Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Chao Race!? I'm willing to collab on that one! Always wanted to do one!

Awesome! I'm down! PM me later and we'll talk about it and stuff!

• Thumbs Up 1

My friend (who studies in a school named 'School of the Arts') would like to do cover art for this year's album. He will be joining the forums soon. When he comes in, I'll notify you guys. Vizard, any rules and guidelines for him?

Im still a beginner musician =w= I made this tonight. It probably isn't good enough to be in the album, but if anyone would like to take a listen, go ahead ^^

Critiquing would be lovely! I wanna learn anything i can so i can improve ^^

This is pretty fantastic. I'd make the bass kick just a smidge punchier but even then that's scraping the barrel for criticism. Great job!

Quick update!

http://db.tt/SXiZlZfm

Notable changes:

- Crispier

- Enhanced Bass

- Wider (Enhanced wet acoustics)

- Enhanced Stereo

If you have any suggestions let me know! I love feedback!

The composition is wonderful and I love it, but

1o1zl0.png

These levels really, really need work. Loudness war is not exactly pleasant, it was one of the reasons eXtaticus' tracks on the last album completely shit the bed.

The results here are amazing so far, keep it up you guys!

• Thumbs Up 7

The composition is wonderful and I love it, but

These levels really, really need work. Loudness war is not exactly pleasant, it was one of the reasons eXtaticus' tracks on the last album completely shit the bed.

It sounds better! Personally I would have EQ'd some of the individual instruments' levels such as the bass so it doesn't have as many highs, but this works. That said, I think I realized upon listening to it again; there's a lot of reverb in there. You might want to be careful with it, as it drowns out the arpeggio.

• Thumbs Up 3

It sounds better! Personally I would have EQ'd some of the individual instruments' levels such as the bass so it doesn't have as many highs, but this works. That said, I think I realized upon listening to it again; there's a lot of reverb in there. You might want to be careful with it, as it drowns out the arpeggio.

Edited by Pulsetitan

I know I keep saying stuffs, but I have yet another song to do now after I scrapped my original list. The new addition is Misty Lake from Sonic and the Black Knight, and it's kinda sounding super pagan punk like but mixed with acoustic...but metal? LOL? IDK, I'm working on it right now, and it's kinda a genre I'm more familiar with, so I hope I can push this one out easy, since it's been pretty easy to write for. It's super epic and in 6/8ths and everything fancy.

...I also watched Braveheart last night, so that might have what done this LOL.

So yeah, I guess that's Jungle Joyride Night, Sky Fortress Act 2 mixed with High and Broken, and Misty Lake for me so far, =D.

• Thumbs Up 5

OP finally updated.

Sonic Rush Remix of Back 2 Back by me >w< http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7980316/ Took me well over a week to polish it...

One thing: under what name would you want me to put it? BoomBox or Sorem?

I'd like to make a few remixes... Live And Learn (acoustic interlude) FeelGood Battery (Flying Battery - Sonic&amp;Knuckles. Melodic remix) Final iPad (Final Zone - Sonic 1. iPad only remix) Edit - I'd like to make an original too, if possible. Moonlight Park Zone.

Alright! Welcome back, Wilderness!

@xTrickyWolfy: Got your music! Can't seem to download Hang Castle though... xD;;;

Well after being frustrated forever to finally come to conclusion it sounded like shit was because I'm trying to make acoustic with an electric guitar. So I took about 10 seconds to make it metal, and blah. After exporting I realize the volumes are kinda whack, but whatever, this isn't what I want anyways. Maybe in 3 months when I get back home I can get an acoustic and a mic and record it how I want.

Anyways, the demo of the version that'll never happen anyways:

https://www.box.com/s/4276d2ba4b37fc3bfc1c

• Thumbs Up 4

Well after being frustrated forever to finally come to conclusion it sounded like shit was because I'm trying to make acoustic with an electric guitar. So I took about 10 seconds to make it metal, and blah. After exporting I realize the volumes are kinda whack, but whatever, this isn't what I want anyways. Maybe in 3 months when I get back home I can get an acoustic and a mic and record it how I want.

https://www.box.com/...2ba4b37fc3bfc1c

I'm a big fan of the original, but this is great! Actually liked this as much as the original and adds a completely different musical style to the original.

https://www.box.com/...2ba4b37fc3bfc1c

I wanted to do a Misty Lake Remix (I am not sure which direction I will take, I will be figuring that out soon) too... Your remix is cool. Really nice work there. I am eager to see your final version.

I think for the sake of variety, it's best I don't clash and bang with other tracks. People don't wanna hear the same track again and again, do they? ;)

Alright Viz, I got a few changes to my list. Do me a favor and remove Dilapidated Way first off. I doubt I'll end up doing that one. Instead, I'm putting up another track from Sonic CD [JP]: Collision Chaos Good Future. It's my favorite GF theme from the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanted to do a Misty Lake Remix (I am not sure which direction I will take, I will be figuring that out soon) too... Your remix is cool. Really nice work there. I am eager to see your final version.

I think for the sake of variety, it's best I don't clash and bang with other tracks. People don't wanna hear the same track again and again, do they? wink.png

Oh ok, that's cool, =D. Though that one I posted was a metal thing, I definitely am not going in that direction for my final thing. I probably won't have anything out for it in awhile since I want to get an acoustic guitar for mine. I was planning a real irish/scottish almost "Braveheart" like version of it with strings and various celtic/irish/scottish instruments.

Edited by Faseehudeen

http://soundcloud.co...-mixdown-rhythm

EDIT: Discovered there's been a slight problem with the way my "guitar link" has been working, which has affected this recording.

Decided to completely start again with this cover. Decided to change the guitar tone slightly to reduce the distortion noise I was getting. I think this is much improved over before. You can just about hear all 4 guitars for the rhythm part now (bear in mind that this hasn't been mixed or mastered yet). Some timing issues and small mistakes, but with a bit of polish this will turn out great!

Just need to add lead, bass, drums and vocals now!

If anyone would like to do the vocals then I would appreciate it!

Also, anyone who can drum (or use electronic drums/drum machines) could do a drum part for me, that would be appreciated too!

Edited by iwantthatguitar

Also, anyone who can drum (or use electronic drums/drum machines) could do a drum part for me, that would be appreciated too!

I can probably whip something up for you, but gimme about 5 days since I'm on a vacation right now, and don't have my music program on my computer right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can probably whip something up for you, but gimme about 5 days since I'm on a vacation right now, and don't have my music program on my computer right now.

If you could, that would be awesome! :D And there's no rush dude :)

I'm still nowhere, sadly. I just can't get a handle on these Golden-Axe tracks.. :(

Im still a beginner musician =w= I made this tonight. It probably isn't good enough to be in the album, but if anyone would like to take a listen, go ahead ^^ [media=]

Critiquing would be lovely! I wanna learn anything i can so i can improve ^^

I'm not sure when you're gonna update the list Viz, but I wanted to tell you to keep Dilapidated Way on mine instead of removing it like I had asked before. I haven't really started on anything else, and the WWP remix is on hold until I get a new laptop which should hopefully be in the next month.

EDIT: I just got my keyboard back, and managed set it up in Ableton just now. I'll probably try some random things until the laptop fan gets too noisy. Of course, I can play with the keyboard without the laptop to get more experience too.

Man, I can't wait for that new laptop.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 4

A preview of the Sky Troops remix Hinchy and I are working on, as well as the mod it will be used for. The final product should be done soon.

• Thumbs Up 2