Awoo.

MUSIC: Sonic Evolution

Stomp224

Hi,

I recently had a university research project to do on the subject of my choice, and I chose to look at the history of Sound Design in the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series (1991 - 2008) [Phew!]. After writing the ball-breaking essay for this project, I also composed this little tune to demonstrate my several points I made.

Seeing as its 100% sonic influenced, I thought Id share it here. Stops me lurking all the time :P

Visit my MySpace

The track was kept simple musically, because the focus is on the sound textures rather than actual composition style.

I used the first level of each game that i felt advanced the series music in a major fashion as the influences for my track Which were (In order of appearance):

Green Hill Zone - Sonic The Hedgehog

Azure Blue World - Sonic Adventure

Westopolis - Shadow The Hedgehog

Windmill Isle - Day - Sonic Unleashed

DISCLAIMER: By the time I was working on the SU section, I had pushed my comp as far as it could go in terms of simultaneous tracks (Blame Shadow for that! :( ), so the samples sound pretty rough. You get the idea though.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stomp224

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic