Awoo.

ARTWORK: Gregzilla's Art Topic of Art

Gregzilla

Oooh, those are some nice designs there, I really like the Cacodemon and the Mancubus in particular. These are great.

I don't know what it is, but the colouring just works for me.

Thanks!  The Mancubus was the most fun to design.  I kinda had a whole concept for a Mancubus fight in Doom 4 thought out.  He'd burst through a door with new chainsaw flamethrower hands (because just flamethrowers wasn't enough) and you'd have to destroy those gross tube things on his head to reveal his gory face.

Doom 3 didn't do a lot for me in the excitement department, so I really like thinking of ideas for a possible Doom 4.  No more pitch-blackness, I want a crap ton of visible gore and kickassery.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Game Grumps doodles I did (getting ready for a big new animation).

tumblr_mshgoiQ8241sccgsyo1_1280.pngtumblr_msy2eh6VNA1sccgsyo1_1280.png

And I've been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac, so I whipped up some boss ideas.

tumblr_mt6z2pR2yh1sccgsyo1_1280.png
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow, those are some nice designs. Really diggin' the binding of Issac ones.

Edited by Vectorman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Greg, I am disappointed. You know damn well that Waluigi does EVERYTHING right!

...ahem.

Keep up the great work, man. I love your stuff - it's so expressive!

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

First off, here's a Waluigi thing.

And secondly, I'm happy to announce that I've finished my first contribution for Sonic Paradox's SEGA Shorts Collab!  

It's not officially approved yet (I need 3 moderators/admins at Sonic Paradox to approve it), but TheWax gave it a thumbs-up, and the other folks over there seem to like it.  Hope this is the start of a good friendship with the SP team!

thats plain awesome dude

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Started doodling some vampires while bored in school, and I'm starting to run with some concepts.  I'm really pissed off at the reputation vampires have gotten in recent years, being symbols of shallow romance rather than dignified horror.  I have a few vague ideas in mind that I think would be interesting.  I just really want to try to give vampires some of the dignity they've lost.

vampiress.jpg

And the original school doodles from a few days ago.

photo-on-2013-10-05-at-15-021.jpg

photo-on-2013-10-05-at-15-02-21.jpg

Just early concepts so far.  I'll definitely tweak this girl's design, since I think it look a bit too much like the Succubus from SotN at the moment.  I'll probably give her black hair and a different outfit.

• Thumbs Up 2

More vampz.  I felt like she needed some kind of extra detail, so I added a cross mark on her face.  I could probably weave it into her backstory, like she got in a scuffle and someone tried to kill her with a cross.  To the face.  idunno

tumblr_mu9mjeFtzk1sccgsyo1_1280.png 
  • Thumbs Up 2

Another drawing of the vampire girl.  I tend to really like drawing villains that have a beastly lust for blood and destruction.

screen-shot-2013-10-08-at-5-09-21-pm.png 

And a WIP shot of my next animation.  Expanding on that stupid Waluigi doodle joke I made.

screen-shot-2013-10-08-at-5-09-48-pm.png 
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thought of this stupid idea in my notebook in school on Friday, started animating yesterday evening, and finished this morning.  As a web animator I felt obligated to do a Pokemon cartoon at some point.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Some WIP pics from my third Game Grumps movie trailer.

tumblr_mv06ak1dFx1sccgsyo1_1280.png

tumblr_mw14gghRZG1sccgsyo1_1280.png

And a comic about something. 

tumblr_mwt713fTkx1sccgsyo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

Tom & Jerry as fuck, and it's amazing. Kind obvious someone would do something like this, but the twist you put on it takes it to the next level.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought of this stupid idea in my notebook in school on Friday, started animating yesterday evening, and finished this morning.  As a web animator I felt obligated to do a Pokemon cartoon at some point.

Hey Greg, you do know that the cigarette goes the other way right? Because Squirtle is smoking a filter, and breathing in pure tabaccy. Great work though!

Hey Greg, you do know that the cigarette goes the other way right? Because Squirtle is smoking a filter, and breathing in pure tabaccy. Great work though!

Yes, as I've been reliably informed on YouTube so many fucking times.

But thank you!

Haven't done anything related to my own original characters in a while, so I whipped this up.

tumblr_mx4bzyVc0B1sccgsyo1_1280.png 

But this is actually just a screenshot.  I made a little interactive animated thingy that tells you a quick snippet about each character when you hover over it.  

Check it out here: http://gregzilla14.deviantart.com/art/The-Characters-of-Rebb-417072599

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't done anything related to my own original characters in a while, so I whipped this up.

But this is actually just a screenshot.  I made a little interactive animated thingy that tells you a quick snippet about each character when you hover over it.  

Check it out here: http://gregzilla14.deviantart.com/art/The-Characters-of-Rebb-417072599

Looking at it, it seems like it's going to have a really dark tone to it. Like Invader Zim or Billy & Mandy.

Good stuff Greg

I'd say those are good comparisons for the tone.  Maybe not quite as demented as Invader Zim, but there's plenty of dark content, especially in the later parts of the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really hope something good comes of this.  This is pretty much one of the final steps before the show becomes a reality.

Perhaps I will give it a go, why not XD.... just need to borrow my moms microphone setup for the audition, I havent entirely watched the video yet, what do you want for the audition?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried animating like 4 seconds of Starbomb's "Regretroid" for animation practice.  This took me way more hours than I would have liked. I'm happy with how it came out, but I think this kind of animation would take me way too long for a full video without helpers.

I was in the mood to try this mainly because Danny - renowned member of Ninja Sex Party, Game Grumps, and Starbomb - messaged me the other day wanting to get me on board for a project with him.  I'd like to think pretty much every animation project I've done for the past year has led to this moment, and I hope it opens some doors for more awesome opportunities.

• Thumbs Up 8