Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Hey guys, guess what? Freakin' Garageband screwed me up. It doesn't play anything in the project and then just... just screwed up. I don't know what to do now. I am just sick and tired of it. I actually put so much effort into it and then this happened.

It's such a pain. Oh well, I guess I'll just restart. sad.png

EDIT: Well, if anything, I am getting a Windows soon so FL is here too! YAY! Oh and I don't want to do Stardust Speedway as Carbo already took it long ago and I think my stuff will be meh. Same for Supporting Me, I think I don't share the same amount of love for that track as say, Mad Gear. I might still do Dreams of an Absolution. I think Mad Gear will be an interlude so I am sure that I will try my best to send it at least another track! :3

Edited by Faseeh

Hey Jeff, would it be possible to see a list of what's been submitted so far? Or are some of the tracks a secret? :o

Hey Jeff, would it be possible to see a list of what's been submitted so far? Or are some of the tracks a secret? ohmy.png

I'll send a list to ya in a PM, BUT KEEP IT BETWEEN US, YA HEAR?

• Thumbs Up 2

Jeff, I managed to send the track over yesterday. But you may need to re-download the link just in case; apparently I had exported to mono by mistake and ended up fixing it a few hours later. o_O

Jeff, I managed to send the track over yesterday. But you may need to re-download the link just in case; apparently I had exported to mono by mistake and ended up fixing it a few hours later. o_O

YES! I know what track it is! YAY ME. Rexy, that was amazing. Really, it's been a while since I heard some cool chiptune so yeah. biggrin.png

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'll send a list to ya in a PM, BUT KEEP IT BETWEEN US, YA HEAR?

Aww, but it's going to be so hard to keep it to myself. It's going to torment me keeping it a secret; I'll just want to tell everyone. >_>

Haha, nah, that's cool. :P I just want it for personal reference. Even though I'm pretty sure that I don't have to worry about anyone claiming the songs that I want to cover. I've got some obscure songs in mind that I kind of want to mix, just like I did in the last album.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Jeffy is pissing me off >:U not sure what else I could add, I'm like "sure I'll ask for help"

Anywaaaaaaaaaay.

https://www.box.com/...w9sbbjd5yqqtb7x

Anybody help me make this sound good?

I hate to be blunt, but this has no originality. I feel like you're just straight up trying to recreate the original song, and that's where it flops. Find a way to change up the existing melody, or even add a new one. Make it your own, you can do it!

Edited by KatamariParadox

I hate to be blunt, but this has no originality. I feel like you're just straight up trying to recreate the original song, and that's where it flops. Find a way to change up the existing melody, or even add a new one. Make it your own, you can do it!

I'm positive Jeff said arrangements and covers are alright but Blue, trust me. That thing has potential, really. I know you can do it. Just relax a bit and the come back to it. You'll have some nice ideas. :)

Anyone know how to make this mix not sound so bad? xD

Don't use Garageband XD Hey, anyways it's not that bad. It's quite good! Maybe you could try a different bass and do some layering effects and some filters. I ain't the best at stuff like this but I'd thought I'd say this.

I have to say, this sounds AWESOME so far! Can't wait to hear how it turns out when it's complete. biggrin.png

Easy, Finish it.

Find better Kick/Snare samples that don't sound so out of place.

Master the track to Perfection.

I agree, I like how this sounds - Just give it some care.

• Thumbs Up 3

B-but GarageBand limits me so much! D:

Anyone know of a Mac-compatible drum sample thing that sounds better? xD

I'd get Logic Pro but my computer's too old to run it. I might just invest in a new comp and Logic at some point, but it's so expensive.

I'd say EZDrummer or Nexus 2. :) You could ask some one here for snare drum samples too. This is Episode Battle... wait, I mean TSSMA with 20% more collabs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say EZDrummer or Nexus 2. smile.png You could ask some one here for snare drum samples too. This is Episode Battle... wait, I mean TSSMA with 20% more collabs.

*coughstolethatfrommecough*

Anyway yeah, EZDrummer or Addictive Drums are a good choice for mac, and Nexus2 is an amazing VST, I suggest you check them out.

• Thumbs Up 2

There will be a special guest remix included in my SEGA medley. Though not entirely SEGA, the franchise is well affiliated with them and is mostly known for it's SEGA console versions. You'll really have to use your head to figure out what it is. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey Jeff, I had a pretty awesome idea.

Instead of how y'all did the album titles last time, with the artist's title and then the level name in brackets, you should totally do the titles Sonic Adventure OST style.

For example, my Speed Slider remix is probably gonna be titled "Speed of Panic". So you would render it like this:

Speed of Panic ...for Speed Slider

I think it would be cool, wild and groovy~

• Thumbs Up 4

^That's a really nice idea but could be a little confusing.

Anyways, I read through the thread from page 1. I saw that we have 3 Aquarium Parks (Cola, Shelbi and KP), 2 Mad Gears (Me and Grimchief) and 2 Starsdust Speedway (Carbo and Aptiva) so we have quite some clashes.

Anyways, there's something I learnt over this few months: How much I've matured. That's really thanks to SSMB and this project. After interacting with you all, I really think that my way of thinking and all that is different. Seriously, looking back at page 13 and my posts, I look like a total idiot and I just slapped myself after reading that stuff now.

My quality in music-making too has largely been better, from a really stupid layout medley thing that doesn't deserve a single credit to an okay Mad Gear remix over the course of a maximum of 5 months. I really want to thank DJ EAR, KP, Stereo, Vizard, Urban, Wolfy, AR for giving me tips, advice, talking to me, helping me out there and then, here and now.

Thanks to all of you too. I look up to all of you for your amazing 'tudes and tunes.

I just felt like saying that. Yeah. :)

I also had this interview idea to build up for TSSMA'12. Asked Carbo, Vizard and Wolfy about it, they said they will join if I get prepared and all so yeah, let's see if I can do anything! :D And I'll try my best to make sure all of you are interviewed. Gotta catch 'em all!

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think TSSZ did some interviews last year. I wonder if they will this year too.

I thought it was only for Jeff. If they are gonna do for all of us, that'd be great, I guess? I'm still not gonna stop this nor am I gonna miss out anyone. Well, unless somebody here hates me till they want to kill me and don't even want to talk to me... then I guess there's no way to talk to them. Oh and, if I really can't find a way to communicate with someone like they did submit a track and then left SSMB (god forbid that happening), then I guess so too.

Let's just be positive. :D

They interviewed quite a few people last time, I missed out last year so I'd love to do an interview this time smile.png

I missed everything haha. Don't worry Stereo, I'll get you in too.

Finished Streaming

Well things went well I think, for a short stream that was not announced more than an hour beforehand, and with not much plan - I think I covered some decent production tips.

Next time I stream, there will be a few days notice and I'll try to pick a time more people can listen in at - Again, If you have any production questions, ask them! I'm doing this to help you!

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think that I'm going to make myself a challenge.

I will perfect a piano version of A Symbol Of Thrill (Red Mountain, SA1).

I will do it with my right hand in a cast.

I will create album art and all that other stuff.

I will get it done by January 31st, 2012.

Wish me luck! I'll probably come up short, but I really don't want to have to wait until next year's album because of a stupid wrist injury.

NO WRIST INJURY IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO STOP ME!

• Thumbs Up 4

An interview would definitely be nice. But I'm not holding any luck - strangely, a handful of us were promised interviews regarding the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts, but that never came to happen (and it's too late for it to happen). All I can really do is step in and do as much as I can, and be sure to give back to one of the more positive aspects of the Sonic fandom :)

As for the Sonic Adventure style thing, I think it's mostly a cool idea... until we get to stuff like this for an example::

[sAMPLE TITLES]

- "Up, Over and Gone!... for S3 Credits"

- "Sayonara Shadow... for Event: The Last Scene"

- "Chase the Rainbow... for Theme From Sonic Colors"

(why can't I think of such awesome titles for my own sometimes? xD)

I do like the purpose though and think it can give it some personality, though ultimately I think it's going to depend more on the sources used and how they can be adapted if at all. We'll see how things go though.

• Thumbs Up 1

An interview would definitely be nice. But I'm not holding any luck - strangely, a handful of us were promised interviews regarding the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts, but that never came to happen (and it's too late for it to happen). All I can really do is step in and do as much as I can, and be sure to give back to one of the more positive aspects of the Sonic fandom smile.png

Well, Rexy, I repeat: None of you will be missed. I'll make sure I do the interviews. It's gonna be fun... and scary but scary fun, yeah.

I think that I'm going to make myself a challenge.

I will perfect a piano version of A Symbol Of Thrill (Red Mountain, SA1).

I will do it with my right hand in a cast.

I will create album art and all that other stuff.

I will get it done by January 31st, 2012.

Wish me luck! I'll probably come up short, but I really don't want to have to wait until next year's album because of a stupid wrist injury.

NO WRIST INJURY IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO STOP ME!

You, sir, have just won all my support! Go on man!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I am doing album art too. biggrin.png

Edited by Faseeh