Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Alright! I got some stuff for you guys!

I'm presenting not one, but two, count 'em, TWO more submissions!

The first one is the GUN Robo remix that I've been working on recently! Hopefully the rhythm guitar sounds better to you guys.

http://soundcloud.co...negade/gun-boss

(also, special thanks to KP for giving me some awesome slap bass-ness)

The other one is one that a lot of you most likely forgot about/didn't know about. I finally decided to finish my Frog Forest remix! This was actually the first song I started working on (in May), and it took me until October to actually decide to finish it for some reason. I ended up changing a lot in this final version, even adding a little "rain dance"-type groove near the end.

http://soundcloud.co...og-forest-remix

If my math is correct, that means I have two more submissions to go.

One of them is a remix of Sonic Rush Adventure's boss theme:

and do you guys remember the Metal Sonic track I did last year?

Well, I'm gonna do a song that acts as a prequel to that one! But the difference is, it won't be an original this time around. It'll be a remix. or should I say, a medley of remixes in one track.

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 3

OK guys, I really really wanna get in on this. Here is my current WIP of Speed Slider Zone (which, despite not reading through all 43 pages, I'm positively sure no one has taken):

https://www.box.com/...76zpptdkegnbp88

It's not exactly finished, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Added an intro, some effects, but the first section is mostly true to the original (while still being new). The second part is where it gets fancy. I call it the nostalgic section due to Sonicy instruments, sound effects and musical callbacks. This stage doesn't get enough love, so I took it upon myself to change that.

Edited by cosmictruffle
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like the stuff from 32-ish on, it's got a nice sound to it. Although, I think the jump from the lone keyboard to the rest of the instruments is a little jarring, maybe if the keyboard stayed in with the other instruments (at least for a bit) it would sound better?

Also, like you did in the keyboard intro, at 0:20 is that a D Major chord or something? It would be alright if the melody was changed to accommodate it, but if you're gonna stick to the original melody I'd suggest a D Minor (or better yet, a Dm7) to play there.

You could also just stay on the F Major chord, until the switch to the G, if you find fitting that Dm in there problematic.

I agree.

OK guys, I really really wanna get in on this. Here is my current WIP of Speed Slider Zone (which, despite not reading through all 43 pages, I'm positively sure no one has taken):

https://www.box.com/...76zpptdkegnbp88

It's not exactly finished, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Added an intro, some effects, but the first section is mostly true to the original (while still being new). The second part is where it gets fancy. I call it the nostalgic section due to Sonicy instruments, sound effects and musical callbacks. This stage doesn't get enough love, so I took it upon myself to change that.

I like this alot! Nice.
  • Thumbs Up 1

SO - As is tradition, I'm waiting until the last possible moments to begin work on most of my submissions - although I did start on a few of them over the past several months, so there's a bit of direction and completion.

(I'm a bit busy this week cramming work in for WayforwardTech to satisfy their Mighty Switch Force crew. As well as something for The Sonic Show...)

It's currently 1:30PM so I'm thinking tonight around 9:30PM (8 hours from this post) I'll do a lil livestream of myself working on some music. (Probably NOT for this project happy.png;wink.png

- and I'd like to formally offer my services for Mastering anyone's tunes that would like em' done.

(As an example, I Mastered Wolfy's Title Track "The Blue Blur" on last years TSSMA http://projects.soni...sic-album-2011/ - as well as my own tunes ^^wink.png

---> Just toss me an E-Mail at [ djear.info@gmail.com ] with linked or attached stems to your song, and I'll be happy to fix em up for ya.

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 4

I like the stuff from 32-ish on, it's got a nice sound to it. Although, I think the jump from the lone keyboard to the rest of the instruments is a little jarring, maybe if the keyboard stayed in with the other instruments (at least for a bit) it would sound better?

As a matter of fact, the keyboard does keep playing, when I exported the song however, it was barely audible. And when too loud it kinda started to over power the other instruments...I actually think I'm going to do something different for the intro. At first I liked it, but as I listened to it, I slowly noticed the flaws with using the whirly keyboard(that's what it is called in Garageband). I think I'll just run the audio file into Garageband again, change the instrument for the intro and what not (maybe I'll even add more), or just change the placement of certain notes(in Garageband, this can mean the difference between a scratchy sound or a pleasant note). I'll see what I can do, I'll post the new intro sometime this week.

I wouldn't know, everyday I discover something new using Garageband, I probably won't crack it for a while, but I'll try messing with that stuff some more.

@ Ash: The GUN Mobile remix sounds cool, but the guitars are so MIDI. xD Want me to record some guitars over it? I tabbed out the song in full earlier this year so I already know how to play it.

waitwaitwait what? where?

Livestream went well. I'd delete this post if I could ^_^;;

I might do something like this later next week at a time when more people might be able to hop on.

-I'd be happy to answer production questions and give everyone some tips

Here's what we made!

http://www.twitmusic.com/huepow00/songs/walking-out-the-door

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::

Alright, so!

Decided to backtrack through the thread and see if I've been missing a few things.

Stereo, as of now, I have Sky Fortress, and an original called Meteor Tech Satellite. Though you have finished Final Fortress and South Island, I have not been given the downloads for them. Mind sending them over before I end up forgetting?

KP, concerning Aquarium Park, I'm not sure if Shelbi/TrickyWolfy officially submitted her Mystic Park remix. I'll get back to her in a bit to discuss the album and whether she showed us were either submissions or just demonstrating her wares earlier.

Alien, I'll leave your GUN Robo track slide until you have confirmed whether or not with Joshua if you need changing or not.

Cosmictruffle, MasterJace, welcome aboard!

SonikkuXM, you still with us?

EXshad, be sure to get back to me asap about the Oil Desert/Melponterations tracks you took part in!

If anyone else needs verifying, or to check whether a specific stage or song has been taken, PM me and I'll check the current tracklist. However, I think we are in the clear.

As of now, I believe we are around 26 tracks. Keep it up, guys!

I think I'll open album cover submissions next month. Sounds good everyone?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wowsers, 26 tracks? That's a good amount of subs! We should be on a roll with this!

I'm coming close to finishing up something, so expect something in your inbox by the weekend, Viz :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Wowsers, 26 tracks? That's a good amount of subs! We should be on a roll with this!

I'm coming close to finishing up something, so expect something in your inbox by the weekend, Viz smile.png

Oh my~! C8

Alien, I'll leave your GUN Robo track slide until you have confirmed whether or not with Joshua if you need changing or not.

Oh. xD Um, pretty much everywhere. I think they're too MIDI-sounding. Granted, they are MIDI, but still. tongue.png

Eh, I'll keep it. I like how it turned out.

I've got a preview for you guys. What started out as an original piece has become one of my largest projects yet. BEHOLD!

https://www.box.com/...ow0654xzl559en7

Within this song lies 5 remixes, all of which come from SEGA's past.

The songs are as follow:

Awaken ~ Gain Ground

Flying Battery Zone ~ Sonic & Knuckles

Boss Battle ~ E-SWAT

Hydrocity Zone ~ Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Shooting Ristar ~ Ristar

AND THIS ISN'T EVEN ITS FINAL FORM!

As an added bonus, I threw in an original intro for some build up.

Edited by wOrm
  • Thumbs Up 6

Alright guys. First up, I went back to my first remix ever and did some changes to it.

https://www.box.com/s/6m57tscd0o24xy96b000

Alright, as of now it's really small and I was thinking of ending it with something special and that would only maximum last for only 20 seconds.

Firstly, let me ask a question. Has Vizard set like a rule that says how long your submission must be? I think I must have missed it.

Depending on the answer, I might think of doing some stuff to it and sending it to Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts instead.

Secondly, anything you guys think I should change? I am trying to get the drums louder but I can't. I shall try manual track gain effects after this. I shall wait a while for feedback and if it's okay for now, I'll move on to do that original ending. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I've got a preview for you guys. What started out as an original piece has become one of my largest projects yet. BEHOLD!

https://www.box.com/...ow0654xzl559en7

Within this song lies 5 remixes, all of which come from SEGA's past.

The songs are as follow:

Awaken ~ Gain Ground

Flying Battery Zone ~ Sonic & Knuckles

Boss Battle ~ E-SWAT

Hydrocity Zone ~ Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Shooting Ristar ~ Ristar

AND THIS ISN'T EVEN ITS FINAL FORM!

As an added bonus, I threw in an original intro for some build up.

Awwwwwww sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I love Gain Ground.

...holy shit, wOrm. Keep at it!

Faseeh, you've done great progress since you threw a bunch of WIPs and then concentrated on one. Now Mad Gear's really coming together!

We've had one mix last year that clocked in at 10 minutes, a Dreams of An Absolution one. I wasn't going to accept a track that long again if it just looped to a similar manner to it.

This year though, Rexy submitted a 7 minute track (and a OMG one at that!), EXshad sent in his and Zach Hinchy's Sky Troops from Melponterations at around 6, and wOrm here showed up with a WIP with lots of good substance reaching at 5 minutes as of now.

There is no limit to length as long as you're reasonable. Tracks that come in above 45 seconds and below 1:30 can be submitted as interludes, but I think you're really going places with your Mad Gear there. Submissions close around February, so you still got loads of time!

• Thumbs Up 2

Tracks that come in above 45 seconds and below 1:30 can be submitted as interludes

Just a random question: is the one-interlude-per-person rule from last year still in effect?

Edited by Ash Crimson

Hm... I wasn't going to show this off until I got more progress on it, but I got a good start on my Aquarium Park mix.

https://www.box.com/...b09ezj01b9w5qpf

Feel free to tell me what genre this falls under now because I'm not sure. Also, critique encouraged once again.

Then again.. It differs enough from Shelbi's, so I think I'll accept it when it's done.

I also noticed you already submitted Tidal Tempest, and I think you mentioned you'd be working on a water-trope original too...

...*snrk* CALAMARIPARADOX.

sorry

• Thumbs Up 3

Then again.. It differs enough from Shelbi's, so I think I'll accept it when it's done.

I also noticed you already submitted Tidal Tempest, and I think you mentioned you'd be working on a water-trope original too...

...*snrk* CALAMARIPARADOX.

sorry

o.e;

I... think I need more variety, don't I?

o.e;

I... think I need more variety, don't I?

No no, it's fine, really! xD I was just crackin' a joke, and the album has varied enough tropes as it is now.

NIIICE. I like it so far. xD What do you use for your drums, Katamari?

I borrowed the drum loop used in Aquarium Park Act 3 from the song itself. xD

• Thumbs Up 2