Awoo.

New Sonic game idea.

Debug Ring

I think it would be great if sonic went back to the Mobius route, Had the freedom fighter theme and the war between Knothole and Robotropolis.

I for one would enjoy seeing a re visit to that story on a game, we could have different game play styles for each different character, Example Sonic would follow his current game play style from Sonic Generations and colours, Whereas Sally could have a stealth style like evading detection of swatbots and you would finish the act by placing a bomb or something like that in Robotropolis iconic landmarks.

What do you guys and girls think?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an interesting concept, and it has been attempted before, but it ultimately failed.

I'd love for Sonic to stay the way he is, and keep the Comic universe separate from the game universe. That's not to say you can't have ideas, though! Maybe you could flesh out Sally's gameplay a bit more? I mean, the topic needs more in my opinion.

and if Sonic's planet gets a name in the games, it HAS to be Planet Freedom. No exceptions. Especially since I hate the comics.

Edited by Cola

I think it would be great if sonic went back to the Mobius route, Had the freedom fighter theme and the war between Knothole and Robotropolis.

I for one would enjoy seeing a re visit to that story on a game, we could have different game play styles for each different character, Example Sonic would follow his current game play style from Sonic Generations and colours, Whereas Sally could have a stealth style like evading detection of swatbots and you would finish the act by placing a bomb or something like that in Robotropolis iconic landmarks.

What do you guys and girls think?

I'm gonna assume your wither 12 or really really high, though the concept may be interesting to fans of the comics and/or SatAM show, it's essentially an alternate world and canon not created by SEGA thus SEGA won't ever do it! besides, I'd rather have a checkered multi-coloured surreal area created from someones imagination rather than a forest...or a factory

• Thumbs Up 1

It's probably best to avoid making another game in the comic/cartoon continuity. Besides the fact that it would create more confusion in regards to the canonicity of those stories, it would take away time that could be spent further expanding/developing the game universe.

SatAM and Archie really had nothing to do with the games in the first place anyway.

I'm gonna assume your wither 12 or really really high,

As much as I really dislike Archie/SatAM Sonic, stuff like this is just going to lower the level of discussion.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

Might be interesting as a spin-off, but certainly not as a main series game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only way I could see this happening is if a controller magically sprung out of my comic book.

And even then I'd have to be flying pretty high for that to happen

• Thumbs Up 1

And how exactly is anybody in this thread being an ass? Nobody's insulting each other.

• Thumbs Up 3

And how exactly is anybody in this thread being an ass? Nobody's insulting each other.

There's more than one way to be an ass, I'm just Saiyan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry but I don't want Archie characters in the games. It's ultimately best that they stay in the comics

• Thumbs Up 1

I for one think Archie needs to stay as far away from the games as possible. There are plenty of people who like the way things are, at least in terms of universe and character development. People who like the comic story can read the comics, and us, the people who enjoy the game canon can just pay attention to that.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'd have to agree with most of the other commenters, I really don't want to see Archie characters/places/themes in my Sonic games. A little reference here and there? I'd be okay with that. An entire game? that would be going too far.

I don't feel anything sacred about Sega's Sonic universe.

I would have no qualms seeing an archie videogame, as long as it's done well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry but that's just stupid and ridiculous idea. Keep comics/shows out of my games sir. Also.... SONIC LIVE ON EARTH GOD DAMN IT!!!! Not on mobius, his true name is Sonic not Maurice!!! RAGE!! RAGE!!! RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!

rage-face.png

Not hating on you or anyone who actually like these things of course.

We relented to your insistence about the Western canon's relevance in this day and age and allowed you guys to have Robotnik and chili dogs in the games. Don't take more than that inch until Ian's ready and willing to kill off Sally permanently.

Seriously, I see little reason why this would realistically work. You would either have to warp the games' universe significantly to make a lot of the cast and their conflicts fit in or vice versa, or- in the case of a standalone spin-off- you automatically and ironically encounter all of the problems that the public has been railing against for years: extra characters, a darker atmosphere, romance and melodrama, etc. There's no reason to do this when the current universe at Sega's disposal is well established now and perfectly capable of standing on its own two feet.

• Thumbs Up 9

Even as a spin-off, it's not immune from the issues I outlined above because you can't completely divorce an Archie Sonic game from the normal ones. Certain things are to be expected from games starring Sonic, and a lot of the characteristics of Archie go directly against those expectations. I mean yeah, as with any hypothetical Sega could do it, but realistically I don't see why they would even under the term "spin-off." People would not accept that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Even as a spin-off, it's not immune from the issues I outlined above because you can't completely divorce an Archie Sonic game from the normal ones. Certain things are to be expected from games starring Sonic, and a lot of the characteristics of Archie go directly against those expectations. I mean yeah, as with any hypothetical Sega could do it, but realistically I don't see why they would even under the term "spin-off." People would not accept that.

Well, reviewers seem to wank off to SatAM characters soooo......

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

What percentage of professional reviewers overall do you estimate actually hold up SatAM's cast as a truly God-tier group of characters, and how many of those reviewers are actually game reviewers?

What you said seems to be both overblown as well as kind of irrelevant. xP

They comics and games should definitely be separate as mentioned by some others. I don't think it would mesh well together.

• Thumbs Up 1