Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Man, Summer can't come fast enough.

It's 12:30 AM here in Orange County in Southern California, and it's at LEAST 79 Degrees Outside......

Give the Summer as much damn time as it needs, PLEASE, I don't know how many more Industrial strength fans I'll need to buy just to get to sleep tonight.

Hey, can you sign me up for the following: (I don't know if I'd do all but yeah)

Sonic Unleashed Day Levels Medley (Title: The World by Day)

Sonic 06 Mach Speed Levels Medley (Title: Blast Off!)

Sonic Heroes Level Medley (Title: The Super Power of Teamwork!)

Sonic Colors Acts 1 Medley (Title: The Gist of The Amusement Park)

Yeah... I need to think of one song type think to remix. Can someone give me ideas? (I'd like the suggested song to be from the mainstream games) Thanks.

(Note: All of this are tentative but just sign me up and I still need the suggestions.)

Edited by AkaOmniFaseeh

I think I want to do a collaboration with someone on Death Egg MK II.

EDIT: I've got Wolfy on board for it. This is going to be awesome.

Edited by Wearied Flames

Yup! Who's gonna rock the place? TOO BAD, WE ARE.

There's a cap on collab limits right? I didn't plan on really doing any, so I'm not too concerned about running out or anything. This is gonna be awesome, >D.

• Thumbs Up 1

3/user on collabs.

EDIT: Alright, I'll be nabbing either "Sylvania Castle Act 3" or "Vs. Metal Sonic!" from S4:E2.

EDIT2: Also, I'm thinking of organizing a forerunner album before we release the whole deal... Still thinking about it.

So yeah, I totally am gonna do Sky Fortress - Act 2 now, hands down. It's just way to amazing, D;. That said, I think I'm gonna take off Rooftop Run and What I'm Made of... from my list, and add this.

I think I'm gonna continue the whole "empire" thing like I did with my last year's song "Building the Empire." Each year I'll make a progressive addition to the line and see how far that can go, =D. So I'll probably name Sky Fortress - Act 2 "Launching the Empire" or something, >D.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh...Medleys are seriously hard to pull together... (Vizard, you still haven't signed me up... for what I asked...)

I really need suggestion on one song to do... (Pls suggest a song from the mainstream games and I prefer Adventure Era and Modern Era more than Classic Era.) (Pls help ASAP.) :D thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still would like help with those chords, Viz. Right now I'm focussing on the bassline though. Never knew Golden Axe had such good bass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh...Medleys are seriously hard to pull together... (Vizard, you still haven't signed me up... for what I asked...)

I really need suggestion on one song to do... (Pls suggest a song from the mainstream games and I prefer Adventure Era and Modern Era more than Classic Era.) (Pls help ASAP.) biggrin.png thanks.

Instead of waiting, I realised I should use my time to look through every Modern + Adventure Era mainstream game music and choose something... Btw, I will upload a layout of my Sonic Unleashed Medley soon... It is basically voice clips and the ORIGINAL game music pieced together... it is just a tryout... Don't ban me or whatsoeva, I am only givin in my real entries in Nov.

...what do you mean by that exactly, original game music pieced together?

@Big Gerk: About that. The links you gave us before, is it from those exact time markers you left? If so, until when?

Well, Vizard, this is what I meant:

It is a super draft..just me testing out my Garageband and Soundcloud. Just the layout only. I have noted a few flaws. Feedback appreciated. Trust me, the final version for what I produce will be original.

http://snd.sc/JzD9TF

Well, if it's just to get an idea of the layout of your final submission, then good, but just one problem...

...15 minutes is way too long. ^^; We got off easy with the DoaA that clocked in 10 minutes on its own, but that's just too much. There has to be a bit of a balance between each song, and time is the main aspect here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Vizard, this is what I meant:

It is a super draft..just me testing out my Garageband and Soundcloud. Just the layout only. I have noted a few flaws. Feedback appreciated. Trust me, the final version for what I produce will be original.

http://snd.sc/JzD9TF

Cut down each song first. There's no real need to have each of them run that long in a medley. The songs need to flow into each other better too. Use the Sonic 1 or 2 ending medley as a reference to flow and length.

...and I find those voice clips kind of annoying. When you put clips like that in a song, try to make them keep to the beat. I recommend you just have a voice clip at the beginning and leave the rest of the song just music.

Edited by KatamariParadox

Cut down each song first. There's no real need to have each of them run that long in a medley. The songs need to flow into each other better too. Use the Sonic 1 or 2 ending medley as a reference to flow and length.

...and I find those voice clips kind of annoying. When you put clips like that in a song, try to make them keep to the beat. I recommend you just have a voice clip at the beginning and leave the rest of the song just music.

Ya, I realized that bad flow and over big size. I'll cut down the voice clips. I'll cut down the song too... I planned how to make the songs flow into each other anyway, but I can't do that on a machine, I need to get on physical instruments, which I ain't gonna do now.

Thanks a lot anyway! ;D

Well, if it's just to get an idea of the layout of your final submission, then good, but just one problem... ...15 minutes is way too long. ^^; We got off easy with the DoaA that clocked in 10 minutes on its own, but that's just too much. There has to be a bit of a balance between each song, and time is the main aspect here.

Yeah, I got a vibe that I'll get that feedback. Thanks! :D

@Big Gerk: About that. The links you gave us before, is it from those exact time markers you left? If so, until when?

Wilderness (1:09 to 3:53)

Battlefield (3:56 to 6:01)

Fiend's Path (3:26 to End)

I won't be using all the bits of it in the actual medley, but I still need to know all the chords anyway to be able to do it properly.

There's also some links to midi's here.

Edited by Big Gerk

Alright, noted. Thanks Gerk!

On my end, I've decided to tackle "Vs. Metal Sonic!" from Sonic 4: Episode II. Though it's basically a short loop, it's a very badass one and an incredibly catchy tune at that, and what I have in mind to extend it into a full blown song will blow your fucking minds. It did for me anyway!

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I got some ideas figured out. Put me down for Lava Reef (mixed with Hot Head Bop from DKC2) and Poloy Forest from Tails Adventure! That brings me to 4 songs, and I'll figure out the other 2 later.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ya, I realized that bad flow and over big size. I'll cut down the voice clips. I'll cut down the song too... I planned how to make the songs flow into each other anyway, but I can't do that on a machine, I need to get on physical instruments, which I ain't gonna do now.

Thanks a lot anyway! ;D

Well actually, if you're making your own music for this like you say you are, you can make them flow into each other whether computer synths or live instruments. wink.png

Hi again guys! Okay so... you know I said I would do SU Day Levels Medley, Sonic Heroes Level Medley, SC Acts 1 Medley & SNG Mach-Speed Zone Medley... I realised medleys are real headaches at times and hence, I will give the layout I plan for all 3 of them, you guys say which one you like the most and think will turn out the most interesting and I will only continue working on it.

Btw, I wanna send in another 1-3 more pieces of one level music and I have tons of idea. Please choose 5 (and rank them) from the list that you think is like not a clashing track and think can go well with album and all:

1. Chemical Plant Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

2. Speed Highway Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

3. Seaside Hill Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

4. Crisis City Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

5. Rooftop Run Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

6. Planet Wisp Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

7. Misty Lake

8. Azure Blue World (Acoustic Remix)

9. Sonic VS Shadow (Shut Up Faker! + For True Story + Event: Sonic Vs Shadow)

10. That's the Way I Like It! (Metal Harbour)

11. Won't Stop! Just GO! (Green Forest)

12. Plant Kingdom (Heavy Mix)

13. Haunted Ship (Ghostly Mix)

14. Sky Babylon (Heavy Mix)

15. Right There, Ride On (Modern Boosting Remix)

16. Back 2 Back

17. What U Need (Modern Boosting Remix)

18. Jeh Jeh Rocket (Modern Boosting Remix)

I might update more... as I haven't look through SU. But please reply what you think asap. XD Thanks a lot!

Well actually, if you're making your own music for this like you say you are, you can make them flow into each other whether computer synths or live instruments. wink.png

Well... I prefer doing it physically. ;)

Okay, I got some ideas figured out. Put me down for Lava Reef (mixed with Hot Head Bop from DKC2) and Poloy Forest from Tails Adventure! That brings me to 4 songs, and I'll figure out the other 2 later.

Kickass! >D Something obscure!

Hi again guys! Okay so... you know I said I would do SU Day Levels Medley, Sonic Heroes Level Medley, SC Acts 1 Medley & SNG Mach-Speed Zone Medley... I realised medleys are real headaches at times and hence, I will give the layout I plan for all 3 of them, you guys say which one you like the most and think will turn out the most interesting and I will only continue working on it.

Btw, I wanna send in another 1-3 more pieces of one level music and I have tons of idea. Please choose 5 (and rank them) from the list that you think is like not a clashing track and think can go well with album and all:

4. Crisis City Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

5. Rooftop Run Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

6. Planet Wisp Act 2 (Boosting Remix)

7. Misty Lake

8. Azure Blue World (Acoustic Remix)

9. Sonic VS Shadow (Shut Up Faker! + For True Story + Event: Sonic Vs Shadow)

10. That's the Way I Like It! (Metal Harbour)

13. Haunted Ship (Ghostly Mix)

16. Back 2 Back

I might update more... as I haven't look through SU. But please reply what you think asap. XD Thanks a lot!

Eh, I wouldn't wanna tell you what to do though... But I'll take out the clashing songs like you asked. Those that have been crossed out are songs that are already called, those in italics being songs already done in the last album. So, removing both, you have these left to choose from:

7. Misty Lake

http://soundcloud.co...-demo-guitars-1

Made a few mistakes, but you get the idea smile.png

Removed the breakdown because I didn't think it was going to work.

You can hear the backing track smile.png

Anyone want to do the drums for this? Would be appreciated!

Also need a vocalist!

Of course, this is not final quality yet!

This is just rhythm guitars!

Edited by iwantthatguitar
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I decided to do a remix of Tikal's theme too:

http://soundcloud.com/pulsetitan/proper-fix-for-tikal-theme

It's a hip hop mix, but that may change with time. I also may add some lyrics to it.

This isn't anywhere near final, since I did this on my Ipad.

I'm gonna put the project into Fl Studio and begin tweaking a few things like bass and ambiance.

Thoughts & opinions are greatly appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 6

So I decided to do a remix of Tikal's theme too:

http://soundcloud.co...for-tikal-theme

It's a hip hop mix, but that may change with time. I also may add some lyrics to it.

This isn't anywhere near final, since I did this on my Ipad.

I'm gonna put the project into Fl Studio and begin tweaking a few things like bass and ambiance.

Thoughts & opinions are greatly appreciated.

I like it!

Here's an early demo of my Lava Reef/ Hot-head Bop mix. It's nowhere near even being close to finished, but so far I think it's coming along well. As long as Garageband doesn't crap out on me with the exporting. The more realistic instruments I use, the less it cooperates. Welp, lemme know what ya think!

• Thumbs Up 4