Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

*sigh* I guess I'm going to have to just sit down and work these chords out for myself.

Hiya everyone! mikeblastdude sent me here xD I'm hoping to contribute to the album as well. I got a few ideas :3

• Thumbs Up 7

Yay you made it! Welcome to the SSMB Tricky! I think you'll like it here. :D

Anyway, she's really talented you guys, so look forward to some awesome stuff!

Hehe. :3 Thank you very much! I think I'll like it here too as soon as i get used to it and meet some people.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ey Viz! Quick request, could you remove my Wrapped in Black Remix from the finished list? It's pretty much done, but since we've got quite some time I figured I might as well take the time to give all my mixes some extra polish.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ey Viz! Quick request, could you remove my Wrapped in Black Remix from the finished list? It's pretty much done, but since we've got quite some time I figured I might as well take the time to give all my mixes some extra polish.

Speaking of Viz, I have not heard from him in like a week. Hope things are okay for him. Also I can't wait to hear what you have Greg! Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hiya everyone! mikeblastdude sent me here xD I'm hoping to contribute to the album as well. I got a few ideas :3

Welcome aboard, Tricky! Hope ya like it here!

Sorry for the absence, guys. xD We did a wee bit of renovating at home in preparation for my older sister moving out, and sprucing up the house (that, and S4E2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising...).

...oh my GOD, TRICKY! 8'D YOU CAME!

• Thumbs Up 6

Does anyone think they could get the audio for the missile countdown in Metal Harbor for me, without the music? :X I can't seem to find any traces of it anywhere, and it appears the hacking scene hasn't cracked the in-game or cutscene dialog format yet(? But we have unused dialog?), but I think my remix thing here definitely needs a clearer version, without the homing attack sounds.

Either way, It's almost done, I'm pretty sick of working on it at this point. xD I think I need better horns too, but alas...

• Thumbs Up 1

Vizard, do me a favour: Clear everything off my list. I am seriously losing and gaining intrest in some tracks so yeah.. and I am still experimenting and I am not too experienced so yeah... Thanks. I might consider doing a vocal track... not with ripped vocals, an entirely new one... Depends on many factors... I am in a good choir in Singapore but Idk... only time will tell.

Does anyone think they could get the audio for the missile countdown in Metal Harbor for me, without the music? :X I can't seem to find any traces of it anywhere, and it appears the hacking scene hasn't cracked the in-game or cutscene dialog format yet(? But we have unused dialog?), but I think my remix thing here definitely needs a clearer version, without the homing attack sounds.

Either way, It's almost done, I'm pretty sick of working on it at this point. xD I think I need better horns too, but alas...

I can try to help you do the countdown... like using voice alteration and all... It won't be exact but I can try to get a similar one. I can try... I will try my best to.. but I can't guarantee a very good one. =(

Edited by Faseehudeen
  • Thumbs Up 1

Faseehudeen, I think you should just be counted as in with no obligations to any tracks until you're dead certain. That way you don't have to worry about much pressure and can just focus on what tracks you can make awesome. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, close is better than nothing! That'd be fantastic for you to try! =) I'd appreciate it!

Edited by Trashella Boatington III
  • Thumbs Up 1

Faseehudeen, I think you should just be counted as in with no obligations to any tracks until you're dead certain. That way you don't have to worry about much pressure and can just focus on what tracks you can make awesome. tongue.png

It's just that you guys are good...(skips...), awesome, AMAZING! I will try my best. That's for sure. So I don't list any tracks but am counted as participating in this? If that's what you wanted to say, that's what I meant to say. ;D

PS. I prefer being called Faseeh.

PSS. Guys, do you think real instruments are better or VST...etc. are better? Bare in mind, I don't have a very good way to record the real instruments... I am only armed with Garageband and the built-in audio input.

Hey, close is better than nothing! That'd be fantastic for you to try! =) I'd appreciate it!

I will try my best... When do you want it by? I think you are sick of working on this... so you can take a break and I try to work on this.

PS. Is this then counted a Feat. track or Collab track or just the normal type like any other (cuz' I'm just curious)?

Edited by Faseehudeen
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd think it'd be considered a "Sample", or "helping", not really a "collab"... =O Though I could be wrong! I'd like the sample ASAP, but y'know, not too big of a hurry...!

D; Oh geez I have so many collabs...

EDIT: Real instruments all the way. Y'know that Wolfy used Garageband like 90% (ish) of his music, and just listen to how awesome that turned out! =) When you say "built-in audio input", do you mean like... line-in cable? or a microphone?

Edited by Trashella Boatington III

I'd think it'd be considered a "Sample", or "helping", not really a "collab"... =O Though I could be wrong! I'd like the sample ASAP, but y'know, not too big of a hurry...!

EDIT: Real instruments all the way. Y'know that Wolfy used Garageband like 90% (ish) of his music, and just listen to how awesome that turned out! =) When you say "built-in audio input", do you mean like... line-in cable? or a microphone?

XD Haha... I can't do it today or tomorrow... I will start work on Wednesday...

Real instruments? Oh ok. I meant the one that is in the computer. I might get a mic soon. I need to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Try checking out the trial version of Guitar Rig if you're playing guitar or bass. =) It gives you pretty professional guitar/bass tones and it's a free software too. I don't know if you can use that directly in Garageband though, but there's a standalone app that lets you play with the awesome tones!

Loving the Metal Harbor cover! Mastering sounds nice & really just need to get some better Horns & that Countdown if you can.

^_^;; Spend time getting your tune Mastered - You can take a bedroom recording and turn it into this with the right tools.

If I had a good mic, I'd have offered to help you out with the horns since I have a trombone. But I don't so yeah...sorry.

Sounds nice so far, though!

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anyone know where I can find a good drum VST, preferably free? The Ableton drum kits I have aren't that great IMO, so I could use maybe a more realistic sounding one.

Okay, so... Aptiva! To get a good clip to remake it, I was going through playthroughs of Metal Harbour. I found a clip with all the sound intact... but there are somethings to note:

There is only one homing attack sound conviniently right in between 1 and Fire!

There is one dashpad sound right in the middle of 9 and 8.

You can hear the Metal Harbour track in the background.

I can edit out the homing attack sound and dashpad sound... I can edit out the extra parts of the thing... so you will have only the parts with the voice but you can slightly hear the BGM. But your music will totally cover the music I think so only things audible will probably be your music and the sound clips. I will upload what I have for now ASAP. You tell me if it's ok... if not, I'll do the edits necessary.

1st draft of sample:

http://soundcloud.co...r-metal-harbour

PS. If anyone wants to do a vocal track, needs a vocalist, I am alright to do a collab. But it's not guranteed I will work as I am scared my voice won't suite that song possibly and I don't wanna ruin your otherwise amazing track... just saying... so yeah. I just wanna see how it goes. I am still experimenting myself.

Edited by Faseehudeen
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to make a few remixes...

Live And Learn (acoustic interlude)

FeelGood Battery (Flying Battery - Sonic&Knuckles. Melodic remix)

Final iPad (Final Zone - Sonic 1. iPad only remix)

Edit - I'd like to make an original too, if possible. Moonlight Park Zone.

Edited by Wilderness
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I'm debating whether to contribute this to the album:

Feedback?

I have to be honest, compared to your fantastic Underground Zone remix, this remix is kind of.. lazy. The drums are weak and oddly paced, and the instrumentation lacks the luster and variety of your other works. Those sytrus saws can't operate alone, they need some care and finesse, and over-use of that poly-mod lead when literally nothing is going on in the track itself is a surefire way to make it sound really cheap.

I suggest get better drums, structure them better and add more grooves. Design some oscillators of your own to use in place for that poly-mod, add a pad or some strings. Give it more bass and atmosphere.

• Thumbs Up 1