Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Thanks for the feedback!

The reason I was wary of contributing it is because its an old mix from around a year ago and I decided to touch it up a little.. Guess that post kinda proves I have improved over time :)

I'll probably just leave it on Youtube but wont contribute it (Y)

Thanks for the feedback!

The reason I was wary of contributing it is because its an old mix from around a year ago and I decided to touch it up a little.. Guess that post kinda proves I have improved over time smile.png

I'll probably just leave it on Youtube but wont contribute it (Y)

Sounds like it has promise, but as Carbo said, the instrumentation sounds kinda off.

I'd definitely like to see if you can maybe try and tweak it some more. Suitable Opponent was one of my favorite songs from SA2, and, seeing how great your stuff from the last album was, I think you probably could turn it into an awesome remix. Of course you don't have to, just a suggestion lol happy.png

Edited by Hiro Kageyama
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so... Aptiva! To get a good clip to remake it, I was going through playthroughs of Metal Harbour. I found a clip with all the sound intact... but there are somethings to note:

There is only one homing attack sound conviniently right in between 1 and Fire!

There is one dashpad sound right in the middle of 9 and 8.

You can hear the Metal Harbour track in the background.

I can edit out the homing attack sound and dashpad sound... I can edit out the extra parts of the thing... so you will have only the parts with the voice but you can slightly hear the BGM. But your music will totally cover the music I think so only things audible will probably be your music and the sound clips. I will upload what I have for now ASAP. You tell me if it's ok... if not, I'll do the edits necessary.

1st draft of sample:

http://soundcloud.co...r-metal-harbour

PS. If anyone wants to do a vocal track, needs a vocalist, I am alright to do a collab. But it's not guranteed I will work as I am scared my voice won't suite that song possibly and I don't wanna ruin your otherwise amazing track... just saying... so yeah. I just wanna see how it goes. I am still experimenting myself.

<3 aaa

Thank you! And perhaps I might need a vocalist!

Edited by Aptiva

<3 aaa

Thank you! And perhaps I might need a vocalist!

I'm a good singer, so I'd love to help sing a track for someone. My music progress is going really slow right now. My laptop's fan is wearing out, so I can't use it until we get a new one, which could very well end up taking the entire Summer. I want to contribute in that time, but the extent of what I can do is really limited. My singing skills have never really been put to good use though, so yeah.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go for it!!

Also I figure because nobody really ever checks my music thread where I hid this little piece of crud:

http://nightmaremachine.org/music/SupportingMe.mp3

The very very very very VERY VERY VERY early "hey I'm just starting this track" phase of Supporting me. Gonna end up taking it in this sort of direction. Also I think I might just fly solo on this track since my idea for it is pretty particular and I'm going to be overly picky about it. So right now there isn't much to it.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm a good singer, so I'd love to help sing a track for someone. My music progress is going really slow right now. My laptop's fan is wearing out, so I can't use it until we get a new one, which could very well end up taking the entire Summer. I want to contribute in that time, but the extent of what I can do is really limited. My singing skills have never really been put to good use though, so yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Go for it!!

Also I figure because nobody really ever checks my music thread where I hid this little piece of crud:

[media=]http://www.sonicstadium.org/out.php?http://nightmaremachine.org/music/SupportingMe.mp3

The very very very very VERY VERY VERY early "hey I'm just starting this track" phase of Supporting me. Gonna end up taking it in this sort of direction. Also I think I might just fly solo on this track since my idea for it is pretty particular and I'm going to be overly picky about it. So right now there isn't much to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

It is indeed good enough! I'll keep that all in mind for future, thank you =D ALSO, I think the Sonic Radio thing is a great idea <3

Also awh, I was looking forward to collabing on that one, Punk. :c aw well, it sounds fantastic so far, at least I think so! So keep at it!

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

I must sound stupid but how to use an VST? I am totally clueless about how and what it is. I am on a Mac. Can someone link me a small manual or something?

I must sound stupid but how to use an VST? I am totally clueless about how and what it is. I am on a Mac. Can someone link me a small manual or something?

You need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) such as Cubase, FL Studio, Reaper or Renoise. VSTs are interfaces for integrating synthesizers, effects or the like. Basically, it's virtual instrument technology. There's a wide array of them available, both freeware and commercial.

Most workstations that support it create a common VstPlugins Folder that's shared by default with every other program that uses them. Insert the plugin into that folder and load it up in your workstation of choice. That said, whether you can use them or not completely depends on what you use to make your music and if it supports it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks... a whole lot! ;D

I know how I am spending my holidays now.

Edited by Faseehudeen

I may not really be able to use my computer, but I have some good news for the future at least. I figured out how to get FL Studio working on a Mac, so when I get the new laptop, I'll probably try to learn it. Hopefully this means me and Urban Flow will be able to do that Chrome Gadget collab after all.

• Thumbs Up 2

I may not really be able to use my computer, but I have some good news for the future at least. I figured out how to get FL Studio working on a Mac, so when I get the new laptop, I'll probably try to learn it. Hopefully this means me and Urban Flow will be able to do that Chrome Gadget collab after all.

wow, you guys actually got FL studio. I ain't allowed to buy anything. But can I know how to run FL Studio on a mac wothout Boot Camp or Parallel?

wow, you guys actually got FL studio. I ain't allowed to buy anything. But can I know how to run FL Studio on a mac wothout Boot Camp or Parallel?

I used a program called Wine to emulate the Windows components needed to install and run it. Wine was originally a Linux program, but there is a Mac port. You could also try Crossover, but it costs money. You may have some trouble making music with strictly free software though, just sayin'. Not that it's not possible of course, I hear the demo for FL Studio is pretty generous.

Edited by KatamariParadox

I used a program called Wine to emulate the Windows components needed to install and run it. Wine was originally a Linux program, but there is a Mac port. You could also try Crossover, but it costs money. You may have some trouble making music with strictly free software though, just sayin'. Not that it's not possible of course, I hear the demo for FL Studio is pretty generous.

Indeed, the demo is awesome, just lacks the ability to save...

Had several tracks that I was bummed out about not being able to save them...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh ok... I'll try those out.

Im still a beginner musician =w= I made this tonight. It probably isn't good enough to be in the album, but if anyone would like to take a listen, go ahead ^^ [media=]

Critiquing would be lovely! I wanna learn anything i can so i can improve ^^

Sounds really good! I l like it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds really good! I l like it!

I like it too! Really catchy. I love how the lead slides (or more clearly, pitch bends) Nice job on that. Frankly it does sound like album material to me!

http://youtu.be/ehRmTy-kOSs

Edited by Urban Flow

Welp, there goes my idea for a Hang Castle mix XD

So I guess when the OP gets updated, mark me down for these:

-Sonic Heroes: Frog Forest

-Sonic Adventure: Speed Highway (At Dawn)

-Sonic Adventure 2: Chao Race

-Sonic Adventure 2: Lost Colony

-Ollie King: Funk to the Top

-Shadow the Hedgehog: Digital Circuit

-Sonic Battle: Emerl (Final Battle)

-Original Song

Thank you, backup ideas XD

Edited by Hiro Kageyama
  • Thumbs Up 2

Welp, there goes my idea for a Hang Castle mix XD

So I guess when the OP gets updated, mark me down for these:

-Sonic Heroes: Frog Forest

-Sonic Adventure: Speed Highway (At Dawn)

-Sonic Adventure 2: Chao Race

-Sonic Adventure 2: Lost Colony

-Ollie King: Funk to the Top

-Shadow the Hedgehog: Digital Circuit

-Sonic Battle: Emerl (Final Battle)

-Original Song

Thank you, backup ideas XD

Chao Race!? I'm willing to collab on that one! Always wanted to do one!

• Thumbs Up 1