Awoo.

Episode Metal Discussion

Barry the Nomad

I love how the Sega Forums are losing their shit over this: "ZOMG SOLO SONICA IS DEAD, MOAR CHARACTER"

• Thumbs Up 7

Not really either. It's just completely off the mark, seeing as Metal Sonic currently looks like just a re-skinned normal Sonic. That, and one extra character doesn’t really count for anything substantial.

If anything, it's just the SEGA forums overreacting as usual.

• 1 month later...

You've got to be kidding me...

Episode Metal has a problem, (well depending how you look at it.) If you beat a stage, and accidentally skip a cut scene, you cannot watch that cut scene again. Ever. Unless you delete your entire episode 2 save file.

So now I have to wait for a yutube video of the cut scene that happens after 'the altars hidden treasure.' No idea if not pressing the 'continue to next stage' button also affects it.

You've got to be kidding me...

Episode Metal has a problem, (well depending how you look at it.) If you beat a stage, and accidentally skip a cut scene, you cannot watch that cut scene again. Ever. Unless you delete your entire episode 2 save file.

So now I have to wait for a yutube video of the cut scene that happens after 'the altars hidden treasure.' No idea if not pressing the 'continue to next stage' button also affects it.

Um... have you completed Episode Metal yet? In the beta I've skipped the cutscenes numerous times and it works fine. Heck, the opening scene plays every time you select any EM stages from the map after you've completed it all once. If you haven't already done so, finish off EM and then go straight back to LLZ.

Edited by Blue Blood

Um... have you completed Episode Metal yet? In the beta I've skipped the cutscenes numerous times and it works fine. Heck, the opening scene plays every time you select any EM stages from the map after you've completed it all once. If you haven't already done so, finish off EM and then go straight back to LLZ.

The openning scene plays fine, but for some reason I can't get that scene in the cave to play again.

I've just beaten the entire episode metal so I'll try again, but for some reason it wasn't letting me before, regardless as to if I was returning to the world map or not.

Edit: Right, the openning cut scene played once I selected 'electric road' it never did that before I beat episode metal, so this might be what triggers it... at least now I get to see dancing Eggman again...

Edit 2: Selecting Electric road from the world map does not make that cut scene play again, now trying to beat the treasure stage and going to try and avoid the world map to see if that works.

The openning scene plays again fine, but for some reason I can't get that scene in the cave to play again.

I've just beaten the entire episode metal so I'll try again, but for some reason it wasn't letting me before, regardless as to if I was returning to the world map or not.

Hmm, the cave scene usually plays after you finish that act right?

Edit: Right, the openning cut scene played once I selected 'electric road' it never did that before I beat episode metal, so this might be what triggers it... at least now I get to see dancing Eggman again...

That's what I was saying before. After you've completed EM, the opening cutscene plays before any level you select. Prior to that cutscenes will only play once.

Ah there we go that fixed it.

You were right, you have to beat episode metal in full for that cut scene to play again and you have to skip returning to the world map in order to see it too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crisis averted :P Yeah, pretty weird but mostly a non-issue. It's much better than what they did with the 1 cutscene in E1.

I still run into an odd glitch in Episode 1 once in a while where, when I press Y to go to the next stage after the Mad Gear boss, it'll ignore the cutscene and, er, take me back to Splash Hill Act 1. Okay? D:

Episode Metal thread, wise fwum yo gwave!

I enjoyed it. Yeah, very short and bite sized, but it gave some much needed story to Episode 1. While I'm not going to replay ep 1 with a whole new perspective on things (these arent the Star Wars prequels), I like the idea that Metal is searching Lost Labyrinth while Sonic is running about and that moments after the end of Ep 1, Metal appeared and took the rocket. Fun little connections. It wasn't until last night that I made the connection that the purple energy attacks were from the Lost Labyrinth shrine thingy. Cool to see magic gems that are not emeralds or time stones. I actually liked all the stages more than their originals.

I still run into an odd glitch in Episode 1 once in a while where, when I press Y to go to the next stage after the Mad Gear boss, it'll ignore the cutscene and, er, take me back to Splash Hill Act 1. Okay? D:

It's not a glitch; the game will only play that cutscene once. If you want to see it again, you'll have to start a new save file.

^ Yeah, to see the cut-scene in Episode 1 again you have to select Splash Hill Act 1, then play all the way through to the end of Mad Gear without returning to the map. If you start your session from any other level, Mad Gear will loop you back to Splash Hill instead.

^ Yeah, to see the cut-scene in Episode 1 again you have to select Splash Hill Act 1, then play all the way through to the end of Mad Gear without returning to the map. If you start your session from any other level, Mad Gear will loop you back to Splash Hill instead.

Hm, all that effort just to see one forty-second cutscene that isn't even all that good?

Are the cutscenes really worth seeing honestly? All they consist of Metal....doing stuff, and not much else. I mean I guess they're good for novelty, but that's what Youtube is for.

So how is this anyway, does it feel any different from Episode 1 at least?

Does anything happen after Metal absorbs that pink thing in Lost Labrinth? Is it some sort of super form you can use or is it just to say how Metal uses them kind of attacks during White Park boss?

Does anything happen after Metal absorbs that pink thing in Lost Labrinth? Is it some sort of super form you can use or is it just to say how Metal uses them kind of attacks during White Park boss?

Its to explain his new powers, they dont appear for a Super Metal Sonic mode or anything.

Its to explain his new powers, they dont appear for a Super Metal Sonic mode or anything.

Thanks, I thought about that but also thought that he could use special attacks would be involved.

Episode Metal sucks balls. I beat Episode II and overall I enjoyed it, but wow. Episode Metal's level design is atrocious.

• Thumbs Up 2

I felt Episode Metal was a bit rushed, and it wasn't really 4 exclusive levels to me, it was just episode 1 in hard mode, which I know a few people have said before too.

At the end of the day though, it was an extra so not too concerned about it.

I was kinda hoping all of Episode Metal's acts would begin like the Stardust Speedway cut scene.

• Thumbs Up 1