Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

KP, I ain't gving up. I am just saying that my Final Fortess collab might not enter TSSMA'12... right now me and the other guy are thinking if we should just do that or Empire City Night. smile.png

Everybody, GOOD NEWS! I've finally got FL Studio 10 Producer Edition. :3

Bad news is I am running it on a 4:3 laptop which uses Windows Vista. sad.png

Almost forgot, I am working on another solo... Hopefully nobody has taken it yet. If they have, oh well. I'll still continue with it next year and give it to TSSMA'13. So now, below this I am giving three clues to three songs. One of those songs will not be worked on though. Haha.

CLUE 1: Starry Ways through Time. (I'm doing a WIP 1 for it. About 1 min~ but it's too close to the original XD and why the hell I did it in Garageband instead of FL is beyond me... Well, it's good so meh. I'll post the WIP soon.)

CLUE 2: "This reminds me of the Egg Carrier!"

CLUE 3: I can rap in the day here, but what about in the night?

Edited by Faseeh

Thanks for the comments, I think I rushed the rhythm guitar at a few points so I rerecorded it. It should be a little more on-time now. I added some octave stuff too. tongue.png

It kinda makes me think of a Chemical Plant (Modern)-type zone.

It doesn't make me think of a Chemical Plant Modern type act/zone but it sounds cool. :3

The music box (haha, I use Garageband too) at 0:57 doesn't sound so nice along with the other instruments so I'd suggest you changing that.

So, I can't seem to pick up FL Studio yet. Oh well.

I did do this though:

http://youtu.be/VDKR10rpRRo

So far the constructive critisicm I've got (thanks to Stereo) is that it needs layering of instruments (what is that? I have no idea), its sounds very empty, basic and hollow, why am I using Garageband, the drums art too sharp and short so add some reverb to them, the instrumentations, need a lot of work, the song doesn't seem full.

I'll try to correct those. The part around 1:03 will be different in the final product of course and this will be much longer.

Do tell me all your critiques so I can improve on them. smile.png I appreciate them and this is remix is the one I was talking about in clue 1 anyways.

Edited by Faseeh

If anyone needs there Remix's Mastering and EQ'ing be sure to send them my way and I'd more than happy to do them for youu :)

I know I did one of these about 20 pages or so ago, but I recorded another "rough" version last night to see if I could do any better and if it'd be alright enough for everyone to be apart of the album. Still figuring out which chords would be best and such, since I don't want to like, straight up do the song exactly how the original is in terms of chords and blah blah.

Reach for the Stars (Acoustic Rough Version) - Wolfblur

@Wolfy That's an amazing idea dude. Love it so far. :3

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, I was trying to do some mixing for my Stardust Speedway.

SUDDENLY...

Kirk Thornton appeared! He said "I'm the coolest!" I laughed and went back to mixing. He said "Make me a remix or I'll use Chaos Control on you!" I knew he couldn't do it but just then he did a roundhouse kick on me. I was forced to make a remix quickly with vocals by him. I made one and he was happy. He left. I am not happy with it, I think it could be better but here it is for now.

http://youtu.be/nZ8jBKaLJDE

YOU CAN'T SHTAP ME!

(PS. Of course, I was bored of mixing so I was just doing this as I was doing Stardust Speedway and I was hyped for SA2 HD. If you think I am not devoting enough time to these, yeah, I need to slow down. I'm having exams now so I have loads of free time after school and revision. tongue.png)

Edited by Faseeh

If you want to post WIPs, use SoundCloud or Box.com so that way you don't have to upload EVERYTHING on YouTube. and it's tons faster. Just a suggestion.

Also, this sounds very...empty/plain right now. A couple of the notes sound off at times (only slightly, but it's very noticeable).

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 3

I said the same about your Stardust Speedway mix.. its Empty/Plain..

I think using Garageband has a great deal to with it.. Also your musical ability.. You keep using very very reverby pads and make them much louder than the other instruments, Surely you must know its over powering them?

The strings sound very stock, Add some delay on them and some reverb (Not loads and loads) to make them sound more full and real.

The only instrument I do like there is the Bubbly bass, but that needs some EQ'in to boost its actual "Bass", That may be a mastering problem though.

I'm glad your wanting to learn FL. A lot of people ask me to teach them how to use FL and I'm gunna give you the same advice that I gave them.

You can be taught how to use the software until you know what every single tool does and the ins and outs of the software.

But you cannot be taught to be a musician. You either have it or you don't basically.

You can only be taught a little bit of how instruments work together and what volumes accompany eachother, But you need to know that yourself, Almost like instinct. Then you can find your "Style".

Edited by StereoPix3l
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey Joshua! Is there any way I can get in contact with you? I wanted to get started on a collab soon, and I have a few ideas. :P

I said the same about your Stardust Speedway mix.. its Empty/Plain..

I think using Garageband has a great deal to with it.. Also your musical ability.. You keep using very very reverby pads and make them much louder than the other instruments, Surely you must know its over powering them?

The strings sound very stock, Add some delay on them and some reverb (Not loads and loads) to make them sound more full and real.

The only instrument I do like there is the Bubbly bass, but that needs some EQ'in to boost its actual "Bass", That may be a mastering problem though.

I'm glad your wanting to learn FL. A lot of people ask me to teach them how to use FL and I'm gunna give you the same advice that I gave them. You can be taught how to use the software until you know what every single tool does and the ins and outs of the software.

But you cannot be taught to be a musician. You either have it or you don't basically.

You can only be taught a little bit of how instruments work together and what volumes accompany eachother, But you need to know that yourself, Almost like instinct. Then you can find your "Style".

Yeah, I do realise it's kinda overpowering. I did use the same kit for this as the Stardust Speedway remix's.

About the strings, yeah, I'll see.

The bass is alright, it really is an mastering problem.

For the last thing, well, I'll admit this first. It kinda made me feel... (how do I phrase it?) I think the best way to say it is that lose some confidence and such. Yeah, I may just not be a musician but just admitting some thing like that isn't gonna change me is it? I think I just need to learn more about music in general first. I'll see what happens. I'll learn FL a little. I'll learn mastering. I'll learn everything I can and then I'll see if I can do it or I just can't. If I can't then, I guess byebye but I'll still be paying close attention to this project as I'll at least do 1 cover art. If I can, then I guess... I'll just contribute 1 piece. I think only the short amount of time I have now will answer me all this questions. If it doesn't, that means I can't.

Thanks Stereo. I needed a reflection badly.

@Joshua: Thanks. Oh okay, I'll see.

NEW SUBMISSION FINALLY!

I was kind of going through a "remixer's block" for a while there. But I'm happy to say that I finally got the inspiration to make something new for the album! I'll just copy and paste the rest from the YouTube description:

This is a remix of what I guess you could call the "main theme" from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (I mean, you hear it for the first eight stages), with a little bit of the main menu music thrown in.

As for the name, I was recently at a friend's house who had just found an old Sega Genesis from a thrift store. The game we played the most was, of all things, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. In fact, we played it so much that later that night when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I could actually still see beans falling down. This remix is a tribute to that random Mean Bean Machine marathon. I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by mikeblastdude
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Mike - Sounds really retro and old-School! I never really played Mean bean machine, maybe I should :)

The instruments definitely remind me of the Snes/Genesis Era though :')

• Thumbs Up 1

NEW SUBMISSION FINALLY!

I was kind of going through a "remixer's block" for a while there. But I'm happy to say that I finally got the inspiration to make something new for the album! I'll just copy and paste the rest from the YouTube description:

This is a remix of what I guess you could call the "main theme" from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (I mean, you hear it for the first eight stages), with a little bit of the main menu music thrown in.

As for the name, I was recently at a friend's house who had just found an old Sega Genesis from a thrift store. The game we played the most was, of all things, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. In fact, we played it so much that later that night when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I could actually still see beans falling down. This remix is a tribute to that random Mean Bean Machine marathon. I hope you all enjoy it!

Sounds awesome! I especially like how you threw in some of the game's sound effects.

• Thumbs Up 1

SORRY GUYS, WAS GONE ALL WEEKEND BECAUSE CANADIAN THANKSGIVING

and maybe a bit of pokeyman waituu BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT

• Thumbs Up 5

Everyone, I am now getting Logic Pro and I think that will be the product I will be using. I don't need to lose any progress too as Logic Pro can open Garageband projects. I don't think Logic Pro is that bad too, it's more dedicated to live recording but it is good as a DAW too. I can't run FL and all that as I am on a Mac so yeah.

SymphonicGames uses Logic Pro. (According to him he has a lot of Native Instrument software include the MASCHINE hardware that he has been using since he got 200 subscribers. He still did awesome stuff before that.) If it can do stuff like that, I hope I can really use the DAW to its best potential. Thanks for all the encouragement and courage you gave to me guys! I love you all, haha. I know I have it in me. I believe in myself.

Oh and Jeff, happy Canadian thanksgiving! smile.png

And taking a book from foreversonic's book, I also wanna do a unplugged/acoustic remix of a Genesis track so yeah. :3

Edited by The Perplexing Piplup
  • Thumbs Up 2

After all this time I finally got to working on these remixes, here's a quick preview of "The Great Egg Robo". It still has a long way to go before I'm finished.

Edited by Silverfang

After all this time I finally got to working on these remixes, here's a quick preview of "The Great Egg Robo". It still has a long way to go before I'm finished.

Dude, it's unavailable to me D:

I'm getting nervous now because everyone's work is so good!

https://soundcloud.com/matthebassist/free-anti-techno-rm

This is the "3rd version" (third attempt).

New guitars!

More snare!

Bass and solo guitar coming soon!

Still looking for a vocalist :)

Any feedback I'd appreciate. Want to get this on par quality-wise now with the rest of the tracks.

I'm getting nervous now because everyone's work is so good!

https://soundcloud.c...-anti-techno-rm

This is the "3rd version" (third attempt).

New guitars!

More snare!

Bass and solo guitar coming soon!

Still looking for a vocalist smile.png

Any feedback I'd appreciate. Want to get this on par quality-wise now with the rest of the tracks.

Drums are still a little too quiet. :/ You can hear them a little better than the last take, but still, the guitar is overwhelming the drums, which kinda sucks since I worked hard on that drum part XD

I know this is a demo, but it sounds like your playing was really rushed tempo wise. Hopefully you can fix the timing issues in the final versions.

If you need any assistance with mastering or anything, you can ask me or another one of the members! :)

Here's an early work-in-progress of my Poloy Forest mix. Figured I'd share it since I haven't contributed here in a while.

Completely unfinished, still needs percussion, and synths need some tweaking, but I like the direction it's taking so far.

As for my 3D Blast Boss 2 remix, I started it, but I think I'm gonna restart. It sounds too much like a slightly updated version of the original, and I'm gonna try and make it something more unique.

• Thumbs Up 3