Awoo.

strangest artwork

Debug Ring

we have seen plenty of art for sonic

but some that are rather unusual or make the character look odd

there are loads

but what is the weirdest in your opinion?

This is the ugliest picture of Tails in existence

sonic_the_hedgehog_2_tails_jp-9958.jpg

That snout. WHY?! It's such a hideous oddity, why is it so long here where in every other picture it's the usual length? Never understood it but I'm thankful it's a look that didn't catch on. It's a shame to because otherwise it's a really nice picture of him.

Edited by ENVY

Whoa. Is the spine on his back coming out of his head? Strong clipping. Strangely enough though, I think there's potential there for a fun off-shoot design; might sketch up something later.

Also, let's get the two usual contenders out of the way:

_-Sonic-3D-Blast-Sega-Megadrive-_.jpg

Rfh.jpg

Pretty self explanatory.

• Thumbs Up 6

A lot of the colouration on images of American Classic Sonic are strongly reminiscent of the metallic blue paint you'd see on a car;

288px-Sonic2_sonic02.pngmetalliccar.png

Seriously, every time I see US Classic Sonic's akin to the above, It makes me think that he's been dunked into metallic blue car paint and then put through a Car Wash with added wax.

You mean like 75% of fan art?

64e0fb1af3540dd959c2451be1d6814d.jpg

sonic_car_accident.jpg

...and this...

Ui.jpg

I get the whole anti-smoking thing, but why would a robot take up smoking in the first place??

• Thumbs Up 2

...and this...

Ui.jpg

I get the whole anti-smoking thing, but why would a robot take up smoking in the first place??

Never mind Grounder! I'm laughing my ass off at the expression on Tails' face. It's as if he's gained a nicotine addiction and is disappointed at being busted because it means no more smokes.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 1

You mean like 75% of fan art?

64e0fb1af3540dd959c2451be1d6814d.jpg

sonic_car_accident.jpg

...and this...

Ui.jpg

They used their tumblr_lqmb58zs8J1qcafvv.gif

Well, it's not like AOSTH is logical anyway. I'm pretty sure that's not the only example of something involving Scratch and Grounder that doesn't make sense due to them being robots.

39330522530167754183310.jpg

This picture is weird as shit.

And that's why I fucking love it.

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 6

Sonic says everything that needs to be said about that panel.

Although what annoys me the most about it is that Sally's left leg looks broken... and her hips are wider than her shoulders. Anatomy.

tumblr_m1s1c1fo7P1rnsvazo1_400.jpg

Snively's looking rather weird here... well, weirder than usual. Can't say I'm mad over his current attire...

Speaking of Archie;

copytracelulz.png

There's far far more examples than that, these ones I compiled together are just the tip of the iceburg.

And for added funny;

dualpanel2sonicx16.jpg

You know you're bad at tracing and good at making it blatantly obvious when you ignore the arm that was already in the base image and draw one that stick out like a sore thumb in all of it's horrible shortness compared to the other arm.

• Thumbs Up 6

Speaking of Archie;

copytracelulz.png

There's far far more examples than that, these ones I compiled together are just the tip of the iceburg.

And for added funny;

dualpanel2sonicx16.jpg

You know you're bad at tracing and good at making it blatantly obvious when you ignore the arm that was already in the base image and draw one that stick out like a sore thumb in all of it's horrible shortness compared to the other arm.

Oh...OH!!!

THAT'S JUST DELICIOUS!

• Thumbs Up 1

What I always thought was weird was the Spinball artwork. Nevermind GIANT FUCKING Robotnik in the game. Nevermind creepy soulless-eyes Robotnik on the original box.

What I don't get is why they turned him into AoSTH Robotnik on the SMS/GG version.

Speaking of Archie;

copytracelulz.png

And for added funny;

dualpanel2sonicx16.jpg

Of all the things you could art trace from...

You choose Sonic X?!

...and this...

Ui.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7lHRJccFJs

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

Of all the things you could art trace from...

You choose Sonic X?!

I'm guessing their logic was "Well, this is a Sonic X comic book, let's trace some poses from the actual cartoon!"

Now, while the art is at least well drawn, the poses in some Adventure artwork look pretty odd...

Sonic+Adventure+2+Dreamcast.jpg

Seriously, look at that pose! It's just so weird.