Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Really loving this Vizzard! Loads of emotion in it, brung a tear to my eye :)

Nice to see the sound quality is perfect, You recorded live for yhe first album right?

We need more pieces like this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently, I can't think of a different direction for my Mad Gear remix and I am experiencing mind blocks. I have no idea how to go with it in any way. I can't just give what I have now cos' it's too close to the original so what I'd like to know is...

What do you guys do when you have mindblocks? Do you just abandon the project or come back to it after a long time?

I've tried the second one but apparently, it doesn't seem to help. D:

First thing first, good start! I think there should be a little less echo after the intro and at 0:11, I think a tape crash/stop effect would be nice.

After what you have done so far, I think you can break out into harmonies of some synths like that part at Classic Sky Sanctuary where 3 or some number like that synths are playing their own part and then harmonies together, just that you would have to do it in a more electric way here. :)

EDIT: Now I feel like a hedgehog between giants. Great. (Actually, now I am inspired to learn and do more)

Edited by Faseeh

First thing first, good start! I think there should be a little less echo after the intro and at 0:11, I think a tape crash/stop effect would be nice.

After what you have done so far, I think you can break out into harmonies of some synths like that part at Classic Sky Sanctuary where 3 or some number like that synths are playing their own part and then harmonies together, just that you would have to do it in a more electric way here. smile.png

Ahh, the harmonies are a good idea. I'll have to look into that.

As for a tape-stop effect, hehe...

Ahh, the harmonies are a good idea. I'll have to look into that.

As for a tape-stop effect, hehe...

In case you were wondering, yes. I checked out that video.

Hey everyone! I haven't really posted here in a while, so I wanted to kind of give an update and say hi to all the new people.

First of all, I've been a lot busier lately. Right after Sonic Boom, I got a new job and have been working full time. I've also had other stuff going on as well, so, I haven't had as much time to work on mixes lately. Although this past week I've been listening to a lot of Sonic remixes during work on my iPod (including some awesome tracks from DJ EAR, VizardJeffhog, Rexy, and more), and it's really been inspiring me to get back into things and make some more contributions to the album!

Also, I've been catching up with all of the posts in this topic and notice that there are a lot of new members on board for this. So, I wanted to say hi to all the new members on this project! :D It's good to have you all here. I can already tell that this is going to be a lot bigger than the 2011 album.

Now, as far as my status on mixes... I currently have one submission on the album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RauMcSkWKE's the link for anyone who's missed it). Otherwise, I have a crapload of WIP's that I've started on, and need to figure out what I actually want to finish and where I can take them. I hope to eventually finish the Marble Garden mix that I started (a WIP can be found on the of this topic). Also, I swear I'm not copying you Alien.Renegade, but months ago I started on a remix of the Sonic Spinball boss theme that I kind of want to finish. :P We'll see what happens though. I also kind of want to carry on my tradition from last year and remix a really obscure Sonic tune. I have a few ideas in mind.

Anyway, yeah, just wanted to let you guys know that I plan on doing some more stuff for this album in the coming months. My ambition level has greatly risen!

Edited by mikeblastdude
  • Thumbs Up 5

Welcome back, Mike! >8D

As for Alien.Renegade's Spinboss remix, he submitted it to the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts, so I took it off from here and added it to the SP album instead for its own variety. That leaves the Spinball Boss theme open!

And yes, the flow of new people makes me happeh too. C:

Just throwing out a random link to another song >w> https://www.furaffinity.net/view/8821065/

Does anyone know where I can get some clips of Silver the Hedgehog talking?? I want to switch out the ones in the song some time. I had recorded them myself during gameplay and there's a high pitch noise in the background, so the clips couldn't be very loud. And I need to turn down the drum (my high quality headphones broke and now I notice just how loud the bass is)

That's an awesome WIP Luka!! Can't wait to hear the whole thing! I think adding in an effect like the tape stop would be awesome. You should add some killer bass or something when it gets going. Give it your own spark! biggrin.png

Edited by SonikkuXM

Well, having also worked on a Sonic 2006 arrangement in recent times and similarly involved character voice clips, I ended up looking around Sounds Resource for any appropriate soundbytes. However, the only clean Silver voice clips I could find from that site weren't from '06, but from Free Riders and Generations. tongue.png I still used some of the Free Riders ones regardless, depending on context.

How did you record your sound clips anyway? If it's through a microphone against the TV, I think that would explain the high-pitched noise. Perhaps I would suggest getting a Mini-Jack cable and plugging one end of it in the headphone slot of your TV and the other end in the microphone (or blue line-in) port of your PC and recording it through that.

Hopefully in regards to clips, this would be a start smile.png

Edited by Rexy

Dammit I'm totally letting my work pile up on me kinda like what I'm doing in college right now.

In addition to Frog Forest and GUN Robo, I started three MORE songs. I'd post some WIPs, but I'm not even that far in any of them.

If you're curious about what the songs are at all, here are some vague hints:

Hint #1:

You have 5 minutes to advance through each section.

Hint #2

"..."

[YES] NO

"..."

Hint #3

Sparks will fly inside the pyramid

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dammit I'm totally letting my work pile up on me kinda like what I'm doing in college right now.

In addition to Frog Forest and GUN Robo, I started three MORE songs. I'd post some WIPs, but I'm not even that far in any of them.

If you're curious about what the songs are at all, here are some vague hints:

Hint #1:

You have 5 minutes to advance through each section.

Hint #2

"..."

[YES] NO

"..."

Hint #3

Sparks will fly inside the pyramid

To Hint #1, I'm still trying to guess.

To Hint #2, I say Continue?/GAME OVER.

To Hint #3, I say Death Chamber!

EDIT: WAIT. IS HINT #1 RELATING TO CANNON'S CORE?

To Hint #1, I'm still trying to guess.

To Hint #2, I say Continue?/GAME OVER.

To Hint #3, I say Death Chamber!

EDIT: WAIT. IS HINT #1 RELATING TO CANNON'S CORE?

Wrong on all of them lol XP

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll see if I can make some guesses.

1 - All I can think of is "I'm a Spy" from Sonic Adventure 2 - 5 minutes to look for shards. I can't remember any other situation in the Sonic series that puts THAT strict a restriction on a level o_O

2 - All I can really think of are any of the town mission themes in Sonic '06. (there we go, back there again xD)

3 - Either Sandopolis Zone (unlikely since I'm sure someone else has it?) or King Boom Boo? Again I am sucking at guessing xD

I'll see if I can make some guesses.

1 - All I can think of is "I'm a Spy" from Sonic Adventure 2 - 5 minutes to look for shards. I can't remember any other situation in the Sonic series that puts THAT strict a restriction on a level o_O

2 - All I can really think of are any of the town mission themes in Sonic '06. (there we go, back there again xD)

3 - Either Sandopolis Zone (unlikely since I'm sure someone else has it?) or King Boom Boo? Again I am sucking at guessing xD

this is fun lol

I NEED OPINIONS ON MY WIP. ;~;

http://soundcloud.co...ush-classic-wip

Aside from what has been said before, all I'd say is that there needs to be a little more oomph on the second half (after the beat comes in at around 12 seconds.). Sounds pretty good so far.

I GOT ONE!

5 MINUTES/SECTION, I SUDDENLY FUCKING REMEMBERED.

EGG ROCKET ZONE! IT'S EGG ROCKET ZONE FROM SONIC ADVANCE!

"You have five minutes to advance through each section." Clever. XD I JUST noticed the pun there.

...fuck, I've got to play the Advance series again, it's been too long... D;

• Thumbs Up 2

I GOT ONE!

5 MINUTES/SECTION, I SUDDENLY FUCKING REMEMBERED.

EGG ROCKET ZONE! IT'S EGG ROCKET ZONE FROM SONIC ADVANCE!

"You have five minutes to advance through each section." Clever. XD I JUST noticed the pun there.

...fuck, I've got to play the Advance series again, it's been too long... D;

There ya go!

That's one down. Two more to go!

• Thumbs Up 1