred for SNG is so boring and old.

Agreed. Especially nearly 6 years after the fact...

I wrote this half for my blog and half for this place, since my recent playthrough of Sonic 06 has seen me ranting a lot in the status updates. So, if you guys care, here ya go:

While I appreciated your effort of the written review of Sonic '06 T-Man, it was just way too negative in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I know the game was bad, but it wasn't as bad as the abomination it was described to be. What about the positive aspects of the game? I read the whole thing and I didn't find a single positive thing mentioned in your review. I know they are few, but they do exist. I guess I am sugguesting is to have a bit of balance in your reviews; I think that would make them more enjoyable to read with a mix of the good and the bad rather than a complete bashing/rant. Again, just a suggestion.

What about the positive aspects of the game? I read the whole thing and I didn't find a single positive thing mentioned in your review. I know they are few, but they do exist.

News to me. :/

Probably should have clarified this earlier, but I took it upon myself to play through this game in the first place because I felt like I needed to write more negative reviews for my blog (and also because it was the only 3-D Sonic game I hadn't reviewed), for which the introduction is much different and even acknowledges that this has been done before. I just thought you guys would be interested in it, considering the status update ranting and the fact that it's a Sonic game. So yeah.

Edited by T-Man

Should clarify on my last post: I still hate the Sonic X Else BS with the Burning REAG of 40,000 /tg/s.

I just hate it because Elise is a fucking pathetic waste of a human being (in more then one way). That, and Sonic's hand look like they could pop her head like a fucking melon )Woulda done us all a HUGE favor, but alas, no such luck unsure.png ).

Not because Sonic' an "animal". That's silly.

Edited by The Real Darth Sonikku

I agree. I am probably one of the few hundred people who actually liked Sonic 2006 despite the issues.

...It's physically possible to enjoy this game?....

I enjoyed it. Still a piece of fucking atrocious shit though.

Oh sure, it's possible, although I think you were joking about that. I enjoyed it myself for a bit, before replaying it and realized that I absolutely loathed to play through Silver's story. Shadow's levels/gameplay were more or less the same as Sonic's, so I can't really say that it's particularly fun to play through, as Sonic's gameplay in this game is average at best, levels for the most part are somewhat decent for Sonic at least.

I'd say Shadow was where the game came the closest to being decent. Pretty much a retread of Sonic, yeah, but he didn't have the mach speed sections, pretty much instantly making his levels better.

Plus "LET'S! GET! MOVING!"

I really don't get why people say Shadow was the worst out of the three. I mean while i believe they were all bad, I found Shadows the most playable.

I think irony has a lot to do with it.

Honestly, I only ever replay Sonic's stages which have the super speed sections, because I actually like to play them. I don't think Shadow's is the worst of the three (I think that's Silver's story), but it's definitely locked in the middle of the three for me.

Honestly, I only ever replay Sonic's stages which have the super speed sections, because I actually like to play them. I don't think Shadow's is the worst of the three (I think that's Silver's story), but it's definitely locked in the middle of the three for me.

Honestly I liked shadows gameplay better BECAUSE there was no Mach-speed sections.

I liked Shadow's gameplay somewhat, I just wished they'd expand on the Chaos Boost.