Awoo.

New Sonic game idea.

Debug Ring

First off, those characters, that setting, they have nothing to do with the games. Sonic wouldn't be "going back", it'd be an utterly random tonal shift almost on par with '06.

Yep. Totally agree.

Second, shoving in completely unrelated gameplay has never done the series even an ounce of good. Seriously, there is not one single game where it worked well.

Uh huh. I agree. Nothing I don't agree with he--

Third, Sonic's current gameplay is not good.

And now I'm sad.

As Nepenthe said, little stuff like Robotnik and chili dogs is all well and good, but I can't for the life of me say I have even one ounce of desire for an Archie Sonic game of any kind. I like the game universe as it is now.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

Spin-off or not, Archie characters will be hated by any who've jumped the "Shitty Character" bandwagon we've been seeing in media recently. If reviewers didn't like Generations's inclusion of the other characters, what would make Archie characters be different? Even if they're from a comic that's been running since 1993, they'll just be treated as new characters to media and will automatically be piled with the other "shitty characters."

Plus, say if Sega really wanted to make them reoccuring characters, does nobody consider that they'll change any pre-existing backstories or personality traits for each character just so they'll fit into the Segaverse, thus pissing off a bunch of Archie fans who have grown up on these characters only to see Sega "taint" them?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry but that's just stupid and ridiculous idea. Keep comics/shows out of my games sir. Also.... SONIC LIVE ON EARTH GOD DAMN IT!!!! Not on mobius, his true name is Sonic not Maurice!!! RAGE!! RAGE!!! RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!RAGE!! RAGE!!!

rage-face.png

Not hating on you or anyone who actually like these things of course.

Well..technically Mobius is a future version of Earth in the comics. Most of the human civilization on Mobius has been destroyed due to the Xorda aliens' bomb(although many four-fingered humans, called Overlanders, remain.) The Xorda also bombed the planet with a gene bomb which caused many animals to evolve into Mobians. The only time it was seen as a seperate planet from Earth was in Sonic X--which is different from Sonic SatAM and the comics.

Edited by colorfulzones104