Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Oh Jeff updated the OP and put in a lot of new stuff there.

*reads and reads*

Okay, I'll try to do a cover art with a friend of mine biggrin.png

And you can add in the Living in the City Remix in the Collabs list. It will be by me and Alien.Renegade. (Don't spoil anything like the mystery additions tongue.png)

http://youtu.be/xioJLd_tmeU

Yes, a WIP of a remix I am working on. Criticism welcome. :D

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh Jeff updated the OP and put in a lot of new stuff there.

*reads and reads*

Okay, I'll try to do a cover art with a friend of mine biggrin.png

And you can add in the Living in the City Remix in the Collabs list. It will be by me and Alien.Renegade. (Don't spoil anything like the mystery additions tongue.png)

http://youtu.be/xioJLd_tmeU

Yes, a WIP of a remix I am working on. Criticism welcome. biggrin.png

The song has a gap at 0:04 seconds. Almost like it was cut off. I suggest filling the notes that are missing so it can enter into the song with out the awkward gap or pause. Besides that, I suggest making your snare drum louder. I really like how you incorporated a flute. Decent instrumentation, I like that. Seeing as this is a WIP, I am sure you will fix and tweak this out some more. Thats all I have to say biggrin.png
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, with the release of the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts... Let's crank up the quality on our end, shall we? >D

• Thumbs Up 5

So, with the release of the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts... Let's crank up the quality on our end, shall we? >D

I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully this can help. A Generations Classic remix of Hot Crater Act 1 (It's also extended with some new content).

http://soundcloud.com/wormsounds-1/hot-crater-classic-extended

• Thumbs Up 3

The song has a gap at 0:04 seconds. Almost like it was cut off. I suggest filling the notes that are missing so it can enter into the song with out the awkward gap or pause. Besides that, I suggest making your snare drum louder. I really like how you incorporated a flute. Decent instrumentation, I like that. Seeing as this is a WIP, I am sure you will fix and tweak this out some more. Thats all I have to say biggrin.png

Yeah, I plan on filling that and lengthening the song a little more, thanks a lot!

That sounds so straight forward but I seem to be thinking of so many meanings for that. Anyways, we shall do so, Sir Jeffrey, and we promise that! With so much collabs, WE CAN show them WHAT we're MADE OF! Gosh, I'll never do that again.

If you want any form of quality cranked up, I'll see if I can offer some help if anyone needs it. Though, two things seem to be holding me back - my status as an OC Remixer, and the fact that I only just joined when the SPRS came out O.o

But whichever happens, you've got my support every step of the way :-)

• Thumbs Up 6

If you want any form of quality cranked up, I'll see if I can offer some help if anyone needs it. Though, two things seem to be holding me back - my status as an OC Remixer, and the fact that I only just joined when the SPRS came out O.o

Welcome, it's always nice to have new people. :D Thanks a lot. But how does being a OC Remixer and a SPRS person stop you? You can be in multiple communities right? O.O

Thanks again. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew your name looked familiar...

Anyways, welcome aboard, Rexy!

Edited by Jubei
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes welcome.....and might I add I really liked your songs on the SPRS biggrin.png Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 1

I will be submitting more work soon guys! :')

But for now I would like to announce there is a unknown remix from me which will only be unveiled on the release date of the album! smile.png

The only other person to have heard this remix is Jeffhog, As a token of my appreciation for the opportunity he's created for us all.

Thanks to everyone who supported me on the last album and even bigger thanks to the people who gave me critique and feedback on my submission for this album, pushing me to do even better smile.png

P.S I just saw that Rexy has joined! I listened to your Marble Garden Remix and Ice Cap Remix's when I was still in school, Waaay before I joined any Sonic Forum and started remixing.. You were one of the reason I started looking into music creation and found FL Studio. Without you I simply would not be here, I owe a lot to you :)

Edited by StereoPix3l
  • Thumbs Up 4

P.S I just saw that Rexy has joined! I listened to your Marble Garden Remix and Ice Cap Remix's when I was still in school, Waaay before I joined any Sonic Forum and started remixing.. You were one of the reason I started looking into music creation and found FL Studio. Without you I simply would not be here, I owe a lot to you smile.png

Edited by Rexy

Saw your message, Pix3l! It really brought a smile to my face!

Also, two bits of news.

1-Album name is now final: The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012. Album cover submissions will open soon!

2-List of songs has been removed from the OP, in order to make the album more secretive and surprising. Idea came to mind after Pix3l sent me a WIP of his secret submission. I can say that we now have over 20 songs in the album. Should any of you (musicians in the album) have any inquiries such as what songs of yours are in (in case you can't remember) and anything else, then be sure to let me know.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Rexy, Hmm, I may of got you confuses with another artist, It was a long time agoo.. You was on the Project Chaos album right?

I still listened to Project Chaos a lot and loved Beneath the ashes :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I was involved with Project Chaos, and you are indeed looking at one of the writers behind "Beneath the Ashes". :D

I got your PM too; shall reply to that real soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess that's a Classic style remix? Cos' the drums are very obvious? Good job anyways dude! biggrin.png

Nope, modern. The drums are probably too loud, So that'll probably get tweaked.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm liking it! I think the track as a whole though is waaay too reverb sounding.. Especially the alternative guitars at 12-13-14 seconds.

The drums need some more punch to them, Maybe add some more kick drums and layer them, or open a Parametric EQ and boost the bass frequencies?

I really like the drum breakdown at 51 seconds! :)

Keep it up dude :')

I guess that's a Classic style remix? Cos' the drums are very obvious? Good job anyways dude! biggrin.png

Nope, modern. The drums are probably too loud, So that'll probably get tweaked.

WUT. I got the Modern Style feel off the bat :P

Can't really speak for the arrangement as it is due to lack of familiarity with the game (but it should hopefully be rectified soon!), but I actually feel you're doing good with the levelling. Not sure if I can hear the reverb qualms that Pixel brought up though, but what I do think is that the rhythm guitars themselves may need a hint more emphasis on the mids if you haven't done that already; for now they tend to sound really tinny coming through my setup.

Otherwise, nothing much to criticise here. I was cool with this kind of setup anyway with "WORM.BAGGED" on SPRS, so it's up to you on what you make of it :)

Don't know whether I'll be contributing this to the album or not yet but..

This is my own Classic styled remix of Planet Wisp,

This was originally a remake of the Sonic Colors stage theme but then I decided to do a Modern and Classic Mix for it smile.png

Huge credit to Aivi Tran (waltzforluma) For the original MIDI! Without it I wouldnt have been able to make this! tongue.png

Edited by StereoPix3l
  • Thumbs Up 2