Awoo.

Episode Metal Discussion

Barry the Nomad

Episode Metal...my word it was so pointless, but hey, it was free.

P.S. - Mad Gear should go die in a fire. Seriously, that stage was a bloody MESS!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well Metal Sonic is meant to be Sonic's robotic counter part.

Were you expecting him to play like Big the cat? or Charmy the bee? Come on now, don't be silly.

He's called Metal 'Sonic' (Key word is Sonic) for a reason.

I found Episode Metal to be okay. I would have liked to have those purple aura powers playable in-game though.

The things I like about Episode Metal are:

The cutscsenes, especially Stardust Speedway, Mad Gear and the end of Splash Hil Zone-where the story connects to Ep2. I like how in the Stardust Speedway cutscene, whilst it uses the Generations version of Stardust speedway, the title 'Stardust Speedway Zone 3' is shown in the Sonic CD graphic design-a nice touch.

When I play the levels for me it's not about getting through them, it's about gettng through them without taking any damage. That's the real challange. This is particularly tricky in Splash Hill and at the very start of Act 3 (Lost Labyrinth).

But yes it's okay, nothing special but it is nice to play as Metal Sonic. I think MS should have been able to fly-even if only temporarily like Tails.

If SEGA/Dimps do an Ep3 then I hope they do more extra content if you own all three episodes.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

They could have given Metal Sonic an unique move that Sonic hasn't got. It's pure laziness, that Metal Sonic plays like Sonic from Ep I. It's a reskin.

Like what? He's Sonics double. If they had given him anything unique it'd stop the flow of the gameplay. It's like you're exepecting him to shoot lasters or something in a game that wants you to get to one side to other in the fastest amount of time.

There's is NOTHING you could have given Metal Sonic.

Unless it was game breaking like that electric force field he does in CD or that other move that destroys spikes. It'd be too easy. :/

Like what? He's Sonics double. If they had given him anything unique it'd stop the flow of the gameplay. It's like you're exepecting him to shoot lasters or something in a game that wants you to get to one side to other in the fastest amount of time.

There's is NOTHING you could have given Metal Sonic.

Unless it was game breaking like that electric force field he does in CD or that other move that destroys spikes. It'd be too easy. :/

From a gameplay perspective, giving him slight differences would have had a very positive impact. I already played through E1 before, what's so special about playing it again with more enemies in your face? All he needed was a small change, like a HA that worked slightly differently, a better air dash or something.

From a gameplay perspective, giving him slight differences would have had a very positive impact. I already played through E1 before, what's so special about playing it again with more enemies in your face? All he needed was a small change, like a HA that worked slightly differently, a better air dash or something.

Like I said I really doubt they could've done anything. Maybe remove the air dash or something. And instead of a Spin Dash Metal Sonic charges up to go faster..? Maybe.

Like I said I really doubt they could've done anything. Maybe remove the air dash or something. And instead of a Spin Dash Metal Sonic charges up to go faster..? Maybe.

And like I said, all they needed to do was give him slight differences, ala Sonic and Blaze in Rush. Metal Sonic's a robot, and one thing he does have over his biologic alter-ego is jets. Different aerial abilites would make sense. This isn't so much from just a character perspective though, as it also relates directly to gameplay. Like, you know how Sonic and Shadow are identical in SA2 and Heroes, but then in '06 Shadow was considerably slower than Sonic and his HA was different? By having Metal play the same as Sonic, they're needlessly holding back on making the gameplay more diverse.

Edited by Blue Blood

I may as well agree with you and Ming Ming then, since you're both right. It's undeniable

I also remember a guy from Sega saying Metal Sonic will be getting levels Unique to him.

This wouldn't be the first time Sega's referred to unique or exclusive levels when it just meant different level design. We have to start seeing this and not reading it as "a level with its own idea and fresh graphics."

I would like to here what other people would suggest a unique move for Metal. Already, I like how Metal's sound effects are robotic like in SADX. He could use the jetpack for something, probably turn into a rocket for a split second (kinda like Orange Rocket in Colours)!

I got one. Instead of a spin-dash, Metal Sonic should have his glowy hurtful charge move from Sonic CD. Gameplay-wise, it'd make a huge difference given how nerfed rolling is in this game. He'd be able to keep running speed while still damaging enemies on contact (unless they've got spikes).

Metal Sonic looks silly charging up a spin-dash anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1