Awoo.

Episode Metal Discussion

Barry the Nomad

Metal Sonic is probablty just going to play like a shinier Sonic. Tails is a different character.

That's all that needs to be said, really.

Might be so, but we don't know that for sure. This is thinking positively :P

Metal Sonic is probablty just going to play like a shinier Sonic. Tails is a different character.

That's all that needs to be said, really.

Know what I find ironic and funny?

Earlier I remember when Ken pretty much said how foolish it was to expect them to give us playable Tails, after they've given us new physics and graphics, yet, it's not out of their way to give us four new levels, Metal Sonic, a side story, all of which are optional. But playable Tails? No that's too much.

Stay classy Dimps.

• Thumbs Up 5

Posting here cause it's more relevant to this topic that the other one.

No uncurling in Episode Metal?

full.jpg

Also Metal Sonic confirmed for killing badniks. Methinks Episode Metal is basically S4E1 with S4E2 physics. Metal will play the same as Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Due to Eggman's budget cuts at the time, and because he didn't expect to revive Metal Sonic, he never programmed his badnik army with the ability to tell the difference between Sonic and Metal Sonic, so they attack him indiscriminately, and Metal Sonic fights them in self-defense..

There, fixed another potential plothole.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 7

Honestly, I think it's pretty cool.

Although I do have a feeling that Metal will just be a Sonic skin. Especially considering he has the homing attack in Episode II:

26253EP2_w_Z2AB_05-1024x576.jpg

Edited by Wooly-Rolls
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Oh and Episode Metal will have Episode II's physics? I expected this, but GOOD. biggrin.png
Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

full.jpg

Also Metal Sonic confirmed for killing badniks. Methinks Episode Metal is basically S4E1 with S4E2 physics. Metal will play the same as Sonic.

Seeing as theres bars on the top and bottom (Edit: And no HUD), I'm guessing those are cutscenes.

Compare:

full.jpg

full.jpg

Edited by MarcelloF

Seeing as theres bars on the top and bottom (Edit: And no HUD), I'm guessing those are cutscenes.

Compare:

Another "I just noticed": check out the background in the Eggman video screen.

wbRDs.png

Showing an Eggman icon on Earth to the left, and Little Planet to the right. Eggman probably can't be on Little Planet, it being in space and all and E.G.G. Station being destroyed and all. So Eggman probably sent the video screen to Little Planet to revive and communicate with Metal. E.G.G. Station probably was to be his method of traveling to Little Planet, but Sonic destroying it ruined his plans. So he's having Metal do the dirty work.

No, they're in other screens, too!

full.jpg

And you can clearly see them in the small screens.

Another "I just noticed": check out the background in the Eggman video screen.

wbRDs.png

Showing an Eggman icon on Earth to the left, and Little Planet to the right. Eggman probably can't be on Little Planet, it being in space and all and E.G.G. Station being destroyed and all. So Eggman probably sent the video screen to Little Planet to revive and communicate with Metal. E.G.G. Station probably was to be his method of traveling to Little Planet, but Sonic destroying it ruined his plans. So he's having Metal do the dirty work.

Where is he then, though? If the E.G.G. Station is destroyed and the Death Egg is Little Planet, this has to be yet another space station.

Edited by MarcelloF

Well at least episode metal appears to have more cutscenes than episode one.

It looks like they are putting more effort in story.

Where is he then, though? If the E.G.G. Station is destroyed and the Death Egg is Little Planet, this has to be yet another space station.

He could be at Sky Fortress Zone, which from the name of it is an airship and not a spacefaring vessel. The image behind him is probably a screen itself or an image, and not a window.

lol... listen to us speculating.

Posting here cause it's more relevant to this topic that the other one.

full.jpg

Ha, didnt notice that! Except I noticed the animal bursting out of the Badnik. Either Metal's still pissed off with the Doctor, or he thinks he is to Elite to avoid badniks, thus, probably starting that superiority complex ego he had in Heroes.

I'm anxious about what happens when he gets all the emeralds. I'd love a playable Super Metal Sonic

• Thumbs Up 4

I was thinking, given that "Episode Metal" is seemingly found in Episode 2 and is only unlocked within Episode 2 when the game detects that the player owns Episode 1, perhaps Episode 1 with Sonic is also contained within Episode 2 and players are able to play from Splash Hill through to the end of Episode 2?

The Japanese site DOES have a fourth feature yet to be unlocked. Sonic and Tails skills is the first, online multiplayer is the second, Episode Metal is the third, perhaps a tweaked Episode 1 is the fourth?

I know it would piss off a lot of fans if you had to buy episode 2, and own episode 1, in order to unlock an episode 1 with tweaked physics. But I think it would be great if they did this! The Metal in Mad Gear screen seems to show Episode 2 traits (no uncurling, new HUD) so why not have a tweaked Episode 1 featuring Sonic? If I remember correctly, Sonic & Knuckles fixed some problems found within Sonic 2 when you locked on. Different technology, but similar idea.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

YES!! Metal Sonic is a playable character who isn't just playable in minigames or 2 player content. This is the return of Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Too bad you'll spend too much time going FWOOSH FWOOSH BOING BOING BOING FWOOSH BOING BOING to notice them.

Alright, I just have to say this. If you really want to discriminate everything against this game...why even get it? And if you aren't getting it, vice-versa.

It's not just you; but soooo many people as of late. Even when there does seem to be some improvements we ignore them and go back to the negative aspect of everything.

It's not criticism; it's punching the game in the face ._.

Alright, I just have to say this. If you really want to discriminate everything against this game...why even get it? And if you aren't getting it, vice-versa.

It's not just you; but soooo many people as of late. Even when there does seem to be some improvements we ignore them and go back to the negative aspect of everything.

It's not criticism; it's punching the game in the face ._.

Because much as I dislike E1 and am convinced that E2 isn't going to be any better, I'm still very interested in the game. Unlike a lot of people who are saying they can't bring themselves to care about it, I can't bring myself to stop caring (or a least stop being bothered). What SEGA do with the franchise, for better or for worse, always keeps me engaged.

And to be honest, you'll find a lot of people who are more than willign to give credit where it's due if you pay attention. For example...

- Very nice level themes, even though Sylvania Castle is annoying rehashed.

- Pretty graphics

- The Badniks so far are are very cool

- They have (mostly) fixed the physics

It's just that none of those changes are going to make much of a difference with the terrible level design, dire music, short length and the kick in the nuts to everyone who expected to play as Tails (which was everyone).

Just for the record though, I have bugger all intention of getting this game with my own money/until it's gone way down in price.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's an episode metal? Shows how much I've veen keeping up with the game. Well this has got my interest, it should hust count as episode 3 and end this DOA chapter, but I honestly would've just preffered to have Tails playable in E1. Metal Sonic will probably just be a Sonic recolor with no new abilities, might as well just play as a multiplayer bot from Sonic Colors :\ That and I've never been interested in Metal Sonic at all.

Oh, how I love Sega. I had a serious fangasm when I saw this news.

Metal Sonic obviously powers up when he gets all the Chaos Emeralds. Near the end of the trailer, when Metal was in Lost Labyrinth, for example. Or maybe he was doing one of his regular attacks, like Sonic and Tails teaming up.

Edited by Cyberguy

Oh, how I love Sega. I had a serious fangasm when I saw this news.

Metal Sonic obviously powers up when he gets all the Chaos Emeralds. Near the end of the trailer, when Metal was in Lost Labyrinth, for example. Or maybe he was doing one of his regular attacks, like Sonic and Tails teaming up.

I think that was some sort of Unleash Mode, which gives him a power boost.

I noticed his animation was similar to Sonic turning Super Sonic in Episode 1.

Also, he glows purple during his boss battle in White Park Zone.

6977871897_63bb66610b_z.jpg

Or it could just be part of a cutscene and has nothing do with gameplay.

I'm hoping that in addition to the improved physics in Episode Metal, the level design is somewhat improved.

I'm hoping that in addition to the improved physics in Episode Metal, the level design is somewhat improved.

It's possible but I doubt it. They'll probably change up the layouts a bit but overall the design will probably be the same.

• Thumbs Up 2