Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

I'm totally working on a submission. Probably.

I'm working on something with a special someone, that's for sure.

It's times like these in which I really want to know how to make music of my own. Used to have a fair hand at the piano, but that was a few years ago. Anyway, I wish all participants good luck in the album. Can't wait to see what pieces you guys can come up with this year, as the 2011 music album was just breathtaking! :D

ALL. OF. MY. YES.

For some reason, I've been holding back on touching anything until this topic was fully out the gates like it is now. I really like the motivation this topic drives, and how I can kinda post demos to get awesome feedback to make things better, <3. That said, I already have a list of like 8 songs I potentially want to do, but of course, I'll pick and choose to meet the requirement here, =D.

Are we still having a bonus interlude available by the way? Maybe not just "everyone" but a spot for them open up once we have enough songs (to avoid having to many of them, XD)?

Thanks for getting this up Jeffimania, I AM THE PUMPED

EDIT: Nevermind on the interludes, I didn't read LOL

I'm totally working on a submission. Probably.

I'm working on something with a special someone, that's for sure.

Kickass, my friend. >D

It's times like these in which I really want to know how to make music of my own. Used to have a fair hand at the piano, but that was a few years ago. Anyway, I wish all participants good luck in the album. Can't wait to see what pieces you guys can come up with this year, as the 2011 music album was just breathtaking! biggrin.png

Alright, thanks a bunch! XD We're also taking all feedback we've gotten on the previous one and putting it to good use!

ALL. OF. MY. YES.

For some reason, I've been holding back on touching anything until this topic was fully out the gates like it is now. I really like the motivation this topic drives, and how I can kinda post demos to get awesome feedback to make things better, <3. That said, I already have a list of like 8 songs I potentially want to do, but of course, I'll pick and choose to meet the requirement here, =D.

Are we still having a bonus interlude available by the way? Maybe not just "everyone" but a spot for them open up once we have enough songs (to avoid having to many of them, XD)?

Thanks for getting this up Jeffimania, I AM THE PUMPED

SIR, WE ALL ARE THE PUMPED XD

Right, let me edit that in there. No interludes will be accepted atm. Once we get enough songs, we'll start allowing in a few. xD

Also, Apti totally didn't tell me about you being the pumped for the next one coming around.

5vq72t.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Apti totally didn't tell me about you being the pumped for the next one coming around.

5vq72t.gif

Course not. He totally didn't let me know that you were posting this topic up here sometime this week too

5vq72t.gif

So anyone else think it might be cool to post up some ideas you've had? I can see some people wanting to keep some a surprise until they post it here, but I'm kinda talking from the angle that we don't all paste down a copy of Lava Reef or something at once and then scratch our heads LOL. I couldn't help but notice there was a lot of Scrap Brain (8-bit) last album, with myself being apart of that, XD. It wasn't bad, but like if there was anymore, it might have been too much, haha. I mean it's ok for us to overlap, so I don't want to discourage someone when all of us post our ideas and turn out we all have a same song. I say this, since I'm really up to changing anything on my end so someone else can remix it, =D.

Then again, all this aside, we are on a "first post it, first dibs it" kinda attitude it seems, but I thought I'd try and help maybe plan ahead for everyone idk *feels weird*

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I do wanna join but I'm not sure how well my music ability is as of late. I still am figuring out guitar and I hadn't practiced my cello. But I'll still try regardless.

I do want to do a cello solo on something but its a "we'll see kind of thing." :P

Well I do wanna join but I'm not sure how well my music ability is as of late. I still am figuring out guitar and I hadn't practiced my cello. But I'll still try regardless.

I do want to do a cello solo on something but its a "we'll see kind of thing." tongue.png

Oh man, I was planning on doing a Jungle Joyride - Night remix. IDK if you know how to play that one, but maybe we could work out something if you're up to playing cello!

If only I knew how to music... awell.

I guess I could draw one of those cover artz thingamabobbers.

What size/dimensions do we have to work with anyway?

Edited by Sweecrue

Do we have to clock in what songs we are gonna do?

Nah, it was just a suggestion I made, which I'm kinda regretting honestly. I think it's more of a just "post it" rule. If you come in too late and there's already like 4 Green Hill Zones, you probably shouldn't do Green Hill Zone, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, I was planning on doing a Jungle Joyride - Night remix. IDK if you know how to play that one, but maybe we could work out something if you're up to playing cello!

Well I'm out of practice right now but I could probably play some of it. Unfortunately I can't see if I can however because my cello is at my grandma's place and I won't get it until next week. I should go find some sheet music in the meantime. :P

And hopefully we can work something out alright. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, it was just a suggestion I made, which I'm kinda regretting honestly. I think it's more of a just "post it" rule. If you come in too late and there's already like 4 Green Hill Zones, you probably shouldn't do Green Hill Zone, etc.

I see now, Gotcha.

Awesome, I was wondering when this thread was going to be made! Now I'm excited! :D

I've got quite a few ideas in mind for what I'm going to be doing for this. For now though, I'll post this link to a WIP I started a while ago (I posted it in my remix thread, but I thought it should be posted here too):

Marble Garden Zone remix WIP

Hmm, since other Sega remixes are accepted, maybe I'll try doing a Streets of Rage remix or something. No guarantees though.

I'm so excited you guys! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome, I was wondering when this thread was going to be made! Now I'm excited! biggrin.png

I've got quite a few ideas in mind for what I'm going to be doing for this. For now though, I'll post this link to a WIP I started a while ago (I posted it in my remix thread, but I thought it should be posted here too):

Marble Garden Zone remix WIP

Hmm, since other Sega remixes are accepted, maybe I'll try doing a Streets of Rage remix or something. No guarantees though.

I'm so excited you guys! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, that take on Marble Garden is awesome, <3. I never even thought of it that way! Really looking forward to how you handle the rest of the song, =D.

• Thumbs Up 1

On that note, here's the stuff-muffins I'm working on!

-Beach trope medley

-Speak With Your Heart

-Sonic 2 [8-bit] credits

-Daily Agony from Shenmue

deadline January 31st 2013? CRIKEY! that's a long way off. hope the world doesn't end. jk, i know it won't

btw we could add some song previews from videos or downloads. could we try that VizardJeffhog?

Edited by walterscott380
  • Thumbs Up 1

On that note, here's the stuff-muffins I'm working on!

-Beach trope medley

-Speak With Your Heart

-Sonic 2 [8-bit] credits

-Daily Agony from Shenmue

Nice, I liked how you picked Shenmue too! Thought I was the only one who enjoyed that game and its music.

Yay Shenmue! I never actually played the game, but I know a few of my friends will flip out over that, >3.

As for myself, I haven't started on anything but the first, but what I kinda want to do are:

1. Jungle Joyride Night - Sonic Unleashed

2. Dear My Friend - Sonic Unleashed

3. Green Grove - Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)

4. Let's Make it! - Sonic Adventure 2

5. This Way Out - Sonic Adventure 2

6. Rooftop Run Day - Sonic Unleashed

7. Savannah Citadel Day - Sonic Unleashed

8. Don't Stop - Super Fantasy Zone

9. What I'm Made of... - Sonic Heroes

(possible interlude)

-Advertise (Live and Learn) - Sonic Adventure 2

And yeah, that's just stuff I brainstormed that I could see myself doing anyways. Of course that's over limit and already thinking of interludes, but I'd rather have a lot of ideas to slim down from than not enough ideas, XD. Some of the ones like Rooftop Run I'm not as sure about, but with that one in particular, I think I want to try it in a style that's pretty different than the original. Definitely want to do Jungle Joyride - Night and Let's Make It! though~

EDIT: I realize that probably not everyone is familiar with Fantasy Zone, but the song I listed is this. It's that game with Opa-Opa:

• Thumbs Up 5

I would really like to enter in this but i don't know how to make music like you guys do.

Well I guess I can try something for the cover, and since I have a long time to submit it I will totally do that.

Well, Here is what I know I will be doing so far.

Chrome Gadget - Sonic 3

Launch Base Zone - Sonic 3

Ocean Base Zone - Sonic Advance 3

Jet Set Radio - Miller Ball Breakers

Wacky Workbench (Past) JAP - Sonic CD

Almost forgot, Special Stage - Sonic 1

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 1