Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

My two cents is that people shouldn't be aiming for 3000 different songs, but instead pick one or two that they can polish up to be the best they can be. I mean a lot of people are naming enough songs to be entire single albums on their own.

I almost think maybe its getting TOO crazy and we're focusing on quantity over quality. I can understanding listing the tracks that are wanting to be tackled, but I think we should keep it realistic here and focus on producing a better final product than a really large one...

• Thumbs Up 8

Sorry, for double posting this but is Whirlwind the Crisis City Mach-Speed Zone music or is it Tornado? The name kinda makes me think it is Tornado...but when hearing Whirlwind, I end up thinking it's Whirlwind. So which one is it? Am totally confused here.huh.pngwacko.png

I'm not sure since I didn't really play 06.

...Youtube gameplay vid maybe?

Edited by Faseehudeen

Yo, Jeff! Add a title to mine, I'm commencing work on my first remix!

"Waiting in Line (for Aquarium Park)"

As you probably guessed, I'm doing elevator music.

• Thumbs Up 1

Viz, I was planning for my Misty Lake (Beautiful Lake) Remix, a question popped into my mind. Is there such a thing as too faithful a remix? Must the song be re-arranged?

Like this is how my layout of Beautiful Lake goes,

1st: Flute playing of main loop

2nd: Drums and violin playing of main loop

3rd: Trumpet, drums and violin playing of main loop

4th: Violin and flute playing, drums (drums to be softest) of after main loop interlude/break

5th: Normal play

6th: Mix in of Acoustic Knight of the Wind

7th: Normal play & end

Is this too faithful?

Viz, I was planning for my Misty Lake (Beautiful Lake) Remix, a question popped into my mind. Is there such a thing as too faithful a remix? Must the song be re-arranged?

Like this is how my layout of Beautiful Lake goes,

1st: Flute playing of main loop

2nd: Drums and violin playing of main loop

3rd: Trumpet, drums and violin playing of main loop

4th: Violin and flute playing, drums (drums to be softest) of after main loop interlude/break

5th: Normal play

6th: Mix in of Acoustic Knight of the Wind

7th: Normal play & end

Is this too faithful?

• Thumbs Up 2

Vizard, could you replace Stardust Speedway Past with Wacky Workbench Past for me? I feel like I shouldn't limit myself based on what I think I can or can't do, and WWP is my favorite past song in the game.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vizzard, could you replace Stardust Speedway Past with Wacky Workbench Past for me? I feel like I shouldn't limit myself based on what I think I can or can't do, and WWP is my favorite past song in the game.

By god, how I hate that level...

• Thumbs Up 3

By god, how I hate that level...

Oh yeah, the level was definitely annoying, I'm not denying that. The Past music was just so damn catchy though.

Speaking of which, here's a pretty cool remix of it that I found a while back. This seems like as good a time as any to show it off, it needs more views.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's nice. Is it original or a remix? It sounds like something I woukd slow breakdance to.

I ain't very proffesional at this buisness so I can't give any valuable feedback. Sorry

It's original. And hey, I'm not a pro either... in fact that's the first music track I've ever made (you know, besides a MJ - Sonic 3 remix here or there).

Oh, your piece doesn't make you seem new. It sounds kinda pro. Viz, will you be doing the profile writing of artist thingy this time too? Haha, just asking. XD

Here's what I got so far:

http://soundcloud.com/grimchi3f/techno-jungle-wip-2

What do you guys think? Should I add something? Take something away? Just keep it as is?

It sounds alright I suppose. It seems a bit like it's trying to be too many things at once, and there are too many singular instruments that do too much work on their own, with the clearest example being that weighty bass you have. I suggest adding some harmonies, chords and melodies to it. The mid-section lead also needs to have it's levels fixed. Tune down those highs.

Also the bending kind of doesn't work. The bass is far too quick to justify it without any chords in the background and I suggest you get rid of that. The gated sequencer you have in the mid-section sounds like it could be something you could build around, but without any sort of beat or rhythm to it the suspended notes you have make it all the more confusing as to what's going on in the track.

• Thumbs Up 3

You're using FPC for the drums I assume?

I'd suggest using a better instrument, perhaps a soundfont. It sounds a bit weak as it is. If you want to settle for your current instrument, you should run an EQ through it, as well as expanding the multi-bands.

The drums are also kind of dry. You should add some reverb to it, maybe some to the bass too.

• Thumbs Up 5

Here's an idea for a remix~

And combine it with~

I think Chronicles deserves some remixin'... infact... it's in desperate need of it.ph34r.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to harp on anyones parade...but...

The Deadline for the album is near the end of the year.

It's May. 7 Months away.

I really don't think everyone needs to be rushing out tunes with that much time to spare, do you?

• Thumbs Up 8

Not to harp on anyones parade...but...

The Deadline for the album is near the end of the year.

It's May. 7 Months away.

I really don't think everyone needs to be rushing out tunes with that much time to spare, do you?

Exactly. Spend time fine tuning every last little thing to make sure it really is the best. There isn't a race here or "whoever has the most is obviously cooler" stuff. I mean if you're fired up now and want to remix everything, by all means do it, but yeah, just make sure you pace yourself and junks~

Plus, I don't have anything yet, you're making me look slow, >:U

• Thumbs Up 6

Don't worry Wolfy, I don't have much up yet either (except maybe a demo later herpderp).

...OH SHIT! NEW GUY! 8D

HI NEW GUY. WELCOME. WELCOMEWELCOMEWELCOME.

*looking at you, Rhythm&Pulse93!*

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo. This is such a fantastic project. I'm definitely about to get in on this action. It seems like everyone has so many good ideas for remixes flowing...I'm still trying to figure out what to remix myself but I've been working on something original for about a week now during school (I'm just finishing up my frosh year as a music major :P ). I want to try to get a sample of at least SOMETHING up on my SoundCloud soon since everyone's been sharing.

Also, I'm new to the SSMB, so hi all. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 8