Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

^ Dude, that sounds fantastic so far o_O

https://www.box.com/...a2365e54789a3bf

(Careful, there's an audio glitch at the very beginning. I obviously intend to cut that out... XD)

Also I did this WIP... XD put me down for Green Hill Zone too, I guess! Someone had to do it! It's not finished and that's not the full length just yet, but yeah <:

Augh I can't decide whether to go full on real guitars or keep that fake one in there. The fake one makes it sound kinda Sonic Rush'y. I'll have to try with both...!

I recommend using fake guitars.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Dude, that sounds fantastic so far o_O

Really? happy.png I'm glad you think so, although something is bugging me about it so far. It feels like it's missing something...

(Careful, there's an audio glitch at the very beginning. I obviously intend to cut that out... XD)

Also I did this WIP... XD put me down for Green Hill Zone too, I guess! Someone had to do it! It's not finished and that's not the full length just yet, but yeah <:

Augh I can't decide whether to go full on real guitars or keep that fake one in there. The fake one makes it sound kinda Sonic Rush'y. I'll have to try with both...!

Wow, that's sounding pretty good so far. It's got some original bits, I like that. As for the guitar thing, I'm gonna vote real guitars. I think it would work better in this scenario.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woot! Thanks guys, I wanted to try with real guitars and I think I like it better that way. =) (the previous link is now updated with real guitars and bass... XD)

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds really great! smile.png I vote for real guitars too (because I hate fake guitars).

• Thumbs Up 2

I made some overall improvements to my remix so far and updated the WIP, the link is the same.

http://soundcloud.co...-conundrums-wip

Expect me to update this WIP a few times as I make more and more progress. I want to keep everyone in the know (~_^). It is some of my first real work. I promise I won't update this often in future remixes, but I feel like I could use some feedback as I go along for now.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 4

I made some overall improvements to my remix so far and updated the WIP, the link is the same.

http://soundcloud.co...-conundrums-wip

Expect me to update this WIP a few times as I make more and more progress. I want to keep everyone in the know (~_^). It is some of my first real work. I promise I won't update this often in future remixes, but I feel like I could use some feedback as I go along for now.

I loved the dramatic build up! Want to hear more of this smile.png

The way the volume builds up and more instruments get added until a climax, where everything but the bass drops for that brief moment is absolutely great :)

Edited by iwantthatguitar
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aptiva: That GHZ mix is sounding pretty awesome! Also, my vote goes for using real guitars. The choice is obviously up to you though.

@KatamariParadox: I really like how your mix is turning out! Nice build-up you've got going, looking forward to seeing where you take it. Also, if this is really your first work as far as remixing goes then I'm really impressed. This is WAY better than the stuff I was doing when I first started. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

@Aptiva: The Sonic Battle approach! Nice! Sounds great bro!

@Katamari: Sounding good dude!

@guitar: Keep it coming! :D

• Thumbs Up 3

I just listened to the final version, and I noticed that you managed to sneak in quite a number of tunes. Green Hill (Sonic Battle), Leaf Storm, Emerald Coast, Quartz Quadrant Present, Sonic CD Title, Reach For The Stars, and Splash Hill Zone (Act 1) were the ones I recognized off the top of my head. Did I miss any?

I was wondering... In my Misty Lake remix, the intro can be the main loop sung by the Soprano section of a choir. Then the drums kick in and we fly off. Thing is I only have a Mac, I am not allowed to spend money, so I can't find a VST to help me do the job. Can any of you do this for me? I'd be very grateful...

PS. Vizard, if that person helps me, is this then considered a collab?

I just listened to the final version, and I noticed that you managed to sneak in quite a number of tunes. Green Hill Zone (Sonic Battle), Leaf Storm, Emerald Coast, Quartz Quadrant Present, Sonic CD Title, Reach For The Stars, and Splash Hill Zone (Act 1) were the ones I recognized off the top of my head. Did I miss any?

Nope! "Sonic CD Title"/"Sonic You Can Do Anything" could also be "Green Hills" from Sonic 2 Gamegear though...! Thanks everyone. =D

EDIT: Oh I guess Egg Hawk could be considered one, for the drums. Unintentional, but way too similar to it to not count. XD

Edited by Aptiva

@Aptiva, This mix is sounding awsome man! The Guitars sound perfect, Love what youve done with the reverb and stuff :)

I think it needs some mastering before you release it though I think, Needs a little more bass and umph on the drums.

Loving it though, Sounds very Proffessional!

@Katamari Paradox

Sounding neat man, I know your just starting off remixing but it's going well :)

Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

Walp, my Sky Fortress Act 2 remix officially just became 50/50 with High and Broken from Secret Rings. They mesh so damn well it's not even funny, >3. Now that I kinda figured out what I want to do, I should have a demo maybe out later today~

• Thumbs Up 7

Walp, my Sky Fortress Act 2 remix officially just became 50/50 with High and Broken from Secret Rings. They mesh so damn well it's not even funny, >3. Now that I kinda figured out what I want to do, I should have a demo maybe out later today~

I am looking forward to this.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Updated my WIP for the Wacky Workbench Past remix again.

http://soundcloud.com/katamariparadox/construction-conundrums-wip

I can't find a good synth or sound to represent the lead still...

I know I'm new to this, but please don't hesitate to give feedback on how it sounds, as long as it's constructive. I could use some advice on how it could be improved. Speaking of which, I'm hoping to see you on Skype again soon, Aptiva. You were really great to talk to, and I could use someone to send my ideas and progress to to get feedback on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Updated my WIP for the Wacky Workbench Past remix again.

http://soundcloud.com/katamariparadox/construction-conundrums-wip

I can't find a good synth or sound to represent the lead still...

I know I'm new to this, but please don't hesitate to give feedback on how it sounds, as long as it's constructive. I could use some advice on how it could be improved. Speaking of which, I'm hoping to see you on Skype again soon, Aptiva. You were really great to talk to, and I could use someone to send my ideas and progress to to get feedback on.

I really like, nicely adapted!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, I just remembered. Vizard, put me down for Chrome Gadget from Sonic 3. Everyone's been goin' crazy over Endless Mine being in City Escape Classic, but I think a lot of people forgot about some of the other great songs to grace Sonic 3's multiplayer. In fact, the multiplayer has some of my favorite songs in that game!

I just realized that makes 3 songs I'm doing that Urban Flow is as well. Unintentionally, too.

I just spoke with KatamariParadox; Since there are 3 duplicates on both of our list, we decided to collaborate on Chrome Gadget. As for the Sonic Mega Collection and Wacky Workbench Past its still a possibility I might do it (or not) I think at least doing a collab or 2 this time around won't kill me so yeah add us in for that and remove it from our original list.

EDIT: Okay there might be some problems unfortunately getting around to the project so......it might not happen =/ but hell we'll see.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some Updates:

-About 45% done with my Hang Castle Mix.

-Started a remix last night: Chao Race (from Adventure 2)

-My Original Track's coming along slowly, but hey, I got until November to figure it out.

-Just ordered FL Studio online (for $43 actually. Thank you, dumb luck for winning me a $250 gift card!!!!!!), So once I get the hang of it, expect a complete version of the Frog Forest mix, plus early demos of a couple other songs, including a Funk to the Top remix (Yeah that's right. Ollie King!).

I have a crap-ton of ideas, but for now, mark me down for the following (and add me to the list already, damn you!!! XD)

-Sonic Heroes: Frog Forest

-Sonic Heroes: Hang Castle/Fort Minor: Petrified

-Sonic Adventure 2: Chao Race

-Sonic Adventure 2: Lost Colony

-Ollie King: Funk to the Top

-Shadow the Hedgehog: Digital Circuit

-Sonic Battle: Emerl (Final Battle)

-Original Song

Edited by Hiro Kageyama
  • Thumbs Up 3

Got a bunch of things to share.

First off, Viz, I want you to clear my list of all Sonic mixes.

I've begun work on the Rhythm Thief remix, and I've given it a tenative title - "Butler Brawl"

I WILL be contributing a Sonic remix, a Colors track remixed as elevator music. I'm not sure which track, though, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I'm hoping to add another mix, but I'll think about that on a later date.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sky Troops is almost done, and you can put my 6th remix as another collab with Hinchy: Ice Cap. Considering the base he showed me alone sounds more impressive than a majority of Ice Cap remixes... ahem.. floating around out there, I think it should be pretty interesting.

• Thumbs Up 3